Cristate

キズ(Kizu) new single 黒い雨 (Release 2019.10.29)

For those who didn't manage to watch it in time it was just one of those thumbnail thingies you see on YT where they warn people they will stream content live (in this case, their next PV) on a given date. Sorry, I can't really figure out better words to describe it lol

1 hour ago, Kirito said:

it's not because it's soft that it's bad.. it's just a very basic song, they can do much better

Yeah, it didn't really grab me either, which is making me even more skeptical about whether I should pay the dumb prices they want for each version. Hoping for a trailer that shows samples of all the other songs which I can make my decision on.

13 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Yeah, it didn't really grab me either, which is making me even more skeptical about whether I should pay the dumb prices they want for each version. Hoping for a trailer that shows samples of all the other songs which I can make my decision on.

They posted the trailer with samples already, you can find it on their youtube page. Day by day is pretty meh but first few songs on the album seem to be much better

edit: ignore me, i was talking about dadaroma, for some reason i thought i opened dadaism#5 thread...

Edited by Kaile

7 minutes ago, Kaile said:

They posted the trailer with samples already, you can find it on their youtube page. Day by day is pretty meh but first few songs on the album seem to be much better

edit: ignore me, i was talking about dadaroma, for some reason i thought i opened dadaism#5 thread...

Haha funny you mention that as listening to the dadaism#5 samples right now. 😛

Their PVs are always pretty well-done, even when I'm not feeling the music at all (like in this particular case) but... not gonna lie, this one kinda feels  like some weird bootleg version of Ware, Arubeki Basho in the ''dudes crawling in mud'' parts

Edited by Tokage

5 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

The new MV will premiere on YT in 44 minutes btw.

edit: ok nevermind, I see it's already been mentioned.

Okay this is FUCKING AWESOME. Their music videos are absolutely the best on this scene.

It's very emotional and deep, i really love it

19 hours ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

I'm not the artsy type, so I don't really understand everything that's going on in the MV, but it looks pretty and I'm sure  I'm missing out on something meaningful. 

Basically,  lyrics are about how we (the japanese people, in the case) are living in peace and happy above the corpses of the people who died in the war in order to protect us. The title is "Black Rain" because a black rain fell after the atomic bomb explosion in Hiroshima

Knowing that is way easier to understand the MV :)

Edited by ricchubunny

The song gets a bit better after some listens, but I still feel like it's a tad longer than it needs to. I haven't seen the lyrics, but judging from what people are saying, it's kinda odd how the major key (?) music clashes against the subject matter of the song and the imagery displayed on the music video

59 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

The song gets a bit better after some listens, but I still feel like it's a tad longer than it needs to. I haven't seen the lyrics, but judging from what people are saying, it's kinda odd how the major key (?) music clashes against the subject matter of the song and the imagery displayed on the music video

The contrast is literally the point, lol.

20 hours ago, kuyashii said:

I haven't seen the lyrics, but judging from what people are saying, it's kinda odd how the major key (?) music clashes against the subject matter of the song and the imagery displayed on the music video

Because this:

On 10/28/2019 at 4:55 PM, ricchubunny said:

lyrics are about how we (the japanese people, in the case) are living in peace and happy

Guess it's sending positive vibes, celebrating how grateful the people of today are for what those people did. Still message aside, not really digging the song all that much and the prices of both version seem way too high for what they are so probably going to skip this release, which is a shame as I do really like Kizu. : ( 

I wonder if the mv on this release is the uncensored ver. of  0. Def would like to see it if they ever will release that.

26 minutes ago, Axius said:

I wonder if the mv on this release is the uncensored ver. of  0. Def would like to see it if they ever will release that.

Its live footage not music videos

btw the live portion of this release is fucking awesome, songs like stalker, heisei, and 0 are absolutely fucking killer live. the amount of energy this band brings for their concerts is nuts

hell even Tokyo was a fun song to see in this live dvd and thats probably the most bland song theyve release 

Edited by chipathy