Name : tool

Origin Los Angeles, California, U.S.

Genres : progressive metal

Years active : 1990–presenthttps://toolband.com/

Current members

Danny Carey – drums, percussion (1990–present)

Adam Jones – guitar (1990–present)

Maynard James Keenan – vocals (1990–present)

Justin Chancellor – bass (1995–present)

Tool is an American rock band from Los Angeles. Formed in 1990, the group's line-up includes drummer Danny Carey, guitarist Adam Jones, and vocalist Maynard James Keenan. Justin Chancellor has been the band's bassist since 1995, replacing their original bassist Paul D'Amour. Tool has won three Grammy Awards, performed worldwide tours, and produced albums topping the charts in several countries.

To date, the band has released four studio albums, one EP and one box set. They emerged with a heavy metal sound on their first studio album, Undertow (1993), and became a dominant act in the alternative metal movement with the release of their follow-up album Ænima in 1996. Their efforts to unify musical experimentation, visual arts, and a message of personal evolution continued with Lateralus (2001) and10,000 Days (2006), gaining critical acclaim and international commercial success. Their fifth studio album, Fear Inoculum, their first in thirteen years, will be released on August 30, 2019. Prior to its release, the band has sold over 13 million albums in the US alone.

Due to Tool's incorporation of visual arts and very long and complex releases, the band is generally described as a style-transcending act and part of progressive rock, psychedelic rock, and art rock. The relationship between the band and today's music industry is ambivalent, at times marked by censorship, and the band's insistence on privacy.

Their new album "Fear Inoculum" will be released at 2019/08/30, 13 years after their last album 10,000 Days

[tracklist]

- Physical version

1."Fear Inoculum"10:20

2."Pneuma"11:53

3."Invincible"12:44

4."Descending"13:37

5."Culling Voices"10:05

6."Chocolate Chip Trip"4:48

7."7empest"15:43

Total length:79:10

- Digital version

1."Fear Inoculum"10:20

2."Pneuma"11:53

3."Litanie contre la Peur"2:14

4."Invincible"12:44

5."Legion Inoculant"3:09

6."Descending"13:37

7."Culling Voices"10:05

8."Chocolate Chip Trip"4:48

9."7empest"15:43

10."Mockingbeat"2:05

Total length:86:38

The album consists of seven main tracks of music, and a run time just short of 80 minutes, the maximum runtime of CDs. The digital version of the album contains three short interlude tracks, stemming from Carey’s scrapped plan to have the album be entirely one long song. Jones and Carey described the songs as lengthy, but containing multiple movements within each track. The concept of seven is a recurring theme of the album both musically and conceptually; Chancellor and Jones wrote guitar riffs in unusual time signatures related to the number seven, while Keenan introduced ideas related to seven as well. Future music videos will also cover the theme. The album also explores the concept of growing "older and wiser". Keenan explained that the album covers the idea of "embracing where we are right now, acknowledging where we've come from and some of the things we've gone through." Keenan also advised that patience and multiple listens were required in understanding the album, comparing it to a slowly developing movie. Jones described it as very different from their prior album (10,000 Days).

What do you think about this new track ? Are you excited about the new album ? 

Edited by Shaolan974

wowowow, I didn't know they're releasing an album! kinda thought I'd never get to see it in my lifetime lol 

I loved 10,000 Days, and I'm 100% sure I'll love this one too, this band can do no wrong by me~ 

The song is fucking perfect, just makes you want to hit the lights, close your eyes and immerse yourself into the music completely. Even better on second listen. It's over 10 min and doesn't even feel long. Ahhh thank you for bringing this to my attention, you made my day ❤️ 

btw, when did they appear on Spotify??!! boy but did I sleep on this.....

9 hours ago, spockitty said:

wowowow, I didn't know they're releasing an album! kinda thought I'd never get to see it in my lifetime lol 

I loved 10,000 Days, and I'm 100% sure I'll love this one too, this band can do no wrong by me~ 

The song is fucking perfect, just makes you want to hit the lights, close your eyes and immerse yourself into the music completely. Even better on second listen. It's over 10 min and doesn't even feel long. Ahhh thank you for bringing this to my attention, you made my day ❤️ 

btw, when did they appear on Spotify??!! boy but did I sleep on this.....

few days ago, they uploaded their whole discography on Spotify, don't worry you are not that late ^_^ 

2 hours ago, Shaolan974 said:

few days ago, they uploaded their whole discography on Spotify, don't worry you are not that late ^_^ 

haha -5 points to my shame. honestly though, I'm really surprised they even did. I expected them to forever remain outside of the digital world. 

glad they decided to move with the times! ^^

What's everyone thoughts about the new album?

On 8/16/2019 at 9:08 PM, spockitty said:

It's over 10 min and doesn't even feel long.

It's funny because this is also how i felt about the title track but also about the whole album. It's as long as an album can get but it doesn't feel like it at all. 

Album's growing on me with every spin and I'm totally loving it.

It is a fantastic album. Happy they still delivers after 10+ years being gone.

Also, the CD packaging is cool af. It worth all $45 of it for me. I wish more bands doing what they did, instead of basic jewel case.