Sign in to follow this  
sads123

cali≠gari new mini-album〝ある職業病への見解と、それに伴う不条理な事象とか〟

The normal version (2700 yen) will be sold on 2019.12.11 at all music stores and the special edition (4500 yen) will be only be sold at the upcoming concerts.

Both versions will contain 5 new songs (1st disc) and digital versions of the same 5 songs (2nd disc)

The special edition will have studio live recording of the songs plus special packaging. It MIGHT also include 'Hernia', the song that came with the 3000yen pamphlet (that I now regret buying) in Jun  T-T 

another release already?

i mean i'm not complaining but damn these guys are really on a roll lately

[regular edition CD tracklist]

01. ヘルニアⅠ

02. 晴天仕掛けのルサンチマン

03. ヘルニアⅡ

04. ヘルニアⅢ

05. 夢遊病

06. ヘルニアⅣ

is this gonna be another ''two actual new songs and the other tracks are just random bullshit'' episode?

On 11/2/2019 at 3:33 PM, Tokage said:

is this gonna be another ''two actual new songs and the other tracks are just random bullshit'' episode?

"ヘルニア" is a track that was previously sold with a tour pamphlet at their live in Jun 2019, as seen here:

https://www.kyakusitsu.com/content1/?no=f5FW3NFcCSF8sYC03PcuCy3

Its basically 3 minutes of shredding and screaming like "37564" that I never enjoyed. Anyway, I'm assuming I, II, II & IV are different versions of that song.

Curiously, the studio versions of the 6 songs, which are supposed to be an exclusive that can only be bought at concerts is now included in the normal versions that is sold island wide. And now the concert exclusive version is not mentioned in the latest update; maybe they scrapped the concert exclusive edition.

Edited by sads123
Added a link

16 hours ago, sads123 said:

"ヘルニア" is a track that was previously sold with a tour pamphlet at their live in Jun 2019. Its basically 3 minutes of shredding and screaming like "37564" that I never enjoyed. Anyway, I'm assuming I, II, II & IV are different versions of that song.

Curiously, the studio versions of the 6 songs, which are supposed to be an exclusive that can only be bought at concerts is now included in the normal versions that is sold island wide. And now the concert exclusive version is not mentioned in the latest update; maybe they scrapped the concert exclusive edition.

Kinda what I expected... In that case I'm hoping the different versions are at least somewhat substantially different from one another & they won't pull another みんなの発狂 cuz I couldn't really get into that one either

50 minutes ago, madygrain said:

What kind of sound should we expect from this? 

If I understood it correctly, they mentioned on the official blog/site that it's going to be a more melancholy sound (that won't "fit" with their major label stuff as they're self-releasing this as indies).

5 hours ago, Tokage said:

Kinda what I expected... In that case I'm hoping the different versions are at least somewhat substantially different from one another & they won't pull another みんなの発狂 cuz I couldn't really get into that one either

Well, they liked みんなの発狂 so much (then) that they released 20 different versions of it:

http://www.missitsu.com/disco/hakkyou.html

Yeah, and that 4 hour DVD that came with it is a compilation of only みんなの発狂 played om each & every show of  the entire "ツアー 憧憬、睡蓮と向日葵〟tour.

But at least it only costs 1000 yen! Not sure if the みんなの発狂 given out for concert attendees prior to the above release is different or not though:

https://item.mercari.com/jp/m29048847466/?_s=U2FsdGVkX1_1qX1eAf3e3lRtxZjZFU7RIbhHOxnBFjeEvsFVew7BP8x0hUQhOkVp-Zc9Thvx5PC_55xTBE63e5x9jrhyA_gqvw5x3mYMRC7cJjMi-HFMtvfjyzXzPkfX

Since the "ツアー 憧憬、睡蓮と向日葵〟tour, they never even played it once though.

Here's the link to news of  "ヘルニア" that was released with the pamphlet earlier:

Edited by sads123

10 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

If I understood it correctly, they mentioned on the official blog/site that it's going to be a more melancholy sound (that won't "fit" with their major label stuff as they're self-releasing this as indies).

Sounds up my alley!

Here are the samplessss

Actually the Hernia tracks sound pretty different from each other (unless they purposefully show different parts of each, lol)

So far this does a have more indies / weird vibe, I'm cautiously optimistic!

also me @ cover art:

tTc9cKQ.gif

Edited by Jigsaw9

To add to Jigsaw's update via cali gari's official website:

https://www.kyakusitsu.com/content1/?no=Nu6XcN67scV8SPsyC43SswS

34 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Here are the samplessss

Actually the Hernia tracks sound pretty different from each other (unless they purposefully show different parts of each, lol)

So far this does a have more indies / weird vibe, I'm cautiously optimistic!

also me @ cover art:

tTc9cKQ.gif

The normal version includes a M-card that allows you to download selected songs from the upcoming 「三角と工業」tour in future.

