suji

L'Arc~en~Ciel announces new YouTube channel & another BIG announcement

important enough to be on TV? i'd bet either on 1) kaisan/tour cancellation or 2) extended tour/last-minute christmas and/or countdown concerts?

Edited by saishuu

It will probably just be some live announcement, I don't think we're realistically getting a new album from them at this point (but let them prove me wrong! heh).

Their kids are making their trio/band on their own too. Kodomo En Ciel.  And they will be direct competition to BABYMETAL.

Debut stage will be on New Years show, opening for their Tou-San band.

New reprint of Hurry Xmas (no one asked) and/or kaisan. As much as I love these guys I know it's coming one day.

Otherwise it's just gonna be some quick tour with another best of album.

If they were going to kaisan it would've probably happened a while back. At this point doing their annual or bi-annual shows is like a big fat ATM machine. They just have to show up and walk away with enough money to do whatever else they do. Sure there's a few rehearsals beforehand but as professionals who've done these songs a million times over, I doubt it takes them much effort anymore.

Or maybe they're announcing Sakura is back after having performed with Tetsu for the first time in 22 years.

Also the setlist was pretty awesome for this session:

黒夢「Beams」
L'arc 「Dune」
TETSU69「蜃気楼」
黒夢「十字架との戯れ」
https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000175072

Edited by carddass

Damn, this is a Yoshiki-level announcement.
And really, just 3 videos?
It's as if someone in Sony / Danger Crue / band's management think that uploading all of the videos are going to cannibalize the PV DVDs or something.