Shaolan974

DEXCORE new album, "DRAGOUT." release

7 hours ago, GuancheVK said:

This is Dexcore gentlemen, this is your style I don't know what they want it to sound like ... this is metalcore with its characteristic seal. I see a lot of free criticism

Yup. Sounds like dexcore. And I like that. They're not going to reinvent the genre.

Guys, help. The part at 0:55 sounds strangely similar to a Nocturnal Bloodlust song but for the life of me, I can't remember or find what song it is. 

Please help me lay my soul to rest. (´;д;`)

1 hour ago, IchiHiroya said:

Guys, help. The part at 0:55 sounds strangely similar to a Nocturnal Bloodlust song but for the life of me, I can't remember or find what song it is. 

Please help me lay my soul to rest. (´;д;`)

I was thinking THE SAME THING!! Around 2:15, it sounds exactly like VENOM.

I too missed some ヴィジュアル gimmicks while listening to it, but better safe than sorry I guess. Still waiting the album not being too safe.

8 hours ago, rekzer said:

I listen to this song like 5 times now and i cant remember shit from it. This is one of the most boring and uninspiring things they've done

I don't know what's worse - Black Pig or this one.

This is simply metalcore chugs for the sake of metalcore chugs.

Zero creative musicianship.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:31 PM, nomemorial said:

Of all the VK metalcore bands, these dudes sound the most like western metalcore. Counting the days til they get signed to Rise Records or something 👀

Yup, really. It has very little of any vk signatures in it, and that's cool for a change. It's dumb and heavy and that's ok. 

2 hours ago, Disposable said:

Yup, really. It has very little of any vk signatures in it, and that's cool for a change. It's dumb and heavy and that's ok. 

Oh yeah, I fully agree. Have liked where these guys have been headed.

26 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

never cared for her drumming/best of luck etc, p sure they'll be just fine.

I hope it's not another case of retiring to care for their granny or something though.

X2

From all the bands I've seen live over the years, this dude definitly felt like the best drummer I have ever seen in vk. Such intense drumming live, putting the live house on fire. (Never cared for this band on CD tho).

Would really be suprised if his leave has no effect on them. Also due to his band background I can imagine he could have had important connections in the scene that will now be lost. We'll see.

9 hours ago, GuancheVK said:

sad news hopefully it doesn't affect your new album

https://dexcore.jp/news/1818/

since nobody cares to translate

Dr.Naoki will depart on February 29 due to differences in direction. Dexcore will continue activities.

Edited by suji
correction

I've been thinking about this all day since I read the news on twitter and I think there may be some inner turmoil within the band. Kagami keeps doing side-projects and session lives and such, and even on here people complain that they're the least sounding VK band in the scene. So my guess (and this is all conjecture of course) is that Naoki wants to do something more visual and the rest of the band is still digging the Western metalcore vibe, so Naoki peace-d out. This is also taking into context how quickly he left. On the website, the full comment said something about a difference in the production of the album as well, so maybe he wanted to take his leave before something was released he didn't want to fully endorse. The suddenness is the most shocking bit of this news.

Naoki said in a tweet responding to Cazqui that if DEATHGAZE revives, even for a day, he'll be waiting. While I don't think that's any time in the future, it at least sounds like he's not retiring any time soon.