Kiyoharu is God

LUNA SEA new album titled "CROSS"

I find most of this album really pleasant to listen, it's relaxed, spaced out and coherent, but I don't get what the outside producer was really hired for.

still very disappointed in lack of truly standing out album tracks, anagram basically drives this entire release;

I missed their previous album though so idk if they're stagnating or getting worse with their revival material.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:46 AM, nekkichi said:

I find most of this album really pleasant to listen, it's relaxed, spaced out and coherent, but I don't get what the outside producer was really hired for.

still very disappointed in lack of truly standing out album tracks, anagram basically drives this entire release;

I missed their previous album though so idk if they're stagnating or getting worse with their revival material.

I asked myself the same thing after I listened to it for the first time.
Sugizo did a Q&A on twitter and a few fans asked that very question. I can't seem to find all of the posts but here's a few things he mentioned about Steve's contributions.

-Suggested the album track order.
-anagram's arrangement had the most influence by Steve
-Seijaku's narration
-Helped cut the composition for Philia (?) not to sure how this one translates. Does it imply Philia was another 8-9-10 minute song  a la Genesis of Mind/Forever and Ever/Virgin Mary?

It's a bit of a mess to go through but if you scan his teets from Dec 18th, you'll read alot of behind the scenes aspects of the songs via his answers. Sugizo also was asked how Lillywhite understood the message of the songs and SGZ mentioned that he explained / translated them. I guess it would make sense that he would know the most English since his daughter lived in California up until a few years ago.

Edited by carddass

I'm more excited for the fact that apparently they will upload some "rare videos" too, whatever that might entail...

その後、毎週金曜日にレアな映像のプレミア公開を実施。

At least I hope this is what this means, lol.