Champ213

Any old school bands?

On 7/15/2016 at 7:48 PM, Atreides said:

Oooh, my bad lol.

Yes, please refrain from needlessly spamming video links when you're not addressing another member who asked for recommendations. Anything further will have to be removed too.

Thank you.

On 6/21/2016 at 10:44 PM, seurong said:

Recommend me some good utaites, fellow weebs.

I have only tried soraru, panaman, sekihan and shoose and have yet to try mafumafu, kradness and izu...

but so far i liked panaman and shoose the most

btw i'm fine with female ones too

preferably utaites that already have released albums because i never know how people get their covers off of mylist/nnd lol

seu, dear~ Sorry I didn't spot this sooner! I know I shared with you a few names I love, but not many male names.

Spoiler

Ryo-kun and Rib instantly come to mind. Both are popular enough, with albums out. I even listen to them both regularly. Try out some other songs from them if you're not feeling my personal picks!

Senka is my favourite male Utaite, and has been for the longest time now. He can even do falsetto! I did mention him to you in one of our statuses, but here's a video example in case you didn't check him out!

Mafumafu and Kradness are a lot of fun btw! Let me know if you're happy to receive any more~

oh jesus i feel bad for not noticing this thread before i bothered everyone with statuses LOL

as always, i'm looking for heavier stuff, messy stuff, harsh vocals, etc

if anyone could give me that nasty stuff i'd be v happy thx

*edit: nagoya + eroguro kei is a+ too

Edited by itsukoii

1 hour ago, itsukoii said:

oh jesus i feel bad for not noticing this thread before i bothered everyone with statuses LOL

as always, i'm looking for heavier stuff, messy stuff, harsh vocals, etc

if anyone could give me that nasty stuff i'd be v happy thx

*edit: nagoya + eroguro kei is a+ too

listen to sugar and you'll be cleansed of ur visualcore sins

12 hours ago, beni said:

seu, dear~ Sorry I didn't spot this sooner! I know I shared with you a few names I love, but not many male names.

Hide contents

Ryo-kun and Rib instantly come to mind. Both are popular enough, with albums out. I even listen to them both regularly. Try out some other songs from them if you're not feeling my personal picks!

Senka is my favourite male Utaite, and has been for the longest time now. He can even do falsetto! I did mention him to you in one of our statuses, but here's a video example in case you didn't check him out!

Mafumafu and Kradness are a lot of fun btw! Let me know if you're happy to receive any more~

thanks beni!!! i liked both of them, especially Ryo-kun(his voice is exactly what i've been wanting more of!!) i just saw on his website that he stopped being an utaite last year...why am i always late for everything?!?!

i'll always be accepting more recs!! i'm still slowly(very slowly) diving into more utaites and more of Panaman's stuff

On 21/7/2015 at 6:19 AM, diamondAss said:

anyway, i´m searching for something similar to The Seeker, Iceman and Kotani Kinya

and something more that´d be similar to T-Square

:3

You a fan DA Family"?
XD

Iceman is my favorite band. And I love all others as well.

Did a search and couldnt find a thread. what some more mostly rapping rock/metal songs? spoilers please. Giru has one or two, same for LM.C and that tokeyo. Also who has the best flow and bars? discussion is welcome too.

Edited by blackdoll

Spoiler

Not rap rock per-se, but one of the very few pure rap VK songs I know of. Pretty interesting stuff lol. The rest is rap rock kei though. Damn SEED and Disqloc bring me back a few years XD.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hope you like these! ^__^

Edited by robkun

that one Sister's No Future song should be /thread but anyway:

non-vk

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

vk examples:

Spoiler

(none of their other songs are like this though)

Spoiler

Edited by Tokage
changed the last song in the non-vk batch cuz i accidentally put the uzumaki one there twice lmao

xTRiPx comes to mind. they have a number of examples.

Spoiler

bis

Spoiler

ryou from baroque, kannivalism tends to have a rap-style in his singing too

Spoiler

(video kinda skips and speeds up)

Edited by plastic_rainbow

Some tracks by Radwimps might count too (ie. Oshakashama)

I can't say Kihiro got "bars" but he's been flying the rap-rock banner for quite some time.

Spoiler

Missile Girl Scoot

Spoiler

OZROSAURUS

Spoiler

Miyavi had that one album....

Spoiler

Does anyone else remember Quaff?

Spoiler

quaffgroup.png

thank you!

Ohh, and here's some plain Japanese rap rock.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Need to throw in a mention for SBK - especially since Dragon Ash and Missile Girl Scoot have already been brought up.

Shigeo gets goofy sometimes, and their music can be pretty hit or miss, but the sheer variety of styles they do makes it worth it IMO.

https://youtu.be/NMQpnPVn1v8?t=3m52s

POSSIBILITY are also fun, if you like pop rock:

Edited by violetchain

Any new Heavy VK bands? I'm familiar with Insanity Injection and Deviloof, but something like those two.

7 hours ago, sume7 said:

Any new Heavy VK bands? I'm familiar with Insanity Injection and Deviloof, but something like those two.

Deviloof are as heavy as it gets. but here are some nice (new? idk i think they're all relatively new but haven't really checked) bands that are somewhat heavy: 

(i have older heavy bands if you'd like that as well, just ask)

Spoiler

3 hours ago, itsukoii said:

Deviloof are as heavy as it gets. but here are some nice (new? idk i think they're all relatively new but haven't really checked) bands that are somewhat heavy: 

(i have older heavy bands if you'd like that as well, just ask)

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks. I've listened to most older heavy vk bands. Btw I just started listening to Fixer have you heard them? I hadn't heard any of the bands you suggested I'm gonna check them out. Do you know if their releases are easy to find for download? The bands you've suggested to me I mean.

Edited by sume7
mistake

24 minutes ago, sume7 said:

Thanks. I've listened to most older heavy vk bands. Btw I just started listening to Fixer have you heard them? I hadn't heard any of the bands you suggested I'm gonna check them out. Do you know if their releases are easy to find for download? The bands you've suggested to me I mean.

i have heard of them but don't have any of their releases myself. i've seen some of their pvs and that's about all (and i forget what they sound like tbh so maybe i'll check em out again)

and yep their releases are pretty much everywhere, especially here on MH

EDIT: check out JILUKA and By:ARLANT too (they're not brand new, i think they both came out in 2014 or 2015 but again i'm not sure and am too lazy to check but they're ballin so it doesn't matter)

Spoiler

Edited by itsukoii

13 hours ago, itsukoii said:

i have heard of them but don't have any of their releases myself. i've seen some of their pvs and that's about all (and i forget what they sound like tbh so maybe i'll check em out again)

and yep their releases are pretty much everywhere, especially here on MH

EDIT: check out JILUKA and By:ARLANT too (they're not brand new, i think they both came out in 2014 or 2015 but again i'm not sure and am too lazy to check but they're ballin so it doesn't matter)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm familiar with By:ARLANT but thanks again for JILUKA and your other recommendations. Btw I was looking up scarlet horizon and I found out they've been around since 2004, or are there more bands with that name? Also are they visual kei? Doesn't matter because I definitely like them, just wondering. 

Edited by sume7
change