Here are the details of the live venue version:

2019年12月13日(金)よりライヴ会場にて販売開始

〝ある職業病への見解と、それに伴う不条理な事象とか〟【椎間盤】
品番:MSNA-128 価格: ¥4,500(税抜) 
品番:MSNA-128△ 価格: ¥4,500(税抜) ※ツアー「三角と工業」ver.パッケージ
商品形態:ディスク2枚組(CD1枚、CD-ROM1枚)

【収録内容】
Disc1:CD(10トラック収録)
Disc2:スマホ、オーディオプレーヤー等で聴く為に特化したマスタリングを施したCD-ROM (Disc1収録全曲+ボーナストラック3曲)

【収録曲】
01. ヘルニアⅠ
02. 晴天仕掛けのルサンチマン
03. ヘルニアの場面・村井研次郎
04. ヘルニアⅡ
05. ヘルニアの場面・桜井青
06. ヘルニアⅢ
07. 夢遊病
08. ヘルニアの場面・石井秀仁
09. ヘルニアⅣ
10. ヘルニアⅤ
※Disc2のみのボーナストラック
11.ヘルニアの場面・即興Ⅰ
12.ヘルニアの場面・即興Ⅱ
13.ヘルニアの場面・即興Ⅲ

Basically more songs on the 1st disc, and 3 more tracks on the 2nd disc (which includes tracks on Disc 1 but optimized for smartphones).

On 11/4/2019 at 11:50 AM, sads123 said:

"ヘルニア" is a track that was previously sold with a tour pamphlet at their live in Jun 2019, as seen here:

Its basically 3 minutes of shredding and screaming like "37564" that I never enjoyed. Anyway, I'm assuming I, II, II & IV are different versions of that song.

"ヘルニアⅠ" from the preview is the same song from the pamphlet but remixed. Yeah, so I'm still justified in buying the pamphlet!

ヘルニアⅠⅠ, ⅠⅠⅠ & ⅠV does not sound like any part of "ヘルニア" so its safe to assume they are entirely new songs.

Edited by sads123

Nice, thanks for the info, @sads123!

Also I just noticed that the version being sold at CDJapan has an extra CD-ROM that features the 6 tracks of the mini album but mastered differently (geared towards smartphone / portable music players). I'm kinda lost at this point what the differences are between the types, but if this is the one that's sold by CDJ then this is the one I'm gonna get. :D 

VERY much enjoying those samples - god if only they woulda released this as '14' lmao

5 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Nice, thanks for the info, @sads123!

Also I just noticed that the version being sold at CDJapan has an extra CD-ROM that features the 6 tracks of the mini album but mastered differently (geared towards smartphone / portable music players). I'm kinda lost at this point what the differences are between the types, but if this is the one that's sold by CDJ then this is the one I'm gonna get. :D 

All 3 versions (public sales version, 「三角と工業」version, live venue version) has 2 CDs so the version you saw on the website (public sales version aka 【頚椎盤】)  is correct.

Only difference between 「三角と工業」version &  live venue version is the album art.

@Jigsaw9, I'm curious if you can use the M-card to download the live songs from outside Japan though; let us know!

Edited by sads123

3 minutes ago, sads123 said:

I'm curious if you can use the M-card to download the live songs from outside Japan though; let us know!

Never dealt with M-cards before, but I'll let you know for sure! :) 

9 hours ago, sads123 said:

@Jigsaw9, I'm curious if you can use the M-card to download the live songs from outside Japan though; let us know!

I bought one for a heidi. live dist. single once; basically the code takes you to a unique URL to DL your songs, and may include some video or additional content as well. I'm in Canada and had no problem DLing the music.

PS. Samples sound great! 20+ years and never afraid to experiment!

On 11/4/2019 at 6:03 PM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I'm still looking forward to hearing 0 one day smh

It seems like here's Cali Gari fans are still alive.

I have for sale limited / concert editions of following albums:

- 4 (that jazz arrange's album)

- オヤスミナサイ (the latest album with this title released, very rare, by the moment I can pass the MP3 live disc).

- オヤスミナサイ -22年前の僕へ...篇- (this is a bonus disc given to some buyers of the previous disc, includes new versions of "Maguro", "Shitasaki San Pun Size", "Seishun Kyousoukyoku" & "Oyasuminasai").

- And... many others collection things, like event albums/singles of artists like Kenshi Yonezu, Hatano Hirofumi (People In The Box's singer), Araiyakashiko (Nashimoto Ui's band), etc...

I tried to sell this on VK, but no one show interest, so... I'll answer all doubts you have.

Note: I only sell rare albums that are difficult to obtain, and one copy for only one person

And about this mini album, it's sounds interesting for me.

I'll try to obtain the complete version, and I'm considering to buy "Ame Ni Utarete (Yuudachi-Ban)" too.

For those who bought the normal version of the CD, here are the download available (on 20th Jan) for the M card provided:

【収録曲】※全6曲収録
・ヘルニア Ⅲ ~20191223@Veats shibuya_Live
・夢遊病 ~20191223@Veats shibuya_Live
・ヘルニア Ⅱ ~20191223@Veats shibuya_Live
・ヘルニア Ⅳ ~20191223@Veats shibuya_Live
・ヘルニア Ⅰ ~20191223@Veats shibuya_Live
・晴天仕掛けのルサンチマン ~20191223@Veats shibuya_Live
・クソバカゴミゲロ ~20191223@Veats shibuya_Live

https://www.kyakusitsu.com/msp/content1/?&no=YUfPCnF9SCfXC23dSrc5Ce3

What a great bonus! @Jigsaw9

Edited by sads123

Sign in to follow this