Jump to content
Champ213

Any old school bands?

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, sume7 said:

I'm familiar with By:ARLANT but thanks again for JILUKA and your other recommendations. Btw I was looking up scarlet horizon and I found out they've been around since 2004, or are there more bands with that name? Also are they visual kei? Doesn't matter because I definitely like them, just wondering. 

i thought ScarletHorizon were fairly new?? they're visual kei but from Beijing, China

Edited by itsukoii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

i thought ScarletHorizon were fairly new?? they're visual kei but from Beijing, China

Yeah my bad I did some research and there was another  band with the same name. Btw I love them thanks for the recommendation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anybody know japanese deathcore?

i've already got bands such as Chain Disaster, ALL DISTURB, HONE  YOUR SENSE, Inception of Genocide, Mirrors, and Victim of Deception. bands like those would be great.

 

is the japanese deathcore scene really as small as i think it is or am i just really uninvolved.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Japanese deathcore scene is pretty small as far as I know. I've only really seen it growing in the last couple of years, but it seems like newer bands are starting to pop up. 

 

Transient is fairly new as far as I can tell...

Spoiler

 

 

ILLUMINATI are more of a death metal band but they're pretty rad so you might like them. 

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HOLY HELL THAT FIRST DUDE'S SQUEALS ARE SICK, thank you so much!! i'll have to keep up with that band. hopefully i can find some of their releases...

 

second one is good too, love me some death metal. i've got quite a bit already and these guys would fit right in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

HOLY HELL THAT FIRST DUDE'S SQUEALS ARE SICK, thank you so much!! i'll have to keep up with that band. hopefully i can find some of their releases...

 

second one is good too, love me some death metal. i've got quite a bit already and these guys would fit right in.

I'm also having a hard time tracking down Transient's first EP... they do sell it from their website but I haven't asked them if they ship internationally. lol However there are two free songs on their bandcamp page if you want to hit that up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, doombox said:

I'm also having a hard time tracking down Transient's first EP... they do sell it from their website but I haven't asked them if they ship internationally. lol However there are two free songs on their bandcamp page if you want to hit that up.

 

yeah, i was just looking at that :// damn. i really want that EP. 

 

but oh!! tysm! i'll certainly download these ASAP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2016 at 1:57 PM, itsukoii said:

anybody know japanese deathcore?

i've already got bands such as Chain Disaster, ALL DISTURB, HONE  YOUR SENSE, Inception of Genocide, Mirrors, and Victim of Deception. bands like those would be great.

 

is the japanese deathcore scene really as small as i think it is or am i just really uninvolved.....

 

Are these guys deathcore? I don't really know what constitutes as deathcore or not.

 

Death I Am

 

bilo'u

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you both for Death I Am !!! love their heavy sound :0 gonna get some of their stuff right away.

 

and @CAT5, while i'm familiar with bilo'u (i saw one of their mini-albums and decided to download it) i never thought to look into them further. thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2016 at 1:57 PM, itsukoii said:

anybody know japanese deathcore?

i've already got bands such as Chain Disaster, ALL DISTURB, HONE  YOUR SENSE, Inception of Genocide, Mirrors, and Victim of Deception. bands like those would be great.

 

is the japanese deathcore scene really as small as i think it is or am i just really uninvolved.....

 

I uploaded a band last week or something that is deathcore.

 

 

I think the entire ep is pretty solid. If you enjoy this song, check this thread:

 

Unfortunately what I uploaded is all this band released as far as I'm aware.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I got kind of a rather specific and strange request.

Extreme metal acts, particularly Nagoya and angura acts, will go as far as tuning to Drop B or A, or even eschewing traditional six-string guitars for seven or eight-string guitars, resulting in a thick, hollow and heavy tone similar to djent/mathcore acts.



-Visual kei Wikia

 

Anyone know bands that fit this description from either Nagoya Kei or Angura Kei? Including the extreme metal part? If so I'd love to here some I think this may be just what I'm looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ i can't make any suggestions, but that sounds pretty damn cool. i hope someone has an idea of some bands who follow that description because i'd love to hear it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

^ i can't make any suggestions, but that sounds pretty damn cool. i hope someone has an idea of some bands who follow that description because i'd love to hear it

Shit me too. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sume7 said:

Still no luck on my request someone please help me. :ill:

I wish I had something to recc for that. In fact I'm eager to see if anyone can come up with something but I'd be curious to hear it too. I only really know of one band doing low-end djenty stuff in vk currently but they aren't Nagoya or Angura. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doombox said:

I wish I had something to recc for that. In fact I'm eager to see if anyone can come up with something but I'd be curious to hear it too. I only really know of one band doing low-end djenty stuff in vk currently but they aren't Nagoya or Angura. 

lol Once again I agree. The real funny thing about this is I got that quote directly for the Visual kei Wikia. Maybe we should try to contact whoever wrote that. lol To bad they offered no examples. :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016. 11. 24. at 10:19 PM, sume7 said:

Anyone know bands that fit this description from either Nagoya Kei or Angura Kei? Including the extreme metal part? If so I'd love to here some I think this may be just what I'm looking for.

 

That was an interesting quote, haha. Never actually heard a Nagoya kei (let alone angura kei) band with so-called 'extreme metal' stylings. In any case, if I just expand the whole thing to the whole of vk, I can only think of FAR EAST DIZAIN and maybe My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND (maybe that new hurr-durr-deathcore vk band too? can't remember their name atm, they have a mini album called "PURGE"). But you prolly already know those. :<

Edited by Jigsaw9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ that hurr-durr-deathcore vk band is deviloof LOL and they unfortunately don't fit into the description sume7 posted

Edited by itsukoii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, itsukoii said:

^ that hurr-durr-deathcore vk band is deviloof LOL and they unfortunately don't fit into the description sume7 posted

I was going to say that but you said it first, thanks my thoughts exactly lol. Although I am now curious about  "FAR EAST DIZAIN" and "My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND." What do they sound like?

 

Edit: btw do are those bands  heavy on base like nagoya kei bands? I'm referring to the ones I mentioned above. And I have heard of deviloff but not the other two. lol

Edited by sume7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sume7 said:

I was going to say that but you said it first, thanks my thoughts exactly lol. Although I am now curious about  "FAR EAST DIZAIN" and "My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND." What do they sound like?

 

Edit: btw do are those bands  heavy on base like nagoya kei bands? I'm referring to the ones I mentioned above. And I have heard of deviloff but not the other two. lol

 

Hmmm they sound kinda like modern djenty metal, I mean as much as a vk band can sound like one (F.E.D. even more so). I don't remember heavy bass stuff, tho I'm not very familiar with all of their output either. :D Here are some random samples, hope they sound like the stuff you're searching for:

 

Spoiler

 

...most of MBHI's songs might not be ~as heavy~ tho, now that I skimmed through some stuff on YT, haha.

 

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2016 at 9:31 AM, filth_y said:

Anyone know any bands that create a "dark" atmoshere similiar to these bands:

  Reveal hidden contents

gemmik:

ルーシー:

I cant think of anything else other than some D'espairsRay songs.

 

 

i think l'eprica is a good examples of what you're looking for.

Spoiler

 

 

 

zodia are more heavy and less atmospheric, but i think this song of theirs might also fit into what you're looking for.

Spoiler

 

 

if anybody else knows more i would like to know as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...