FOSCOR70

Rich people in vk?

Who's the richest fuck in visual kei at this moment and in all of its history?

I guessing its either the x japan or L'Arc-en-Ciel members....though i dont really know.

what do you think?

And if theres a similar thread like this then link it or merge.

Edited by FOSCOR70

I agree. My mind instantly goes to X-Japan, Luna Sea, and  L'arc members. Maybe Buck Tick too? Especially the members who wrote songs for the band the most. Cos they get more money from those writing royalties than other members.  There was an article long time ago, of a magazine showing Hyde's L'arc apartment. Like, he actually owned the whole floor, wtf. But that is when he was still single. He probably have moved since he got married. Probably even bigger mansion.

Also, this is Yoshiki house. Not sure if he still live there but here you go

Considering his sizeable donation to kyoani, I'd say Yoshiki is one of the richest. Who needs a house that big? Any bigger and you need a bus to get to each room, damn. 

Good indicator is that the richer you are, the less you release and tour. With that said the list goes: X, Luna Sea and L'arc, Glay and other bands dads listen to. These days you can't make the same money as in the 90's and early 2000's but some bandmen still make due for even if they have to tour constantly to get it. Ruki and Kyo for example are most likely not poor and starving when they sell clothes and other shit on the side in addition to fronting the two biggest bands of the generation that are still actively touring, and a guy like Sena from Raido has so much expensive stuff according to IG that if it isn't his then at least his gya are rich. 

There’s a running gag in the sixth gun fandom that Kai is hella rich, cause he likes to buy high end stuff. Could say that about the others though lol

we probably don't/won't have credible teas on this.

out of current gen of artistés, I'm pretty sure there are at least several who got their foot in the music industry through VK but actually earn the $$$ composing for other talent agencies, or writing idk advertisement jingles and dorama openings under their real names, or work with mainstream high-end performers;

my guess would be on Hakuei (because he does those collabs more or less frequently and is open about it); maybe nightmare, or duel jewel members that you never see occupied with session bands that lesser known artists have to hustle with more or less all the time. miyavi did rakuten commercials, and at least used to be a good composer, so maybe he actually gets some extra money writing insipid acoustic jpop stems.

golden bomber are probably loaded compared to pretty much anyone else atm too.

1 hour ago, heresytrash said:

There’s a running gag in the sixth gun fandom that Kai is hella rich, cause he likes to buy high end stuff. Could say that about the others though lol

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he's from a wealthy family, or married into one. he's always used to be a few notches classier than everyone else in the gzt.

Edited by nekkichi

True, it’s important to consider that a handful of these guys may have come from money in the first place, and that’s what bankrolled their bands. Their parents want them to have fun while they’re young, then retire and start working their “real job”.

If you'd believe, a fair amount of bandmen go on to become traders. I was actually trying to find out what one in particular was doing these days because he hadn't been in any bands for a while and I wanted to see if he was doing anything solo, but he'd actually been a trader for a while so I'd guess he's probably quite rich if he's good at it. That can be a pretty lucrative business, after all. The website I found him on said quite a few former VK guys do that. I won't give out his name in case he'd rather it remained a lesser-known fact among fans but I just thought that was interesting.

I know that Yayoi ex. La'Miss Fairy inherited one of his record labels from his father, and produced a few idol groups. Hopefully someone who knows more about this can clear this up, but one could assume Yayoi came from some old money (Though he definitely seemed to have spent it all before starting up Rockstar Records lmao)