Shaolan974

ToshI new cover album "IM A SINGER VOL. 2" release

ToshI new cover album "IM A SINGER VOL. 2" will be released at 2019/12/04 (2 types)

[CD tracklist]

なごり雪 作詞・作曲:伊勢正三 [1974]

ボヘミアン・ラプソディ Written by Freddie Mercury [1975]

乾杯 作詞・作曲:長渕剛 [1980]

メモリー Written by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Trevor Nunn and T.S. Eliot 日本語詞:浅利慶太 [1981]

真夏の夜の夢 作詞・作曲:松任谷由実 [1993]

OH MY LITTLE GIRL 作詞・作曲:尾崎豊 [1994]

残酷な天使のテーゼ 作詞:及川眠子 作曲:佐藤英敏 [1995]

雪の華 作詞:Satomi 作曲:松本良喜 [2003]

Story 作詞:AI 作曲:2 SOUL for 2 SOUL MUSIC, Inc. [2005]

粉雪 作詞:藤巻亮太 [2005]

CRYSTAL MEMORIES [Fantasy on Ice Ver.] 作詞・作曲:Toshl [2017]

マスカレイド [Fantasy on Ice Ver.] 作詞・作曲:龍玄とし [2018]

3 hours ago, Shaolan974 said:

ボヘミアン・ラプソディ Written by Freddie Mercury [1975]

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

EDIT: I JUST LISTENED TO THIS PREVIEW AND REALIZED WHAT THIS SONG WAS

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

The video is unavailable... is Universal preventing us of the fruition of this beautiful piece of music or

Edited by IGM_Oficial

9 minutes ago, IGM_Oficial said:

The video is unavailable... is Universal preventing us of the fruition of this beautiful piece of music or

Unavailable in certain countries. I got the same thing but I went ahead & used a proxy.

4 hours ago, suji said:

Unavailable in certain countries. I got the same thing but I went ahead & used a proxy.

Yes, I used a VPN and managed to enjoy the wonderful electro beat

Edited by IGM_Oficial

I totally skipped the Evangelion craze when it first came out and only know this song from the overabundant usage in AMVs but I somehow don't mind Toshi's version. I only wish he would cover more proper rock songs that influenced him in his formative years. Bohemian Rhapsody is a start but where are songs from Iron Maiden, Loudness, Kiss and the likes!?

And considering Yo$hiki squandered the good-will, momentum and whatever respect the brand name 'X-Japan' had after coming back triumphantly, I think Toshi deserves to cash-in on his fanbase considering he was relatively broke after his time with Masaya and who knows how much of a cut he gets from X Japan tours.

After clicking on that teaser video, my youtube recommendations led me to this person who posted recordings from a livestream from one of Toshi's shows earlier this year:

Edited by carddass

21 hours ago, carddass said:

After clicking on that teaser video, my youtube recommendations led me to this person who posted recordings from a livestream from one of Toshi's shows earlier this year:

This doesn't sound that bad... to my ears, at least. :D His pronounciation is really good.

I think his voice works best when he's not trying to be a caricature of his former rock self which he plays up at these gigs.
His livestream of this song 'Time Machine' @4:00 is definitely better sounding than when he tries to name check his backing band before every solo:

Edited by carddass