Sign in to follow this  
plastic_rainbow

envy new album "The Fallen Crimson"

Envy will release a new album titled "The Fallen Crimson" on February 5th, 2020 in Japan & Asia, and February 7th, 2020 worldwide. The album will contain all new songs from their new line-up and was recorded right after their EU tour in June. There are many options/bundles available for pre-order, including a CD or LP format and a bonus t-shirt. Check links below.

Tracklist:

1. Statement of freedom
2. Swaying leaves and scattering breath
3. A faint new world
4. Rhythm
5. Marginalized thread
6. HIKARI
7. Eternal memories and reincarnation
8. Fingerprint mark
9. Dawn and gaze
10. Memories and the limit
11. A step in the morning glow

http://envybandofficial.com/

https://pelagic-records.com/

https://www.temporaryresidence.com/

gonna side w/ @emmnyon this one. HYPE

(hope there wont be any christmas songs on this one :^))

so im really digging this and now i wanna hear more but i also see the band has been around for ages and idk if i can find time to do a deep dive in their entire discography atm. any standout/must listen releases you guys recommend?

4 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

so im really digging this and now i wanna hear more but i also see the band has been around for ages and idk if i can find time to do a deep dive in their entire discography atm. any standout/must listen releases you guys recommend?

You won't go wrong with anything up until 2007. Everything's great. The further back in their discography you go, the less post-rock and more screamo you'll get.

I always end up recommending From Here to Eternity, All the Footprints You've Ever Left and the Fear Expecting Ahead and Insomniac Doze as they're my three favourite Envy albums. Three pretty different albums that they showcases their early, more screamo oriented sound (From Here to Eternity), the transition album where they started incorporating more post-rock (All the Footprints...) and the album where they leaned more towards beautiful, atmospheric post-rock and soundscapes, but without completely leaving the screamo behind (Insomniac Doze). 

So it all comes down to if you want screamo Envy, post-rock Envy or a little of both. I prefer the first, but that's just me.

Edited by Bear

24 minutes ago, Bear said:

You won't go wrong with anything up until 2007. Everything's great. The further back in their discography you go, the less post-rock and more screamo you'll get.

is anything after 2007 bad or just not as good 

It's not awful, but it's kinda boring tbh.

Compiled Fragments 1997–2003 is also a must if you're a fan of screamo. Collects tracks off splits and a few other tracks. Only thing bad about the release it's that because it's Envy, you'll miss out of Yaphet Kotto's three amazing tracks of the split with Envy and This Machine Kills. Which is a totally killer split with three great bands. Yaphet Kotto completely stole the show on the split tho.

Sign in to follow this