Shaolan974

DIMLIM new album, "MISC." release

I'm FUCKING digging this. Excellent mix of poppy J-rock and today's metal progressive sounds, while at the same time keeps delivering Dimlim's trademark sound.

Bonus points for Sho's look! The VK vibe's still there untouched!

Just now, TheZigzagoon said:

I mean it was okay just hoping DIMLIM haven’t completely ditched the CHE DO A RA sound 

Check the iTunes samples. It’s pretty much gone. “Rijin” was a peek into where they were headed, “Do” from Kidoairaku was the final clue. 

I dig the shuffle groove around the two minute mark though 

7 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

I mean it was okay just hoping DIMLIM haven’t completely ditched the CHE DO A RA sound 

it's there on maybe 2 songs (before it's too late sounds like that shitty heavy track from kidoiaraku, a bit more polished).

judging by the previews this might be the most redundant, the most bloated, the most self-aggrandizing piece of shit album this scene has sharted out in a long while,

Retsu's annoying social media BS really only adds insult to injury. there're really only like 3 good songs on the whole CD, and 6 variations of the same lighter new track draft they ended up recycling into a full-length.

The unpredictability of this band is what i fucking adore.

This new direction wont be for everyone of course and honestly im amazed this band is still going. They've lost 4 different members by now and dropping the vk aesthetic is a huge move. The band doesn't care about following formulas and this song really showcases that. 

They aren't afraid to try weird shit and even without screams you can really hear sho's voice give it all hes got. I wont lie i was hoping for a lil roar.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

And ofcourse Retsu's playing is nothing to scoff at hes really bringing out bunch of different techniques. Remember hes compensating for another guitarist. Hiroshi does a solid job; in final chorus he pops off with those crashes and i love that he didnt overly use them throughout the track.

The build up really makes the final chorus worth while. 

It's not for everyone i think everyone has the right to like it or hate it.

Edited by -NOVA-

This actually isn't half as shit as I expected it to be. Don't have itunes so haven't heard the samples which some of you guys have said raises some alarms, but I was hoping that this was the most commercial song on the album and there was going to be some of the classic DIMLIM sound we're used to in the other songs.... Guess that's out the window? lol.

6 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

This actually isn't half as shit as I expected it to be. Don't have itunes so haven't heard the samples which some of you guys have said raises some alarms, but I was hoping that this was the most commercial song on the album and there was going to be some of the classic DIMLIM sound we're used to in the other songs.... Guess that's out the window? lol.

there're 2 SEs, roughly two heavy tracks (or a mild track with some ocassional harsh vocals at least, song preview starts with a fading scream), literally everything else sounds like this one song re-arranged and re-structured

the audacity of ratsu claiming this is tHeIr BeSt RiLlEsT wErQ tO dAtE is like

AjI4JDz.gif

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sisssssstttttTTTTT????????

Edited by nekkichi

25 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

https://fnd.io/#/us/album/1495498241-misc-by-dimlim

Really loved the first third of the song. For me, Retsu can go as progressive as he wants. It even made me to listen to some Polyphia again. Sho is is nailing it as always. Felt that the song had space for him to go a bit harder. Looks like that it will be a common feeling while listening the DIMLIM 2.0, which I really like since Rijin is golden.

A little stretched and the seconds of autotune is always hard to digest, but without any doubt a solid song.

Hmm, difficult. I really dig the song as it is a logical continuation of Rijin. But I fear that the outcome of the album will be to stale and poppy. We‘ll see..

But I‘m defintely grateful that Retsu didn‘t throw some trip-emo-hop at us...

Edited by Demivee

i'd  much, MUCH rather take this noodly math rock stuff over deathcore any day of the week for sure, so from that POV i'm definitely not as disappointed with the samples as I could've been (plus I'm somewhat glad we didnt get any xXx_sadboigoth_xXx shit thrown at us, as unintentionally hilarious as that would've been).. At the same time, anyone who's ever listened to even a bit of non-vk j-indie probably knows this particular brand of pop math rock sound has already been done to death in that scene  to about the same extent the nu-VK scene's dredged the swamp of mediocre xxxcore-influenced sounds, so I can't really see this ending up being anything other than yet another album to add to the ''vaguely sounds like cinema staff/sokoninaru/the cabs/tricot'' pile based on the samples.

After listening to the previews, I’m not so worried about this album being a flop. ‘Do’ was my favourite track from Kidoairaku and I do like that these tracks follow a similar formula. However like I said earlier I wish there was still a hint of heaviness spread out here and there. Lament is probs gonna be my favourite track I can feel it, I don’t feel like ‘What’s up?’ should’ve been the song that got an MV