TheZigzagoon

NIGHTMARE announce 20th anniversary live “GIANIZM” (possible return?)

8 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Sorry to bring this thread back up to the top, but I’m sure some are curious as to how the band will sound together at the 20th anniversary considering Yomi’s voice

Safe to say it’s not gonna be great judging by their little hearts performance (linked below). Yomi really needs to rethink what he’s doing to himself, his condition has 100% definitely worsened 

I'm... hoping they just stick to their solo projects at this point rather than releasing new music as Nightmare.

But it is sadly their cash cow, so unlikely, which is ironic considering they keep playing Quints. The only way this works out nicely is if Ruka and  Sakito actually tailor future songs to fit Yomi's current vocals (like madygrain previously stated). Take No Break seems just fine with him, so it is possible.  Speaking of TNB, it's a shame that this whole mess turned out this way just because Yomi wanted his own project despite Nightmare going on hiatus BECAUSE of him. It took him like four months after the hiatus until he made his own band... What a joke of a name and it really shows a lot about his character at this point. 

But's what's done is done, so I'll just hope this is just a set of gigs for some Anniversary money.

No futher plans announced and with this live they keep their word of being back for the anniversary. Not betting on a tour. Would love it (I gess?) but not counting on it

I think it's official return from what I read in the twitters' post !!

Will they ever be as good as their early era ? or the 💩 2012 onward ?

20th Anniversary NIGHTMARE PERSONAL BEST 

Details

20th Anniversary NIGHTMARE PERSONAL BEST 柩 Hitsugi Edition  
CD
1.パンドラ
2.ERRORs
3.ジャイアニズム碌
4.東京傷年
5.恍惚
6.ジャイアニズム叱
7.雪葬
8.まほら
9.輪廻
10.HATE
11.ジャイアニズム天
12.Quints
13.極東乱心天国
14.落羽
15.春夏秋冬

20th Anniversary NIGHTMARE PERSONAL BEST RUKA Edition
CD
1.Deus ex machina
2.swallowtail
3.ByeBye
4.the LAST SHOW
5.愛憎ロンド
6.Lost in Blue
7.Melt into blue sky.
8.love addict
9.Isolation
10.message
11.わすれな草 [refined]
12.Raven Loud Speeeaker
13.Dizzy
14.極東乱心天国
15.VERMILION.

20th Anniversary NIGHTMARE PERSONAL BEST Ni~ya Edition 
CD
1.BOYS BE SUSPICIOUS
2.Varuna
3.シアン
4.a:FANTASIA
5.the WORLD
6.雨と夜に墜ちて
7.時分ノ花
8.ジャイアニズム叱
9.NOTHING YOU LOSE
10.Lost in blue
11.Can you do it ?
12.MASQUERADE
13.mimic
14.Rem_
15.RAY OF LIGHT

20th Anniversary NIGHTMARE PERSONAL BEST 咲人 Sakito Edition  

CD
1.ASSaulter
2.muzzle, muzzle, muzzle
3.fragment
4.砂
5.叙情的に過ぎた時間と不確定な未来へのレクイエム
6.アルミナ
7.Star Spangled Breaker
8.ナヅキ
9.White Room
10.ジェネラル
11.Cynical Reactor
12.ドラスティカ
13. 邂逅カタルシス
14.Morpho
15.Awakening.

20th Anniversary NIGHTMARE PERSONAL BEST YOMI Edition
CD
1.dogma [refined]
2.livEVIL
3.Varuna
4.自傷
5.ジャイアニズム痛
6.ジャイアニズム死
7.ジャイアニズム誤
8.ジャイアニズム碌
9.ジャイアニズム叱
10.ジャイアニズム罰
11.ジャイアニズム究
12.茜
13.月の光、うつつの夢
14.RAY OF LIGHT
15.Star[K]night

http://artist-site.jp/nightmare/scontent/?artist_code=10000001&id=10003964&category=2&sub=0

isnt this 'personal best' stuff basically just 60% of their discography or what

I'm really curious if any of them actually picked those songs themselves, or their manager just threw some shit around

if they actually are personal it looks like Yomi isn't the cause of their past decade++ of decline

(I also lowkey stan hitsugi's selection, but I couldn't care less about the entire campaign at all tbh)

Edited by nekkichi

Well I’ll be buying all of these, Sakito has made the best selection imo! Yomi has just basically remade the gianizm cd with extras, but I suppose he is biased because he wrote the lyrics to the Gianizm songs 

Edited by TheZigzagoon

26 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I could just make these playlists myself right now. Why would I need to own these at all?

For me, I’m a huge Nightmare stan so I wanna own their entire discography best of’s and everything 

38 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

For me, I’m a huge Nightmare stan so I wanna own their entire discography best of’s and everything 

tbh we need more stans like u but I'm just really pissed off they're starting the revival cash-crab with something lacking any effort

if this was preceded by a single or a mini I maybe would've considered something off this list

38 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

tbh we need more stans like u but I'm just really pissed off they're starting the revival cash-crab with something lacking any effort

if this was preceded by a single or a mini I maybe would've considered something off this list

I agree that their efforts to big up this revival has been disappointing, we’re getting the release of the memorial box in a few days via littlehearts and then these best of’s...it’s not great atm

However, I am speculating that they’ll probably announce at least a single at their anniversary live and maybe that they’ll be releasing the anniversary live on DVD/Blu-Ray

EDIT: I think what would’ve been a good addition to the personal collections is if they threw some of their demo tracks from 2000/2001 on their just to give that 20th anniversary vibe

Edited by TheZigzagoon
Additional comments

If i want a best of I just have to listen the whole anima album, btw they never toped this one imo, it’s a perfect record from A to Z.

Iam still curious about their comeback.

Edited by Jeen

Not really expecting new material this year. I don't even know on what label they are now. They probably will take a lot of time to get their groove back since they have been doing very different stuff since they paused. Also, Yomi can simply sing just anything like he used to. 

37 minutes ago, madygrain said:

Not really expecting new material this year. I don't even know on what label they are now.

The best of CD’s are being released under ‘littleHearts.Music’ so I’m assuming that that could be their new label, no mention of Avex