Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Proposal: Trade Section for MH

Proposal for a trade section?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about hosting a trade section on Monochrome Heaven?

• I am in favor of this being open to everyone.
    • I am in favor of this being open to a select group of members.
    • I do not want a trade section on Monochrome Heaven.
    • I am in the middle.
    • I do not care.
  2. 2. If you care, where should trades be conducted?

• Download forum
    • New subforum under Download Forum
    • Over private messages only

Hi friends!

An idea was brought up in the chat by @ChaoticEnding about a trade section on MH. For the purpose of this topic, trading is essentially bartering and limited to Japanese music. (informal) trades can be thought of as trading that happens via private messages. (formal) trades would be to create a topic on the forum so that members can start trades publicly (and then of course trade the links privately). Right now there is no mod oversight for informal trades. We can discuss the expected amount of mod oversight for formal trading.

Essentially, it's whatever you have to offer versus what you have to give away. What do you guys think about this proposal? Here are some potential questions I brainstormed to get some discussion going.

• Do you think publicly trading for releases on MH is a good idea?
  • Do we need a new sub forum for this or will download forum be ok?
  • Will trading incentive good behaviors / bad behaviors? If both, does good outweigh the bad?
  • Would you engage in trading if it became more common on MH?
  • Would you trade visual kei? J-indie? Pop? Other?
  • Do you think this is good for the online international vk scene?
  • How would trading affect MH?
  • Should trading be open to all members? Special rank? Certain # of posts before you can trade?
  • What releases do you think are most likely to be traded?
  • What should the moderation team be expected to do if one person doesn't send the promised songs?

This would be really cool honestly, i feel like alot of people would find stuff way easier and both parties (in most cases) will be satisfied.

I saw the initial discussion and tbh I'm still not clear what the purpose of this would be?

Would it be limited only to the releases one owns, but doesn't want to share publicly? If yes, I'd absolutely be for some post cap, since it'd require some amount of trust I suppose. On the other hand I see potential for conflict and the word "elitism" thrown around~ Like, what if someone you don't want to trade with, for whatever reason, requests sth from you? 

4 hours ago, spockitty said:

Like, what if someone you don't want to trade with, for whatever reason, requests sth from you? 

Then let them know you don't wanna trade? I feel like people would find releases they need fast because of trading.  It should be for people who are serious about trading though.

Edited by Aferni

2 minutes ago, Aferni said:

Then let them know you don't wanna trade? 

And you don't think it'd eventually create bad blood between members? 

Tbh I've never participated in a music trade, and most of the music I want I can find by myself, so I don't see the appeal of this, sorry. 

7 minutes ago, spockitty said:

And you don't think it'd eventually create bad blood between members? 

Tbh I've never participated in a music trade, and most of the music I want I can find by myself, so I don't see the appeal of this, sorry. 

It depends on how you handle the situation. Imo the appeal is the turbo rarez/ Secret live/live  cd's ect ect

2 minutes ago, Aferni said:

Imo the appeal is the turbo rarez/ Secret live/live  cd's ect ect

I think so too yes, but personally I'd rather just share the release with a person if they asked, without expecting anything in return, except maybe a little gratitude ^.~ 

From my point of view a topic that leaves it open for people to trade is much more interesting than one that leaves it open for posting downloads. I believe that anyone who has something interesting and wants to put in exchange for something interesting is much more beneficial for both parties, because it will also force people to buy (this in the long run), even if it is just a CD.

The confidence of the exchanges will obviously be due to the relevance of the CDs offered, for example, I would never trade a CD that I paid a lot of money for a digital CD that is very cheap, I'm not saying I wouldn't, but only that I would have my preferences.

From my point of view this would make rare materials more acessiful and could benefit people who collect and live to buy expensive things as well as artists and  fans in general.

8 hours ago, spockitty said:

On the other hand I see potential for conflict and the word "elitism" thrown around

There's already a shitload of elitism on this forum lol

3 hours ago, spockitty said:

I think so too yes, but personally I'd rather just share the release with a person if they asked, without expecting anything in return, except maybe a little gratitude ^.~ 

A trade ensures that person won't share it freely either. If I have a rarez I'm not posting because of reasons, I'd need some guarantee that whoever I'm sharing it with doesn't want to release it to the world either.

1 minute ago, Komorebi said:

There's already a shitload of elitism on this forum lol

Which is why I don't think we need to make the situation any worse? 

2 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

A trade ensures that person won't share it freely either. If I have a rarez I'm not posting because of reasons, I'd need some guarantee that whoever I'm sharing it with doesn't want to release it to the world either.

That's why I was for some post/reputation or whatever cap if it's going to work at all. Or are you suggesting that the fact that a person would have to share something rare in return, would somehow guarantee that they won't share your release with the world? 

4 minutes ago, spockitty said:

Or are you suggesting that the fact that a person would have to share something rare in return, would somehow guarantee that they won't share your release with the world? 

As ChaoticEnding said, I wouldn't trade a special release for which I paid a lot of money for a $1 release from iTunes I could have bought in the first place if I cared that much.

I agree naaaaani said Last.fm Is the best for saving Rare album.Aabout trade we not the officle even it sounds cool ,I Just care about visuall rock band even I cant get anything or entity CD

Edited by Real

I would bound, but only if people jeep their promise to not share it or trade it with others.

otherwise musicale just could shared in public...

but if

this 100%

Certain # of posts before you can trade?

I would say someone needs to be at least yellow