Shaolan974

DIMLIM new album, "MISC." release

Well, I stand corrected. I was expecting a low-budget change in direction, but it's really a logical extension of the stuff they were doing with Rijin and VANITAS. I'm a bit ambivalent towards this as its sad to see the loss of the VK looks as they extend themselves towards a highly saturated math rock scene. But it's also pretty good. A change of band name would have served them well for this release.

I was not interested in DIMLIM until I heard "Rijin". That single moved me a lot. When I heard that two members were leaving, I feared for the band. Now, with this album, I am expectant. "What's up?" Come back with that feeling that Rijin left me, and that's very good. I will give an opinion when I hear it.

3 hours ago, GuancheVK said:

I have never asked for amazon japon .... well, I took a risk ... I hope not to regret

I’ve ordered from them several times and have no complaints. They’ve been a lot more reliable than CDJapan ever since they changed warehouses. 

I had a thought earlier about DIMLIM’s change in musical direction and it really got me wondering 

I’m assuming I’m right when I say that the large majority of DIMLIM’s fan base consists of metal fans, will this change in direction mean they will lose a huge chunk of their core audience? And should they worry that a loss of that audience will be a disadvantage for them if they can’t manage to build that fan base back up or increase the number of fans? That thought still makes me slightly worried for the band 

33 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I’ve ordered from them several times and have no complaints. They’ve been a lot more reliable than CDJapan ever since they changed warehouses. 

Shipping is definitely way cheaper from what I can tell already 

35 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

I’m assuming I’m right when I say that the large majority of DIMLIM’s fan base consists of metal fans, will this change in direction mean they will lose a huge chunk of their core audience?

If you read back Komorebi's reply, that's exactly what happened.

23 hours ago, Komorebi said:

They no longer partake in all the culture surrounding VK (marketing, livehouses, media they appear in, shops through which they distribute their music). They went full J-indie imo. They last few gya are about to quit if they didn’t already (gotta confirm that).

Edited by Wakarimashita

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the hillarious pinned comment the band put in the section of the video: 

"Let's think about the "ESSENCE"".

I want to take Retsu seriously, but they guy puts it challenging. I don't know if it's his awkward use of English, his insistence on the matter in every place of his social media,  or both.

Edited by saiko

5 hours ago, Saishu said:

Les he ordenado varias veces y no tengo quejas. Han sido mucho más confiables que CDJapan desde que cambiaron los almacenes. 

How long does it usually take? Which carrier will bring it home ?. I have no problems with cdjapan, I use fedex priority

I'm so confused...
I decided to check them due to MH's reaction on Chedoara. Best 2018 album, better than DEG's/Gazette's/Lynch's albums and stuff. And yeah, I was pleasantly shocked by their album, but mostly by how well they've incorporated heavy sound. And if we talk about Vanitas - even if it was very poppy, it also had brutal parts. 
But now I'm confused. Based on previews it is mostly math-wanking, which makes me fill empty. Second SE starts like typical chillwave. I don't think I'll be able to like the whole album of this kind of music.

Edited by EvilHippy

How long does it usually take? Which carrier will bring it home ?. I have no problems with cdjapan, I use fedex priority

I used amazon japan twice last year and both times it was delivered by dhl.

I believe Amazon JP also uses FedEx. I usually get my order in less than a week. 

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

The Japanese reviews on Twitter weren’t too bad, but apparently Tanuki already declared them dead. 

Can you post here some translated comments?

10 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Hell if I know how popular amazon japan is for buying physical CDs but MISC. is currently #11 on best sellers rn so idk that seems good

#6 now 👀👀👀

7 hours ago, Komorebi said:

The Japanese reviews on Twitter weren’t too bad, but apparently half of Tanuki already declared them dead. 

Just checked their thread and actually the reviews are 90% good? lol

What thread did you read? 

Edited by ricchubunny

5 minutes ago, ricchubunny said:

Just checked their thread and actually the reviews are 90% good? lol

What thread did you read? 

Absolutely fucking shocking xddddd