Shaolan974

DIMLIM new album, "MISC." release

On 1/12/2020 at 12:22 PM, Komorebi said:

The gig in Chile is going to be terrible, mark my words.

Well it seems like all their gigs are going to be terrible at the moment. Would probably help them if they you know..... Got themselves a complete lineup.

50 minutes ago, -NOVA- said:

Digital and Physical tracklist are the same.

Physical will be amazon exclusive 

This really doesn't give me any more faith in this album at all, looks like judging by these song titles it's heavily trying to appeal to a western audience (no surprises there) and looks more like it's going for that more mainstream/pop appeal. This is highly worrying. Retsu keeps going on saying this is the greatest album DIMLIM have made so far blahblahblah, but maybe, this is true only in his opinion and can almost hear the shitstorm already.

Until we hear samples i dont think its fair to make any assumptions just on the song titles. If the last release (live limited single) was an indicater of what they are trying to do im all in. Based on this teaser my guess is we are in for some weird shit. Im so here for that, they didn't get popular doing the same things every other metal band did. They tried weird shit from the beginning and have consistently delivered.  

24 minutes ago, -NOVA- said:

they didn't get popular doing the same things every other metal band did. They tried weird shit from the beginning and have consistently delivered.  

They didn’t get popular at all based on the current situation, but they also weren’t doing anything different or weird either. At least not to western ears

I like the band, but DIMLIM isn't doing anything special. And I mean special in the sense that they're one of a kind, not that they're mediocre. The music has been good. It's just that if they didn't exist you could get your fix with FIXER. Or NAZARE.  Or a bunch of other bands that don't sound that different.

22 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

when the boys have ever disappointed you since that drummer dude left?

When they made the conscious decision to remain a three piece after the guitarist and bassist left. 

I’m expecting more stripped down electronic based stuff now to accommodate playing live with only three dudes. 

I don't necessarily mind if they change their sound to something more akin to ONE OK ROCK or whatever, cuz I can appreciate some of that stuff, and I can live without all the boogeyman vocals and pig squeals. I just hope that they go hard and really knock this shit out of the park, whatever it is.

That said, the promotion for this album thus far has been utterly unappealing.

20 minutes ago, CAT5 said:

I don't necessarily mind if they change their sound to something more akin to ONE OK ROCK or whatever, cuz I can appreciate some of that stuff, and I can live without all the boogeyman vocals and pig squeals. I just hope that they go hard and really knock this shit out of the park, whatever it is.

That said, the promotion for this album thus far has been utterly unappealing.

The promotion amounts to an eighth baggie of weed being the album cover. I'm pretty sure it'll be loud and dank as fuck.

19 minutes ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

3000 yen for a digital album? Fuck me.

Where is this vinyl they teased?

I wonder what platform theyll be distributing it from since I've never seen that price for a digital release. Also I assume the vinyl thing is either not happening or later down the road considering the physical version doesnt have a release date yet