divetoblue

Goodnight, Good afternoon, Good morning.

Hello,

Just wanting to leave my introduction and hopefully greet some of you! 

First of all please feel welcome to talk to me anytime, I’m Jia. I’ll do my best to reply and we can talk about vkei, new releases and any other interests together.

As for me; I’ve been listening to vkei and various Japanese groups since around 2008, so a little over 11 years give or take! In actuality I started through my dad who casually would listen to X-Japan but I didn’t actively look for bands or music on my own until that 2008. My friend who already listened to groups like GazettE, Lolita23q and Malice Mizer and I would essentially just go around clicking on any recommendation on YouTube and go from there; naturally I found Dir en Grey, BLOOD, Buck-Tick, SID, ViViD and of course from my username you can tell my deep love of L’arc en ciel also so i’ll leave it at that as I assume you’ll get the point from those groups. 

Unfortunately, i’ll have to say that I’ve not been the most active in social media since the past few years back so I only really kept up with bands and vkei through directly listening, buying albums and keeping an eye out for concerts and lives, from the fact I live in London it’s not too uncommon for bands to have came here so I feel I’ve been very lucky for that although of course there’s still plenty of artists i’d love to see, be it here or it’ll have to be on my own travel. As for more recent active groups from Dadaroma, ACME, Dexcore, D=OUT, Dimlim and SHIN. I’m also anticipating the upcoming Ashmaze. Whilst my personal taste often leans more towards a heavier sound i’m always open to all kinds of sounds and flavours.  Finding monochrome-heaven for me means I can be much more informed and active in the community and hopefully it’ll mean I am able to support more artists as well as find people who share my interests. I guess for me that’s my main goal here. Really I’d love to make more friends who enjoy vkei still, most of mine have moved onto various other interests as a focal point so talking about vkei and j-rock with people has become less common for me these days sadly, but like I said I’m glad I found this place because I feel hopefully I can talk with some nice people! So again please don’t feel shy to approach me. 

If you've read until now, thank you. 

Let’s get along! ♡ 

Welcome, good to see another UK dweller on here! You have some fine taste in music :) Nice work repping ViViD; you don't hear that name much nowadays!