Cristate

キズ(Kizu) new single 黒い雨 (Release 2019.10.29)

Been listening to this song a couple more times and tbh despite being the residential obnoxious ass kizu stan I'm not feeling this one too much. They usually leave these softer/poppier songs for a bside. Maybe this time around they're leaving their hype and energetic tracks for one of the b sides but we'll see.

Don’t mind the poppy edge, and the lyrics are a trip. I am here for it and can’t wait to hear the rest of the tracks.

8 minutes ago, frayed said:

Don’t mind the poppy edge, and the lyrics are a trip. I am here for it and can’t wait to hear the rest of the tracks.

Can you give a general gist of what the song is about?

41 minutes ago, saishuu said:

can't believe 2019 started with kizu and dimlim as the biggest hopes for the future of vk and now by the end of the year the only one we have left is raku x gaki, bless

I think that's pretty unfair for dimlim considering rijin and kidoairaku are still more solid releases than 90% of the scene. Who cares if Retsu hates vk or whatever lol

10 years ago we had steve dimlim, bob kizu and johnny sukekiyo

1 hour ago, saishuu said:

can't believe 2019 started with kizu and dimlim as the biggest hopes for the future of  vk and will end with dimlim being the hope for vk

Oh yeah for sure. Rijin solidified it for me. 

This new kizu is cute, I'm not angry.

1 hour ago, chipathy said:

I think that's pretty unfair for dimlim considering rijin and kidoairaku are still more solid releases than 90% of the scene. Who cares if Retsu hates vk or whatever lol

i wasn't being serious

2 hours ago, saishuu said:

can't believe 2019 started with kizu and dimlim as the biggest hopes for the future of vk and now by the end of the year the only one we have left is raku x gaki, bless

You are forgetting ☆chicboy ☆

Now seriously, while this clearly isn't the over-the-top world-into-flames edgy dramatic A-sides Kizu has accustomed us since their first single (and hell, if those aren't epic songs!), this actually is a nice song. I'd prefer to listen to it a couple of times more before giving a more detailed opinion, also I'd like to listen to the full single for it, but for a first listen it sounds actually pretty well arranged and executed (Lime's still delivering greatness with his voice). Overall, a very good job.

I finally listened to it and I don't have anything against it. Totally fits their MO as far as I'm concerned with the sound and the lyrics, and it wouldn't be uncharacteristic of them if it was coupled with a track that sounded like Steroid, and I'd be fine even if it wasn't. This band should have to consistently bored with ballads for three releases straight before I would've head ahead and said that something changed. To this day I think their only notoriously awful substandard moment was Tokyo. 

Composition is pretty standard anime ED fare and I couldn't care less about it, but there are other things that bother me more in the song, namely the autotune and those really cheap VST strings.

6 hours ago, Disposable said:

To this day I think their only notoriously awful substandard moment was Tokyo. 

I feel like that song alone ruined the hype for Heisei single for alot of people lol

10 minutes ago, chipathy said:

I feel like that song alone ruined the hype for Heisei single for alot of people lol

Might've actually been the moment when the tide turned for them on this board. Not that many people ended up being excited about the full single either thanks to the production and it's obvious that here there's a bias for the darker and heaver, and there was no way they could've kept surprising on that front after 0. 

Their discography up to now is a real strong body of work and that's obviously reflected in their popularity both abroad and domestically. I do think it's about time however when they're either going to go to new places with their sound, or burn out much of the people following them on MH. In Japan they're going to do great regardless. BP records band shit out the same single over and over and still keep selling.