Seelentau

DIR EN GREY announce TOUR20 疎外 (Sogai) and Two-Days "The Insulated World -The Screams of Alienation-"

Shinya can't organize fluent setlists. WTF was that? So he gives us new Obscure and Uroko, but then spam with visual stuff? 

Edited by EvilHippy

Shinya's setlist was the best one so far (minus new Obscure). Wild.

19 hours ago, seys said:

Meaning it won't be included on the next album?

they didn't announce it as a single for the new album when it came out + their titles reference each other.

unraveling didn't get an album release either.

9 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

unraveling didn't get an album release either.

Unraveling was its own beast (EP instead of single).

7 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

Unraveling was its own beast (EP instead of single).

I mean yeah but they reused some of its tracks on EU (?) issue of something later, an album or some shit, while avoiding including the title track anywhere else

2 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

I mean yeah but they reused some of its tracks on EU (?) issue of something later, an album or some shit, while avoiding including the title track anywhere else

Oh yeah. I think they added all DSS-era re-recordings?

EDIT.
https://www.discogs.com/DIR-EN-GREY-The-Unraveling-/release/4653940
... So no Rasetsukoku, but they've added Undecided? Strange choice.

Edited by EvilHippy

9 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

Oh yeah. I think they added all DSS-era re-recordings?

EDIT.
https://www.discogs.com/DIR-EN-GREY-The-Unraveling-/release/4653940
... So no Rasetsukoku, but they've added Undecided? Strange choice.

yeah something like that, they basically throw stuff with no real logic behind it but skip title tracks that could fit on album releases.

Shinya's setlist looks pretty killer, easily the best selection so far. Curious to see Kyo's choices tomorrow, not sure what to expect...

I'd bring a friend to Shinya's live but I'd keep Die's and Kaoru's all to myself. I'm excited for Kyo's but also glad I can stop waking up at 3am 😂

Kaoru's setlist is pretty traditional, imo.

Toshiya's.... fucking moodswing. Zan->Zakuro for an encore? Really?

Die had the best setlist for the real concert. Sense of flow, pretty energetic playlist. Tsumi to Batsu->Ranunculus still bothers, tho. But it's not that bad.

Shinya... I guess I just don't like their visual stuff that much. But the bigger problem is that there is no flow. He just picked songs where he likes to bang (Uroko, Berry, Umbrella). I dunno, feel pretty wtf.

16 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

Shinya... I guess I just don't like their visual stuff that much. But the bigger problem is that there is no flow. He just picked songs where he likes to bang (Uroko, Berry, Umbrella). I dunno, feel pretty wtf.

Yeah, kinda messy, but we urgently need someone in that weird band who openly acknowledges their VK stuff is quintessential for their project and the whole Japanese rock scene altogether. #GauzeToo 

Edited by saiko

3 minutes ago, saiko said:

Yeah, kinda messy, but we urgently need someone in that weird band who openly acknowledges their VK stuff is quintessential for them and the whole Japanese rock scene altogether. #GauzeToo 

Shinya doesn't want to age, so he's recapturing lost youth by pushing VK stuff

Edited by EvilHippy

3 hours ago, EvilHippy said:

Kaoru's setlist is pretty traditional, imo.

Toshiya's.... fucking moodswing. Zan->Zakuro for an encore? Really?

Die had the best setlist for the real concert. 

I thought Kaoru had a great start but not great ending, then Toshiya was well I didn't get a mood swing until the end and I liked that there was this feeling of 'it's the end, goodbye!'. I'll admit Die's was the best. As much as I felt like crying all through Kaoru's...in a good way.

I had wished for longer setlists but when Shinya gave it it felt too long haha & so many people in the chat predicted what he'd pick too. For nostalgia for sure

SO WHEN NOBODY OF THEM LIKES SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH WHY TF ARE THEY SPAMMING IT ON EVERY GODDAMN SETLIST

The throwback to the I'll - Zan troll was awesome!

5 minutes ago, Demivee said:

SO WHEN NOBODY OF THEM LIKES SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH WHY TF ARE THEY SPAMMING IT ON EVERY GODDAMN SETLIST

something something feel the pain of existence