Champ213

Any old school bands?

24 minutes ago, Talagand said:

Hey, I don't know if you like Power Metal like J-Rock in general, but I would recommend to add Galneryus, Concerto Moon, Gunbridge, GYZE, Kelly Simonz's Blind Faith, Liv Moon, maybe Onmyōza and Yousei Teikoku to your list. Not every single band is pure Visual Kei, but the music is really good and worth listen to ;)

I do! i have listened to Concerto Moon before but none of the others, thanks for the list i'll get to them :D

Try Arlequin, they're a good band from early on in this decade (2013 I believe) and they're still going strong so they're worth following! Also, their music is rock/metal but keeps it upbeat imo  :)

Edited by TheZigzagoon

3 hours ago, ghata said:

Thanks for the reply! Old school stuff mostly, I'm really behind on new stuff. Girugamesh, Dir en Grey, Malice Mizer, Gazette, Maximum the Hormone, Mucc, Gakt, Versailles

I also mostly listen to older stuff lol. So a lot of the bands here will be inactive (and one has a member who is no longer with us) but are nontheless a must-listen. 

For bands similar to Dir en Grey, The GazettE (assuming you like GazettE's old stuff), Mucc, and Girugamesh, I'd recommend - 

Kagerou - They were really close to Dir en Grey and Mucc and showed a lot of mutual influence on eachother. Also a primary influence on the GazettE's early stuff.

Cuartet - Your typical early 2000's vkei band. The vocalist was in a band with Ruki, Uruha and Reita.

DEZERT - lots of influence from Mucc and Girugamesh

Caligari - Is responsible for Mucc, having signed them to their record label in their early years. They don't sound a lot like Mucc, but they're a must listen.

Kuroyuri to Kage - Lots of influence from Mucc and Dir en Grey. Also some Kagerou influence here and there. Their ex guitarist had a band with DEZERT's vocalist.

MERRY - Has some songs with Mucc and Kagerou influence. Has a lot of jazzy songs too, not unlike the GazettE 

12012 - Has some grade A Nu Metal like Mucc, Girugamesh, MTH and Diru did, except theirs had their own flare.

DiSPiNA - Lots of Mucc influence

La'Mule - Similar to early Dir en Grey

Kuroyume - Is responsible for early Dir en Grey

Grieva - pretty much copied early Dir en Grey but were still really good

Gill'e Cadith - random obscure band that pretty much a lot of indie bands in the early 2000's, most notably the gazette, tried to be like. 

Phantasmagoria - Really iconic band from Undercode productions. Bassist is basically that asshole that used to be in La:Sadie's and now is always getting his 40 something year old ass into trouble. 

For Versailles - 
D - Really good symphonic metal

ACE - had an actual violinist

Aiolin - Has an actual violinist, and is still active

And some random bands that I personally like that you should try - 

Guruguru Eigakan

Lamiel

ZIZ (Kozi from Malice Mizer's current band)

Gibkiy Gibkiy Gibkiy

Deathgaze

Zi:Kill

Kiryu

CrowXClass

On 4/13/2018 at 6:14 PM, AimiGen7 said:

I also mostly listen to older stuff lol. So a lot of the bands here will be inactive (and one has a member who is no longer with us) but are nontheless a must-listen. 

For bands similar to Dir en Grey, The GazettE (assuming you like GazettE's old stuff), Mucc, and Girugamesh, I'd recommend - 

Kagerou - They were really close to Dir en Grey and Mucc and showed a lot of mutual influence on eachother. Also a primary influence on the GazettE's early stuff.

Cuartet - Your typical early 2000's vkei band. The vocalist was in a band with Ruki, Uruha and Reita.

DEZERT - lots of influence from Mucc and Girugamesh

Caligari - Is responsible for Mucc, having signed them to their record label in their early years. They don't sound a lot like Mucc, but they're a must listen.

Kuroyuri to Kage - Lots of influence from Mucc and Dir en Grey. Also some Kagerou influence here and there. Their ex guitarist had a band with DEZERT's vocalist.

