God I hope I'm posting correctly. I'm terrible at introductions but here we go?
Hello! My name is Ash, I've been into vk since 2003 and I like too many bands lol. I've known about this forum for a while but never really thought about making an account till now, decided to take the plunge to see if I could make friends/talk about bands. Also I'm always looking for new bands to get into so fire away with recommendations! Nice to meet y'all!

Hey, welcome! Nice to meet you~ What are some of your favorite bands? :D Have you been into VK that whole time or did you have some out of the loop periods? Idk how familiar you are with more recent bands, but if you haven't checked them out yet definitely listen to DIMLIM. They made me remember how much I love VK when I got back into it not that long ago. Hope you enjoy your time here on MH

20 minutes ago, ambivalentideal said:

Hey, welcome! Nice to meet you~ What are some of your favorite bands? :D Have you been into VK that whole time or did you have some out of the loop periods? Idk how familiar you are with more recent bands, but if you haven't checked them out yet definitely listen to DIMLIM. They made me remember how much I love VK when I got back into it not that long ago. Hope you enjoy your time here on MH

Hello! I realized after posting I should've listed some oops. Some of my faves are kizu, xaa xaa, the piass, llll-Ligro- , develop one's faculties, buck tick, aicle, suicide ali, gulu gulu, siren, anti feminism off the top of my head ;;  I can't really think that I went out of it for a period? It's something that's stuck with me through the years.
I've heard of them, though I haven't gotten too deep with them yet. I like rijin a lot! Thanks~

Edited by KimochiWarui

10 minutes ago, KimochiWarui said:

Hello! I realized after posting I should've listed some oops. Some of my faves are kizu, xaa xaa, the piass, llll-Ligro- , develop one's faculties, buck tick, aicle, suicide ali, gulu gulu, siren, anti feminism off the top of my head ;;  I can't really think that I went out of it for a period? It's something that's stuck with me through the years.
I've heard of them, though I haven't gotten too deep with them yet. I like rijin a lot! Thanks~

It's ok! Nice choices, I can't help but notice aicle in there! I used to be a huge fan of aicle back in their heyday haha. Necronomicon is still such a bop~

Oh okay wow, that's really impressive. I started out in late 2006 but didn't get into it like crazy until summer 2007. I think I peaked in VK interest in about 2009 and it was still my main interest until about 2011, but after that I kind of waxed and waned for a bit. But honestly same, it's something that has stuck with me throughout the years regardless!

Nice! :D Check out their album CHEDOARA if you haven't, it's incredible.

2 minutes ago, ambivalentideal said:

It's ok! Nice choices, I can't help but notice aicle in there! I used to be a huge fan of aicle back in their heyday haha. Necronomicon is still such a bop~

Oh okay wow, that's really impressive. I started out in late 2006 but didn't get into it like crazy until summer 2007. I think I peaked in VK interest in about 2009 and it was still my main interest until about 2011, but after that I kind of waxed and waned for a bit. But honestly same, it's something that has stuck with me throughout the years regardless!

Nice! :D Check out their album CHEDOARA if you haven't, it's incredible.

It's always great hearing aicle has fans ;; Oh man that's a good one!! Shidoro modoro is my jam tbh. Do you like yeti? It's emiru's "new" band,they're about to release something in a few days but it's nice that he kept doing music. His voice is so unique!
Nothing wrong with taking a break/leaving for a bit! I was super into it but didn't know where to obtain things so it was mostly downloads/what coverage was available online or in anime mags until I was able to start going to lives. Was lucky that my local con got bands so I looked forward to seeing someone but that didn't start till 2009.
I'll definitely check it out, I appreciate the recommendation! I heard they lost members recently?

Hello hello, welcome! ゚*。(・∀・)゚*。 

I'm afraid I won't be able to recommend anything since I don't.... listen to any of the bands you listed? lol But just dive into the news section and you won't hurt for lack of new bands to listen to tho ^^/ 

10 hours ago, spockitty said:

Hello hello, welcome! ゚*。(・∀・)゚*。 

I'm afraid I won't be able to recommend anything since I don't.... listen to any of the bands you listed? lol But just dive into the news section and you won't hurt for lack of new bands to listen to tho ^^/ 

Hello!
It's okay! I'll take a look in there, thank you! (*ΦωΦ*)

On 9/15/2019 at 11:42 PM, KimochiWarui said:

It's always great hearing aicle has fans ;; Oh man that's a good one!! Shidoro modoro is my jam tbh. Do you like yeti? It's emiru's "new" band,they're about to release something in a few days but it's nice that he kept doing music. His voice is so unique!
Nothing wrong with taking a break/leaving for a bit! I was super into it but didn't know where to obtain things so it was mostly downloads/what coverage was available online or in anime mags until I was able to start going to lives. Was lucky that my local con got bands so I looked forward to seeing someone but that didn't start till 2009.
I'll definitely check it out, I appreciate the recommendation! I heard they lost members recently?

Right? I used to love aicle so much ;-; their songs are extremely nostalgic for me now. They were honestly underrated imo. I've only listened to Yeti a little bit, but from what I've heard I like it :') The recent song clip they uploaded sounds great! I agree, I'm glad to see he's still doing music and it sounds like he's improved a lot too. Agreed, I love his voice!

True, yeah. I started buying VK CDs in 2008 I think, but I was still pretty young so there was only so much I could get. Now I just have to hold myself back from spending too much :'D Oh that's awesome! What bands were you able to see? I was also lucky enough to live in a state with a lot of cons that were bringing some pretty good bands back during that boom of bringing VK bands to cons haha. 

Yeah, they lost their rhythm guitarist Ryuuya and bassist Taishi. Neither were core songwriters in the band (Taishi wrote 1 song and Ryuuya none afaik) so I'm not too worried about it affecting their sound. Although I'm not sure what they're going to do at their one-man coming up in a few days. I'm guessing they will have some support members playing with them. I'm hoping they'll be able to bring in some great new members soon.