psychonnect_rozen

Favorite Matina band?

Madeth gray'll is by far my favorite. Actually, except for them I can't really recall any other outstanding band, they all just kinda blend together for me (or I just haven't listened to them enough).

Vice†risk and Mëbius were cool too, I guess.

Edited by Jigsaw9

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Madeth gray'll is by far my favorite. Actually, except for them I can't really recall any other outstanding band, they all just kinda blend together for me (or I haven't listened to them enough).

Vice†risk and Mëbius were cool too, I guess.

Madeth gray'll usually comes to mind when people mention Matina. I like AZALEA and vellaDonna if were talking about the more unknown stuff 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

Never really liked Matina all that much, to be honest, although I used to enjoy Mist of Rouge and Lavender a good bit. Das:Vasser can be cool too.

On Matina-proper, my favourite band would probably be Mist of Rouge, with Madeth Gray'll and Vidoll in 2nd and 3rd place.

However, on Eternal, the Tokyo sublabel, my favourite bands are split between the GazettE and Kar'MariA. Although Yayoi's bands (Vice Risk and La'Miss Fairy) are a close second. Kilah is also a really good band. CHERRY is also an underrated band, although I've only been able to hear like 3 or 4 songs from them. I also guess Cuartet counts, if you count when they were called Koroshi. But only one release of theirs was on Eternal, and it was Eternal's last ever release.

Edited by Himeaimichu

Lots of nice stuff on Matina so it's not an easy pick, but I'd probably go with:
Madeth gray'll
MIRAGE (first period)
Sense of Shape
LAYBIAL
Distray
Lagna

Honorable mentions: AZALEA, オルゴール (Orgel), Lumi/Ere, Eze:quL, DAS:VASSER

Both periods of MIRAGE and Syndrome, La'miss fairy, Vice Risk and GARDEN. Madeth gray'll too but they're like at the bottom of the list, contrary to my username. I like the other bands I listed so much more, especially MIRAGE.

37 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

I forgot that the Gazette was even singed to Matina lol. It kinda surprised me when I found out 

I knew Matina because of them lol

I wasn't really a huge fan of Matina, I always prefered bands that were from Soleil and Tears Music/Enamel/Key Party more.

The bands from Matina that I did enjoyed a lot were Madeth Gray'll, Mist of Rouge, and Vidoll.

Edited by Ikki

Well this is convenient, I was just about to post a thread asking for Matina bands I might have overlooked. I'm surprised to see Mist of Rouge get so much attention, I always assumed they must be one Matina third-stringer band among many others for some reason so i'm gonna correct that mistake and give their stuff a try asap.

Also, are there any Syndrome releases you would consider mandatory listening? I'm already familiar with Sosei but I can't remember anything else leaving a strong impression on me otherwise.