MERRY - Has some songs with Mucc and Kagerou influence. Has a lot of jazzy songs too, not unlike the GazettE 

12012 - Has some grade A Nu Metal like Mucc, Girugamesh, MTH and Diru did, except theirs had their own flare.

DiSPiNA - Lots of Mucc influence

La'Mule - Similar to early Dir en Grey

Kuroyume - Is responsible for early Dir en Grey

Grieva - pretty much copied early Dir en Grey but were still really good

Gill'e Cadith - random obscure band that pretty much a lot of indie bands in the early 2000's, most notably the gazette, tried to be like. 

Phantasmagoria - Really iconic band from Undercode productions. Bassist is basically that asshole that used to be in La:Sadie's and now is always getting his 40 something year old ass into trouble. 

For Versailles - 
D - Really good symphonic metal

ACE - had an actual violinist

Aiolin - Has an actual violinist, and is still active

And some random bands that I personally like that you should try - 

Guruguru Eigakan

Lamiel

ZIZ (Kozi from Malice Mizer's current band)

Gibkiy Gibkiy Gibkiy

Deathgaze

Zi:Kill

Kiryu

CrowXClass

Thank you so much for the recommendations! It's going to take some time to get through this list xD

5 hours ago, finnthesubhuman said:

Could anyone maybe hmu with the best debut mini albums released in the past 5 years?

I need to catch up :D

I can recommend a couple RED INVISIBLE by RAZOR(ex. Vocalist of BORN) and ESPADA by ORCALADE(ex. Vocalist of EAT YOU ALIVE). 

I only assumed you were talking about Visual kei bands since you said mini-album because that's a term only used in vk. If you'd like non-vk recommendations just let me know.

looking for bands/albums/songs/whatever which sounds similar to these.

-dum spiro spero (songs i liked - dream box,blossoming Beelzebub, diabolus)
-uroboros (vinushka,Bugaboo,Inconvenient Ideal)
-The Marrow of a Bone (every song of this album)

These are albums by metal band dir en grey.what i enjoy in them is the echoy dark atmospheric music with crystal clear melodious vocals,sometimes screaming,singing,growling or other weird noises. i enjoy variety in vocals.
thank you.

5 hours ago, FOSCOR70 said:

These are albums by metal band dir en grey.what i enjoy in them is the echoy dark atmospheric music with crystal clear melodious vocals,sometimes screaming,singing,growling or other weird noises. i enjoy variety in vocals.
thank you.

Do you care if it's Japanese or not? I would recommend:

An Autumn For Crippled Children (depressive black metal, black metal, atmospheric black metal, doom metal, blackgaze, post-black metal)

Gnaw Their Tongues (noise, black metal, drone, experimental, industrial, dark ambient)

And Boris is a good Japanese one (drone, stoner rock, sludge, experimental, doom metal, noise rock, Psychedelic rock)

Dum Spiro Spero just so happens to be my favorite DIR EN GREY album. There are actually many more bands I could recommend but the 3 I mentioned above are good starting point that should lead you to discover similar bands. If you need anymore recommendations of this sort though let me know I have many. 

And you know what I'll also give you another Japanese band Envy (screamo, post-rock, post-hardcore, hardcore)

Edited by Mamo

On 6/27/2018 at 7:13 PM, Mamo said:

An Autumn For Crippled Children (depressive black metal, black metal, atmospheric black metal, doom metal, blackgaze, post-black metal)

Gnaw Their Tongues (noise, black metal, drone, experimental, industrial, dark ambient)

And Boris is a good Japanese one (drone, stoner rock, sludge, experimental, doom metal, noise rock, Psychedelic rock)

Dum Spiro Spero just so happens to be my favorite DIR EN GREY album. There are actually many more bands I could recommend but the 3 I mentioned above are good starting point that should lead you to discover similar bands. If you need anymore recommendations of this sort though let me know I have many. 

