nick

DEZERT new album "black hole" release

DEZERT will release a new album titled "black hole" on 2019.11.27.

バケモノ (bakemono) has been released digitally as of 2019.10.02.

Tracklist:

1 Dark In Black Hole
2 バケモノ
3 Thirsty?
4 みぎて
5 白痴
6 Call of Rescue
7 半透明を食べる。
8 御法度
9 神経と重力
10 天使の前頭葉
11 ラプソディ・イン・マイ・ヘッド
12 感染少女
13 True Man
14 I'm sorry

Edited by nostalgia

that thing so actively cosplaying Kiyoharu with her moves, hair flips, and angles for this video is so hilarious coupled with the track that sounds like someone musically shitting themselves over and over again with the only intention of publicly rolling in their shit in a cyclic horse laxative downpour episode

Further deets:

The album comes in 2 types; the limited edition comes with a live DVD, live recording CD, and a 92 page photo booklet for 9,000 yen, and the regular edition is just the CD for 3,000 yen.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

On 10/2/2019 at 8:50 AM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Further deets:

The album comes in 2 types; the limited edition comes with a live DVD, live recording CD, and a 92 page photo booklet for 9,000 yen, and the regular edition is just the CD for 3,000 yen.

I must have all 92 pages. :D

That video might just be one of my favorite VK vids this year. The song is decent enough / nothing special, but the visual style is on point!

edit: yikes, those samples tho. 3 or 4 of them sounded pretty nice, the rest I'd rather forget. Oh well.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Judging by the preview, it sounds like we're in the same situation as TODAY, where the first track is awesome, the tracks we've already heard are good, and ¾ of the rest are a load of bleh.

I'm starting the album just for the hell of it, and Dark In Black Hole is more impressive than anything off TODAY.

Never listened to them but this one seems like Jpop to me, which depending on the mood its fine to listen to.

Judging by this thread they were not like this before so I guess I am going to listen to their previous works

If you're in the mood for pop music, you'll maybe enjoy this. If you liked TODAY, you'll like this too, maybe more. If you need heavy music, and/or cannot reconcile the fact that DEZERT aren't usually heavy anymore, stick with Dark In Black Hole, maybe 感染少女 and 神経と重力, but skip the rest.

Quick track-by-track:

Dark In Black Hole: epic compared to what's ahead; going on your best songs of the year playlist
バケモノ: slightly above meh; generic 2010s vk; key-change chorus doesn't help

Thirsty?: actually a fun song; not as lame as the preview suggests
みぎて: has a cool intro, sounds like it could get heavy, but it doesn't; still, not as lame as preview suggests [2]
白痴: nice guitar melody, not into the beat though
Call of Rescue: just good, fitting slow song
半透明を食べる。: interesting, kind of like 血液がない
御法度: not as good as the preview suggests, key-change-chorus; might be another song that grows on you (?)
神経と重力: really cool; serving the judges THE NOVEMBERS' 鉄の夢 vibes
天使の前頭葉: wonderful, beautiful, slow ballad that puts Stranger to shame; feels vaguely Christmas-y without being "seasonal"
Rhapsody In My Head: weird, but not always bad weird; it's a grower; jazz, key-change-end
感染少女: YaAAss sequel to 蛙とバット機関銃, wErQq
True Man: dying is your latest fashion in Japanese
I'm sorry: the pop intro from Filth in the beauty (minus the Engrish ladies); another example of "great guitar melody, bad beat"