Champ213

Any old school bands?

Melt Away and electric moon light are amazing <3 Wasn't a big fan of their major stuff to be honest :(

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions, I forgot I asked about this haha! I will give it a shot.

After listening to Canary, I thought maybe Ayabie was one of those bands that all their popular/chart gaining songs was just typical boring pop fluff and their B-sides might be different from the fluff that is their bread and butter.

Bands similar in sound to Devo, don't care where they're from, esp. looking for stuff similar to their 2010 release

obvious answers would be things like Polysics, Kera & The Synthesizers, Uchoten and such, I'm already familiar with those ;>

edit:

And stuff similar to goatbed and XA-VAT please :D

Can anyone recommend similar bands to FACT? I don't care if their not Japanese, as long as the music is good.

Could someone recommend any similar bands to Rin Toshite Shigure? Japanese or non-japanese, doesn't matter. Also could you recommend songs/albums from recommended bands so that I have somewhere to start?

Well I don't know any that are COMPLETELY similar to them, been looking for something like this for ages myself, buuuut you might like the following

9mm parabellum bullet - Termination, maybe the album Vampire as well

Qomolongma Tomato - ??ョモ??僕??柵??中

0.8秒????撃。, but really only for their male/female vocals and the crazy music they've been doing on their latest two releases, try the エスノファンキードフトエフスキーカムカムクラブEP for example

SPARTA LOCALS - old stuff

THE UNIQUE STAR

c7m97hGU_5w

They only have 2 mini's out. I prefer their first one though

The short version: I'm looking for suggestions on what to play for a gothic/industrial/darkwave/EBM/cyber type crowd in a club. It should be dancable. If the song has a suitable video, so much the better.

The TL;DR version: My friend Sophie's (Phylosophie @ LJ) brother has been given the chance to basically take over iNation, which is, as mentioned a goth/industrial/etc. weekly club event (and the biggest one in the area) for a night in March as a "Geek Pride" celebration to cover all manner of things geek-like, including suck things as video games, anime, and Japanese music and culture. As her brother knows jack shit about Japanese music, he's pretty much dumped that off on her to handle. She and I have been trying to figure out what to pick and play and we're having a hard time with it from the fact that trying to cater to the individual tastes of 100+ (an average iNation attendance exclusive of special events) people is a pain in the ass and this crowd is quite vocal about what they do and do not like. Not to mention that of the three regular DJs, only one has had any association with Jrock/VK and that's been very limited (though she has expressed an interest in hearing more).

So I'm hoping that the good denizens of TW can help us come up with some suggestions on what to play. Since everything is still in the planning stages I don't know how much air time will be dedicated to j-stuff, but we can deal with that later. Artists AND specific songs would be really helpful. Most of all, thanks for any help! =D

Bumping because the night was switched to May 25th and I could really use some more suggestions aside from what lukrecia already posted. ^.^

hi,

i'm really curious about folkloric music from japan. i find it pretty enjoyable actually and am really interested in getting to know some artists you could introduce me.

so, could you provide me with some links to discographies or such?

thanks in advance

Check out Jero, also knowns as the first black enka singer. He's of African-American and Japanese descent. An amazing vocalist, and some damn good music. Looks like a hip hoper too, hah.

DSa_wpfHsbs

Beautiful voice, beautiful song and fucking attitude. Fuck yeah!

Also, I'd love to know some more amazing enka artists as well.

woow, that's nice. even though it's funny the fact he's black...

please nobody take it as an offense

Well I don't know any that are COMPLETELY similar to them, been looking for something like this for ages myself, buuuut you might like the following

9mm parabellum bullet - Termination, maybe the album Vampire as well

Qomolongma Tomato - ??ョモ??僕??柵??中

0.8秒????撃。, but really only for their male/female vocals and the crazy music they've been doing on their latest two releases, try the エスノファンキードフトエフスキーカムカムクラブEP for example

SPARTA LOCALS - old stuff

THE UNIQUE STAR

c7m97hGU_5w

They only have 2 mini's out. I prefer their first one though

Oh, sorry I forgot to check this thread again, so I will try these and thank you.

I'm looking for similar music to Guniw Tools' Niwlun album.

I love this magic and dreamy atmosphere of those not-so-electro songs like 傘????事??歓?? or 頭上??石

So do you know anything similar?

Check out Jero, also knowns as the first black enka singer. He's of African-American and Japanese descent. An amazing vocalist, and some damn good music. Looks like a hip hoper too, hah.

DSa_wpfHsbs

Beautiful voice, beautiful song and fucking attitude. Fuck yeah!

Also, I'd love to know some more amazing enka artists as well.

LOOOL his outfit, so enka-ish

btw did someone request good enka?

THE PRINCE OF ENKA DELIVERS:

EFvsFrUYWl0

Do the zunzunzun dance!

I'm looking for similar music to Guniw Tools' Niwlun album.

I love this magic and dreamy atmosphere of those not-so-electro songs like 傘????事??歓?? or 頭上??石

So do you know anything similar?

I'm still searching lol

Can someone recommend me a currently active indie post-rock or shoegaze band with good male vocals similar to Caroline Rocks, cabs, and cinema staff?

Yo folkz!

Can you recommend me something like this?

hrWgB3uRYAk

KgHgYpTbsSc

Doesn't matter if it's vk or not, I am hungering for dreamscapes :|

+ non-japanese band suggestions are accepted as well.

(p.s. plz don't suggest Luna Sea, Whitesnake or AC/DC)

Hello everyone,

First of all, I want you to check this. As you can see, it's pretty much empty. Why? Cause I removed all my music. I want you all to recommend me 5 artists that I should listen to, no matter what language or genre. I don't care, I want music.

I promise that I'll listen to all of the bands recommended to me. Hell, I'll even download the full discography (as far as I can find it), even if I wont like the artist, so I might be able to find a song that I do like.

Things already recommended to me can be found here.

Please, everyone?

Hoping you don't know these yet:

1. Plastic Tree

2. Red (American rock band)

3. FLOW

4. 12012

5. SID

Hoping you don't know these yet:

1. Plastic Tree

2. Red (American rock band)

3. FLOW

4. 12012

5. SID

Even if I did know them (which I do), I wont listen to them unless they're recommended. Thanks, I'll add them to the list! <3

Hello everyone,

First of all, I want you to check this. As you can see, it's pretty much empty. Why? Cause I removed all my music. I want you all to recommend me 5 artists that I should listen to, no matter what language or genre. I don't care, I want music.

I promise that I'll listen to all of the bands recommended to me. Hell, I'll even download the full discography (as far as I can find it), even if I wont like the artist, so I might be able to find a song that I do like.

Please, everyone?

Saosin

Clash

Core Of Soul

Honey L Days

Lacroix Despheres

Very random list but you like everything so why not be a bit random :D

Most of those I don't listen to as much anymore but liked at one point and I chose bands of different genre's. 1 is american alternative, one is Thai rock, one is Jpop with male vocals, one is Jpop with female vocals and one is a classical influence rock band. :P

Hello everyone,

Please, everyone?

1. GUNIW TOOLS

2. Nookicky

3. TOKYO HEROES

4. M

5. SEX-ANDROID

Hello everyone,

Please, everyone?

I see Tokyo Jihen but I don't see 1. 椎?林檎

2. 서태지

3. Pr?ta vētra

4. Gåte

5. Animal Alpha

Hello everyone,

Please, everyone?

01. Comets on Fire

02. 静寂

03. Okkyung Lee

04. Carissa's Wierd

05. イツロウ

If you have trouble finding any of that, let me know. I have mostly everything released by all of them.