TheZigzagoon

NIGHTMARE announce 20th anniversary live “GIANIZM” (possible return?)

NIGHTMARE have announced that they will hold their 20th anniversary live at Yokohama Arena on 2020.02.11

This is their first live as a band since their hiatus back in 2016!

Edited by TheZigzagoon

3 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Safe to say there's no more beefin?

Your favorite bands probably hate each other more than you think. 

DEG has the right idea. 

40 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Your favorite bands probably hate each other more than you think. 

DEG has the right idea. 

i usually end up hating my coworkers after a day, i dont blame any bandmen 

didn't Yomi completely fuck up his voice at some point?

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

didn't Yomi completely fuck up his voice at some point?

Yeah, and it still is, but I believe he is getting help for it. I believe he has a speech disorder called functional dysphonia which affects his vocal chords 

Never heard the members of this band were at odds outside of the reuglar tanuki "rumor" mill. Fact is Yomi had to slow down to recover. Even though thet fact that he has recovered anything is very debatable. Hopefully they return in full this year but seems unlikely. Sounds more like they're doing this to fulfill the promise of being back for their 20th as one-off thing.

38 minutes ago, madygrain said:

Never heard the members of this band were at odds outside of the reuglar tanuki "rumor" mill. Fact is Yomi had to slow down to recover. Even though thet fact that he has recovered anything is very debatable. Hopefully they return in full this year but seems unlikely. Sounds more like they're doing this to fulfill the promise of being back for their 20th as one-off thing.

"Slow down to recover" lul when he jumped into a new band almost immediately 

Ruka and Sakito were at the same event, they completely blanked each other, dudes ain't friends lol 

TNB activities are not as intense and frequent as Nightmare were and the style they went for is not as vocally demanding. 

Ruka and Sakito still thank Nightmare on LSN and JAKIGAN MEISTER CD credits, so it doesn't seem like there's too much beef.  TNB, Gremlins and Bull Field don't do that. 

On 10/15/2019 at 2:58 PM, TheZigzagoon said:

Yeah, and it still is, but I believe he is getting help for it. I believe he has a speech disorder called functional dysphonia which affects his vocal chords 

I hope someone got him a copy of Hayato's recent memoire/vocal recovery essay book describing dealing with an exactly same condition!

Edited by nekkichi

4 hours ago, nekkichi said:

I hope someone got him a copy of Hayato's recent memoire/vocal recovery essay book describing dealing with an exactly same condition!

Is he the vocalist from DuelJewel? If there’s an English translation of that I’d love to read it

9 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Is he the vocalist from DuelJewel? If there’s an English translation of that I’d love to read it

yep it came out this year lol (saw it on amazon during my recent cd binge)

I'm afraid we won't have it in english bc. the translation scene is p much dead in general and duel jewel were never big on fandom fucks given

Edited by nekkichi

I wonder if  Yomi can really recover from it, if TNB is any indication his performance got worse...  But he rarely forces his voice in that band so it's very hard to tell if he could be on his 2008 - 2011 level or stay at his 2015 level.  If Nightmare comes back in full they probably should change the arrangements to accommodate his limitations... That makes me feel uneasy. 

Sorry to bring this thread back up to the top, but I’m sure some are curious as to how the band will sound together at the 20th anniversary considering Yomi’s voice

Safe to say it’s not gonna be great judging by their little hearts performance (linked below). Yomi really needs to rethink what he’s doing to himself, his condition has 100% definitely worsened 

Songs:

1) Quints

2) Kyokutou Ranshin Tengoku