Champ213

Any old school bands?

Hello everyone,

First of all, I want you to check this. As you can see, it's pretty much empty. Why? Cause I removed all my music. I want you all to recommend me 5 artists that I should listen to, no matter what language or genre. I don't care, I want music.

I promise that I'll listen to all of the bands recommended to me. Hell, I'll even download the full discography (as far as I can find it), even if I wont like the artist, so I might be able to find a song that I do like.

Things already recommended to me can be found here.

Please, everyone?

1. Anthem (heavy metal)

2. Grand Slam (hard rock/glam)

3. Blindman (power metal/hard rock)

4. Cowpers (emo/hardcore)

5. Number Girl (alternative/noise rock)

I'd like to hear some Japanese alternative metal bands. I don't have such a big demands but any recommendations?

futoshi92, you could try the album Sabae by 殻 (KARA). It's some melancholic alternative metal with some post-rock influences but that's a good place to start. a false distinction by Antikaruna is also another good artist to try. You can find links to both those artists by clicking on the first link in my sig.

I'm looking for some new bands and was hoping someone might be willing to help. I'm hoping I've come to the right place. I would really appreciate it if someone could help. Some of my fav's are girugamesh, gazette, skull, clearveil, siva, like absolute myself (lam), alice nine (zekkaishoku and earlier, none of the boy band shit they've been doing for the last few years), screw, born, and d'espairs ray.

Also a couple notes i don't mind the occasional scream or two in a song especially if its fitting, but i hate constant screaming like dir en grey sometimes does. I love good bassists (Still miss Cell from Siva) i also love awesome guitar solos. As far as vocalists I'm hoping for nothing too nasally, nasally vocalists irk me (I'm looking at you cocklobin)

That's about it, if anyone knows of any good bands that i might like judging on my tastes in music (listed above) i would really appreciate it. As you can probably tell by looking at the above list, a lot of my favorite bands no longer exist *sadface* and i could really use some new bands to get into.

Thanks guys!

Hey Hakuei, I noticed all those bands are visual. Are you looking for visual recommendations specifically or just "anything goes, as long as it sounds similar"?

I'd prefer visual, but if you know of something similar that's not visual I'd be willing to check it out

The music I've been listening to is boring the crap out of me so if anyone knows any good bands that are worth checking out.

I don't care if they are VK or not.

The music I've been listening to is boring the crap out of me so if anyone knows any good bands that are worth checking out.

I think you should check out the mixtape thread. All sorts of genres, you might find something of interest there.

I think you should check out the mixtape thread. All sorts of genres, you might find something of interest there.

On top of that there's always the two Non-Visual Recommendation Threads that have more artists than you know what to do with. Go through those too.

skrible, you can try Mono if you're into the longer side of post-rock. A lot of their stuff is slow (sometimes mellow, sometimes just slow) but their music clocks in at about 10 or so minutes on average. Something shorter may be susquatch. From what I've heard they are a bit on the slower side as well but their music is much more manageable. I suppose you can also try sawagi's electro rock stuff too but I'm not sure how slow you want your music.

some good japanese bossa-nova?

please :D

Most of Sadao Watanabe works can be labelled as bossa-nova, and they are all good (my favourite is Fly Me To The Moon and Sadao Meets Brazilian Friends) - you should try them.

some good japanese bossa-nova?

please :D

Naomi & Goro is pretty good! And Chianti introduced me to Lisa Ono. A lot of her stuff has more of a smooth jazz feel to it, but she did cover a few bossa nova classics like "desafinado" and "corcovado," so the bossa influence is definitely there.

But I wanna hear some more good japanese bossa too!

thank you guys for the bossa-nova recommendations! I've been enjoying it since then :D

now I would like to go on a deeper side...

I've been looking for this kind of music

_UyLYgzW94w

but a LOT MORE darker if you know what I mean

(for example: that awesome mid section on DIR EN GREY's Reiketsu Nariseba)

please :)

Please recommend me bands which similar to :

- Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas

- Fear From the Hate

- Crossfaith

- Fact

- New Breed

Please try to put the song for me to check, i don't care if it's Japanese, Korean, Western, Or even Arabic, anythin would be fine.

Thanks before.

Oh i know Before My Life Fails and Her Name in Blood, and yeah i like 'em.

But the thing is, those bands above don't have trance or electronica feels in their music.

here you go :)

Fail Emotions

cdxrD23z8UY

Abandon All Ships

CDgbYF48UPw

Attack Attack!

OG-RNq7oRUM

Woe, Is Me

UhQUyeQf01Q

The Browning

Y1zw2MLFGIM&feature=relmfu