Shaolan974

DIMLIM new album, "MISC." release

7 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

This is kind of what I'm afraid of, I'm hoping they still draw in a crowd but I guess now it's just up to the fans to put their money where their mouth is

I’m seeing the same 12 people hyping this since Mexico was announced...Β 

19 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Chile’s gig is going to be in a crappy joint, with shitty audio quality and 40 people tops.

Can't say it'd be much different in EU.Β 

Someone just make a DIMLIM "world tour" thread at this point. I dont understand why they are announcing countries one at a timeΒ 

6 minutes ago, -NOVA- said:

Someone just make a DIMLIM "world tour" thread at this point. I dont understand why they are announcing countries one at a timeΒ 

I think what’s happening is they’ve had the announcement for the Mexico gig and are holding out for organisers in SA to invite them to their country whilst they’re close byΒ 

5 hours ago, -NOVA- said:

Probably because it's such a mickey mouse operation that they'll just keep taking them as they're offered with not much planning otherwise.Β 

Β 

I think they'd still draw a decent, not great not terrible, crowd in Germany, Paris and possibly Poland as well. I'm just curious what kind of price they're asking for this if no one in the EU went for this. DIMLIM can sleep in my place if anyone pays the flights and books the venue lol

Β 

Despite that one positive concert review that was posted here some time ago, I'm totally convinced ( with no proof of course ) that this is a total disaster and this is the worst album rollout strategy in visual kei history especially when you consider that the album probably isn't going to come out either.Β 

1 hour ago, Disposable said:

Despite that one positive concert review that was posted here some time ago, I'm totally convinced ( with no proof of course ) that this is a total disaster and this is the worst album rollout strategy in visual kei history especially when you consider that the album probably isn't going to come out either.Β 

Ah now I see clear. Their masterplan was to step away from VK so that they canβ€˜t be crowned for the worst rollout in VK history.Β πŸ˜‚

Really hope this album is good and they've worked out their live kinks, but damn, these guys are really bad at marketing (not trying to knock them, I love them, it's just the truth).

Β 

I guess there's a part of me that wishes they kept the VK thing going for selfish reasons (I legitimately think they had great looks and were kind of at the top of the scene in musical quality), but I think dropping it the way they did really only serves to hurt them even more from a marketing perspective. I get it, you wanna be "true to yourself," etc., but pulling away from that scene in conjunction with every other marketing misfire just seems really ill-conceived.

Β 

Not that I'm in any position to see them live again in any part of the near future (unless they decide to take this world tour business to the US), I think my opinion of them in their current state would dramatically improve if they'd just fill out their lineup. I think performing over backtracked bass and rhythm guitar is kind of "cheap" to say the least and if your international fans are willing to pay the big bucks to see you play some songs you should have enough self-respect to actually perform said songs the way they're meant to be performed.Β 

Β 

Who knows, I could very well eat my words in a few months, the album could be fantastic and they could really turn it out for these shows, but I really just want to see them at the top of their game for their sake and for the sake of the people who dig them.

Β 

And lastly, I still think if they stuck with their heavy sound (impressions making me worry they also dropped that) they would do some serious business just riding the djent/metalcore train in the west. They'd definitely fit in on a mixed bill of those bands in the west (hell, even some of the noodly post-hardcore bands like DGD and such). But that whole discussion in the "make visual kei great again" or whatever thread has made it clear that Japanese bands have no real desire to capitalize on band relationships or playing to their strengths with like-minded artists and just wanna be supported on a one-man bill, something that literally no other artists do on an international level outside of the tippy-top, long-standing hitmakers.

Edited by nomemorial

On 1/7/2020 at 4:43 PM, sleepy coffee said:

I wont pretend to know how long it takes to go from recording something to having it finally mastered and ready for an album but retsu was posting images from the studio of them recording as recent as like last week so idk is this thing even ready. I mean it could be old images or just a short process for all I know but still feels weird this album is just 3 weeks away

Bloody well isn't a short process I can tell you that! :P But they've been slogging away at this for ages so should be basically done by now, you'd have thought anyway.

7 hours ago, nomemorial said:

Β And lastly, I still think if they stuck with their heavy sound (impressions making me worry they also dropped that) they would do some serious business just riding the djent/metalcore train in the west.Β 

What worries me about that is someone on Retsu’s instagram Q&A asked what djent and progΒ bands does he listen to and he answered β€œI don’t listen to that music anymore” someone also asked what music does he listen to and he answered β€œChillhop”. Part of me thinks DIMLIM are about to head in a massive change in direction with this new album, and I don’t think many of us are gonna receive it well, that’s just my opinion, of courseΒ 

19 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Part of me thinks DIMLIM are about to head in a massive change in direction with this new album, and I don’t think many of us are gonna receive it well, that’s just my opinion, of courseΒ 

Even though Retsu is very convinced they are going to deliver their masterpiece ever. At least that's how his replies sounded to me.

Β 

I'm still in that "I so hope for an album I'll love but I expect the worst to not be disappointed". In the end I don't mind. If I won't like the album but they really want to change into whatever direction it may be they shall do. I just hope for them that there are enough people to like it. Even if it may be all new fans. I'd stick to what I love up to now and that's it.

1 hour ago, sleepy coffee said:

If kyo can do it....

Β 

1 hour ago, sleepy coffee said:

Sho shrieking and growling over a emorap (idk what these nerds call the shit nowadays)Β  beat

That’s true! I dunno I just can’t imagine it πŸ˜‚ and I believe they call it sad boi rap (or at least that’s what my friends who listen to that music call it)

28 minutes ago, -NOVA- said:

Im starting to think what ever retsu invisioned for this album probably didn't go so well with ryuya and taishi. This album could be another reason they left.Β 

Taishi left because of medical reasons as far as I remember and he himself stated that Dimlim would be his last band.

As for Ryuya - well, he stated that he felt like his skills were not good enough for Dimlim. But who knows.