Komorebi

JILUKA will release Best Album XANADU on 11.13

I wish we could get something more than just band members playing instruments and dramatically overacting in empty, abandoned places lol. That makes it two in a row after Elice in slow motion... I really miss that little bit of storytelling from, say, Omelas or Mephisto

15 minutes ago, Wakarimashita said:

I wish we could get something more than just band members playing instruments and dramatically overacting in empty, abandoned places lol. That makes it two in a row after Elice in slow motion... I really miss that little bit of storytelling from, say, Omelas or Mephisto

I was thinking the exact same thing. 

Just a heads up to everyone who is expecting br00tal stuff... keep waiting. 

Sena stated in a recent Barks interview that JILUKA will enter a third “stage”, so to speak, and this is the direction for said stage, with more emphasis on clean vocals.

41 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Just a heads up to everyone who is expecting br00tal stuff... keep waiting. 

Sena stated in a recent Barks interview that JILUKA will enter a third “stage”, so to speak, and this is the direction for said stage, with more emphasis on clean vocals.

I'm not against it. I've never found the point on making every song you release in a row full of breakdowns and screaming without any other musical feature from the million being out there. Like, yeah, I love songs like that, but having everything made by band being like that bores me very quickly. What is an artist without creativity, after all?

4 hours ago, Wakarimashita said:

Adding to this, I can't stand musicians in PVs posing in ways that obviously don't match their playing. I mean, I love dramatic overacting while playing (that's why I'm here, after all), but also love it complementing an outstanding playing over a cool line. When that doesn't happen, like here, I don't feel there's an actual musicianship, but rather a cosplayer trying to pull out an anime fantasy over a anicon stage instead of anything else.

9 minutes ago, saiko said:

I'm not against it. I've never found the point on making every song you release in a row full of breakdowns and screaming without any other musical feature from the million being out there. Like, yeah, I love songs like that, but having everything made by band being like that bores me very quickly. What is an artist without creativity, after all?

Adding to this, I can't stand musicians in PVs posing in ways that obviously don't match their playing. I mean, I love dramatic overacting while playing (that's why I'm here, after all), but also love it complementing an outstanding playing over a cool line. When that doesn't happen, like here, I don't feel there's an actual musicianship, but rather a cosplayer trying to pull out an anime fantasy over a anicon stage instead of anything else.

I agree with all you said in both parts of your reply! I don't mind them going into a "lighter" direction, as long as it's JILUKA. I'd hate them to pull a DADAROMA if you know what I mean... :(

1 hour ago, Wakarimashita said:

I agree with all you said in both parts of your reply! I don't mind them going into a "lighter" direction, as long as it's JILUKA. I'd hate them to pull a DADAROMA if you know what I mean... :(

Well, they already pulled a DADAROMA with the MV location :D

But I'm more than down with lighter songs, again, since in the last couple years, the br00tal shit really ain't their forte.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:04 PM, Komorebi said:

[DVD] * First limited edition included

<5th anniversary special recording>
12. JILUKA MV-CHRONICLE
(Overview of all 11 MV works at once and special talk session)

Does anyone know what is up with that special talk session? 

I watched the DVD yesterday but except for the 11 PVs and one seperate "credits" section i couldn't find any talk session on the DVD itself... 

It even says something about that talk session on the top left corner when you are at the title screen so i really don't get it. ôÓ

Also the CD case says that running time of the DVD is 55 minutes which seems quite fitting for "just" the 11 PVs.

So would be nice if anyone can clarify what's about with that talk session thing....

45 minutes ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

Does anyone know what is up with that special talk session? 

I watched the DVD yesterday but except for the 11 PVs and one seperate "credits" section i couldn't find any talk session on the DVD itself... 

It even says something about that talk session on the top left corner when you are at the title screen so i really don't get it. ôÓ

Also the CD case says that running time of the DVD is 55 minutes which seems quite fitting for "just" the 11 PVs.

So would be nice if anyone can clarify what's about with that talk session thing....

Try to go into audio options. It is not in the menu, there should be an options key on your remote. Then, you can switch for the audio with commentary.