Shaolan974

DIMLIM new album, "MISC." release

15 hours ago, saishuu said:

also 'before it's too late' sounds like it'd fit right into gackt's discography tbh

I was legit just playing "what's up" on YT again, and a GACKT PV started playing immediately after. Mind you, I've not watching anything remotely Gackt related. YT knows! 🤣

Hmmmm Itt is all over the place but totally reminiscent of other J-rock artists so maybe it's their new thing. I do wonder if in there next live tours will they not play any of their other songs if they are trying to move passed their old selves and so forth. Rijin is one of my favorite songs by them but I have a few of those in their discography. But it's their choice and hopefully it does them well or that would be a disband and forming a new visual kei band right? But even at that point maybe some wouldn't take them back.... Being pissy about things in Asia are very much more severe then they are in other part of the world. Hoping for the best and as long as they are following their ACTUAL dreams then why not!

This is my take on this.

If dimlim doesn't want to be Vk no more then why present yourself as a vk band in the first place, affiliate yourself with VK members or had vk members who has had a history of bands. (Minus well disband and reform) I dont want to jump to conclusions yet but if this album is similar to the 1st album then thats fine you can . then they are making vk content while stating they are not a vk band anymore. 

For me, personally ill be judging them as a vk band until disbandment because of there previous affiliation of members and creation of previous content of said genera, that as sparked interest. 

As a side note, i love this preview reallllly amazing and hope for the best of this band in the future. Going into the album hope it turns out great dispite whatever conflict the band has with deciding there own genera of music to make it all good stuff here :) 

Well, it is going to take some time to accept that they are not heavy anymore. Their new song is really good tho, and musically interesting. Skipping through the previews of their album tracks it all kind of sounded the same, let‘s see what the full versions are feeling like. 

14 hours ago, Komorebi said:

It is still unprecedented since Retsu has stated they are no longer VK.

He did??

Well the video and the sound is still Visual Kei pretty much aff tho. 

If he doesn't want to be visual kei anymore...

Then he truly should change his whole image...

Also then what kind of gerne band is it, when it's not VK? o.o

Edited by BrenGun

17 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

He did??

What’s so VK about the video? Sho’s glasses? 

From Che Do A Ra I love first three songs (Grotesque, Malformation, ..Monokuruhi...Narite).
Based on this discussion, I shouldn't expect anything similar to those three songs?

I don't really understand why Retsu keeps saying that, cuz they still look/sound like a vk band to me. Yes, toned down and not into fan service etc., just like older bands often do.

Edited by xLIZ4

1 hour ago, BrenGun said:

He did??

I can’t believe it still needs to be said that visual kei IS NOT a music genre in 2020.

32 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I can’t believe it still needs to be said that visual kei IS NOT a music genre in 2020.

Eh, excuse me... "Looks" makes a band Visual KEI. 

And I still do think that many visual bands have a TYPICAL vkei sound even in 2020.. but I guess that's just me thinking that... so I guess I'm stupid aff.  

If the looks of DIMLIM isn't Visual Kei, then what the hell are they?

49 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Well, our passion for Dimlim made us go off-topic but...

Despite being a complex matter to approach, and also the fact that there isn't analysis available on the matter (at least in English), VK actually is a genre. There being a lot of variation and diversification both sonically and visually between bands of the scene doesn't necessarily conclude into VK bands don't having a LOT of things in common to make them part of a whole 'scene', in many levels (sound and visuals, but also other aspects related to production of the artists, their promotion, fans' rituals, etc., VK culture per se).

'Genre', 'movement', 'scene', call it the way you like. 'VK', as other things, exists by virtue of patterns of key elements that repeat all over their products no matter their differences between; in the end, that is what make their producers, bands themselves, us the fans, people inside and outside the scene, pick the term 'visual kei' to describe some music projects, and not 'glam rock', 'goth', 'punk' or 'metal' instead, in the way of deciding what music to listen according to our tastes.

Edited by saiko

11 minutes ago, saiko said:

Well, our passion for Dimlim made us go off-topic but...

Despite being a complex matter to approach, and also the fact that there isn't analysis available on the matter (at least in English), VK actually is a genre. There being a lot of variation and diversification both sonically and visually between bands of the scene doesn't necessarily conclude into VK bands don't having a LOT of things in common to make them part of a whole 'scene', in many levels (sound and visuals, but also other aspects related to production of the artists, their promotion, fans' rituals, etc., VK culture per se).

'Genre', 'movement', 'scene', call it the way you like. 'VK', as other things, exists by virtue of patterns of key elements that repeat all over their products no matter their differences between; in the end, that is what make their producers, bands themselves, us the fans, people inside and outside the scene, pick the term 'visual kei' to describe some music projects, and not 'glam rock', 'goth', 'punk' or 'metal' instead, in the way of deciding what music to listen according to our tastes.

As you so eloquently put it yourself, VK is not just a specific sound but rather a whole production Dimlim no longer has. 

1 hour ago, EvilHippy said:

From Che Do A Ra I love first three songs (Grotesque, Malformation, ..Monokuruhi...Narite).
Based on this discussion, I shouldn't expect anything similar to those three songs?

they still do some layered atmospheric electronic arrangements, but the pacing, agression and variety of their first album is gone.

"for the future" is the closest thing misc. has to first cheoadara tracks, and it's not that good.

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

I'm going through the samples again, and "to fool" (with the layered manic laughing track and sho's babby whispering etc that mainstream bands never throw in their music) is a good example of them still doing the most stereotypical vk sound - it's just not heavy.

Edited by nekkichi

13 hours ago, Paraph said:

i’d say they did something right to spark this controversy, so i do give them that. they got people talking. i hope for the best with the album. i wish they kept the vk style but i’m willing to see where they take things. preordered.

3koH1J1.jpg

damn you Retsu

17 hours ago, BrenGun said:

I also will react to this topic.

I've listened to more songs on their youtube.. and all their previous songs are just  bad, shit visual kei music.. not even amazing rock quality, just typical boring visual kei, with no heart with no feelings just.... no.

but the new song...

The beat, the melody, the kinda vocal sound...

It all mix nicely together as a perfect mix.... it really though your heart.

Truly 10/10 song.

And believe me it is. 

Lately I only listen to masterclass rock music. music who is played by bandguys who are longer in the music world as those young dudes. music of people who know what music is.  I follow lot's of "legend Japanese rock stars (which most of you never did hear off tho lol)"  

So because of that I became very picky of what GOOD music is. 

However, I call this song really a master piece. it's a perfect song, easy to like, it touch your heart.

vocal fits perfectly to the melody....

But by listening to their previous songs,, I kinda doubt their their album will only contain this masterclass songs. 

If they will release more music like this... then I surely will support them.

I'm looking for this kind of visual kei bands, who really put everything into music.

if you dislike this kind of sound,

well then. you really don't have a good taste for music. 

I am totally with you Bren, even if their earlier songs were so good, especially Aizou ni tsuki... (my favourite). First Dezert surprised me in changing their style, especially last year with Black Hole, and now Dimlim is following the same path and are doing it REALLY WELL. I don't get why people gets so pissed if a band experiments in a good manner, while there are acts that should stick to what they do best, because they do it BAD (see Initial'L, formerly Lycaon, or Mejibray's Tsuzuku and Koichi with their splendid shit-fest named 8P-SB). So I can't wait to hear what MISC will offer to my ears :-D

Just put my order in for the physical cd, not sure how long itll take since I've never used amazon but at least I got the digital version ready to go soon 

Edited by sleepy coffee