And you know what I'll also give you another Japanese band Envy (screamo, post-rock, post-hardcore, hardcore)

thanks for the response though you seem to have overlooked my biggest criteria for recommendation 😜 my bad i didn't described it my post correctly.

lemme rephrase - i want the vocals to be very distinguishable from the instrumental sounds,even the harsh vocals.

for example take the song 'blossoming Beelzebub', in the start when the vocalist is singing his voice is just so damn clean and even his screams are distinguishable and does not get mixed with instrumentals.

like in start of the song when he hums 'mammaheee.....' and even later in the song....its all distinguishable,clear and clean.Thats the kind of music im looking for.And no i dont care whether japanese or not heck i dont even care about language.

On 6/27/2018 at 5:07 AM, FOSCOR70 said:

thank you.

It doesn't sound like DEG but try SWARRRM, japanese grindcore experimental band. 

Have been listening to some Silver Ash and (just discovered) Madmans Esprit, can anyone recommend some chinese or korean visual kei that's good? Apart from those two, I've heard Angel Heart (korea), Eve (korea) and Lilith (china) as well.

4 hours ago, paranoia said:

could you recommend me bands like goatbed or xa-vat? i'm searching for japanese new wave music 

Some good stuff:

SPEECIES (this is the main band of Sadie Pink Galaxy from XA-VAT)

Spoiler

THE HAKKIN (they're disbanded but they were amazing retro '80s stuff)

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Some good stuff:

SPEECIES (this is the main band of Sadie Pink Galaxy from XA-VAT)

Reveal hidden contents

THE HAKKIN (they're disbanded but they were amazing retro '80s stuff)

Reveal hidden contents

wow, THE HAKKIN is amazing!, thank you

On 7/19/2018 at 8:36 PM, Tanishi said:

Have been listening to some Silver Ash and (just discovered) Madmans Esprit, can anyone recommend some chinese or korean visual kei that's good? Apart from those two, I've heard Angel Heart (korea), Eve (korea) and Lilith (china) as well.

You can try Scarlet Horizon, a visual deathcore band from Beijing

Spoiler

On 7/19/2018 at 12:36 PM, Tanishi said:

Korean vk is almost non existent at this point, but next to Madmans Esprit two active bands are ms. isohp romatem and VOID

ms. isohp romatem - 트라우마

Spoiler

VOID - Neo Decadence Album Trailer (sorry, I looked but even though they play shows they don't seem to have full songs online...yet?)

Spoiler

I'm looking for any bands that are a little bit similar to Orcalade or Dexcore (old bands example would be meth/Maverick or Deathgaze, Since1899).

I also like weird vocalists similar to yumeleep (or old example-> ganeisha). If anyone has a recommendation, I'd be happy :) 

11 hours ago, DerKnecht said:

I'm looking for any bands that are a little bit similar to Orcalade or Dexcore (old bands example would be meth/Maverick or Deathgaze, Since1899).

I also like weird vocalists similar to yumeleep (or old example-> ganeisha). If anyone has a recommendation, I'd be happy :) 

I would try DARIAN MARIAN, DARRELL, GENGAH, Misanthropist, Screech in2 the Rain., THE ENDEMIC OAK (similar to meth. before disbanding), Vercia.
Weird vocalists i would try Ⅸ -NINE-, gezigezi, MUNIMUNI, Noulla, SAVAGE, モンストロ

looking for albums/bands/songs/whatever that sounds similar to 'the marrow of a bone' album  by dir en grey,thank you.

Edited by FOSCOR70

On 6/27/2018 at 6:58 PM, Mamo said:

hey can you recommend me more japanese bands/albums which sound similar to dum spiro spero or uroboros or the marrow of the bone? thx.

On 7/27/2018 at 9:01 AM, filth_y said:

I would try DARIAN MARIAN, DARRELL, GENGAH, Misanthropist, Screech in2 the Rain., THE ENDEMIC OAK (similar to meth. before disbanding), Vercia.
Weird vocalists i would try Ⅸ -NINE-, gezigezi, MUNIMUNI, Noulla, SAVAGE, モンストロ

thanks, I'll give them a listen :)