Sign in to follow this  
secret_no_03

30 Day Challenges

30 days is a long time to go without something you're either addicted to, accustomed to, or is just something you really like. I've been a fan of Matt D'Avella's videos this year where he's given up sugar for a 30 days, nothing but cold showers, meditating every day for 30 days, waking up at five am for 30 days, journaling every day for 30 days, giving up social media for 30 days and the latest one, no caffeine for 30 days. 

So, my questions are, have you ever challenged yourself to give up something for a month, if so what was it, would you give up something for a month, if so, what, and why and if not, why not? 

About two years ago, I told myself I wasn't gonna have any extra salt on my dinner if I could help it because overly salty/greasy food had been giving me chest pains. To this day, that rule actually just became a background part of my life and I have never - and I mean never - had extra salt on my dinner since then; no exceptions. I don't even recognise the difference and it really doesn't feel like two years.

I've done two exercise challenges this year. Both involve doing 100 reps of an exercise that targets a specific muscle group every day for a month. In January it was abs and more recently it was glutes. The ab one helped me gain a lot of core strength and I can keep up an exercise routine much more easily now. 

mostly I try challenges that make my life more healthy / make me loose weight but I always fail after a few days already due to lack of motivation, being exhausted from work or dealing with my illnesses ...

If anyone has ideas / experiences with those problems I'm open for suggestions that could make me pull through lol ...

Starting today I'm going to start three 30 day challenges, one, giving up soda for 30 days and, yes, go big or go home, giving up this place for 30 days. This'll be interesting to see if I can, I'm also tacking on baths no longer than 10 minutes as it's an overindulgence of mine and I end up spending thirty or forty minutes at a time. Wish me luck! 🤞

Welp, I'm back, and it was an interesting experience. The abstaining from this place lasted the entire time, but I truly struggled with the others, but I've cut back significantly on them and that's progress.

3 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

Welp, I'm back, and it was an interesting experience. The abstaining from this place lasted the entire time, but I truly struggled with the others, but I've cut back significantly on them and that's progress.

Good luck catching up :'D 

Also kudos for keeping your goals ^^

Sign in to follow this