Neon

Last movie you saw.

Submarine

I have high hopes about Richard Ayoade and about his forthcoming films. Even though his first film could have been better, it was still a breath of fresh air, with a really good soundtrack, and the visual ideas are really brilliant sometimes - so looking forward to his next film.

^ I'll definitely check that out soon, heard some pretty positive stuff about it. :)

My last movie: Pig Hunt

Only watched it because of Les Claypool & his music so...yeaaah it wasn't that good, lol.

2 movies

Fist : iron sky - Finnish / american / germany movie

and We Need to Talk About Kevin - this movie is so distressing , you see that this movie not end well

You Are My Pet

I've waited to watch this movie for so long because it has my favorite Korean actor, Jang Keun Suk, in it. Some points are a bit boring but the movie overall is okay.

first

The Cabin in the Woods

like said above, a must if you like horror, amazing with some unexpected elements!

The Avengers

OMG! the best superhero movie ever! Every character gets enough time, its full of humor (really good humor) plus the final battle is so epic. ANd as finishing touch, wait for the CGI credits to end to see who the next Villians is gonna be, if youre into comics, you will go just as nuts as i did=p

AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME! and Robert Downey once again stole the show as Iron Man

I've heard many great things about The Avengers... it's probably mediocre at best (superhero films always are) but I guess I should give it a try. Maybe this one is better for a change.

Hate it though that the only cinema in the area that shows this film, shows it in 3D. Do not want! So The Pirate Bay it is.... once a decent version shows up. There has never been a better reason to skip the cinema and head straight to downloading.

Anyway... recently I've seen:

Murder, My Sweet (1944)

Classic example of a film that is too short for its content. After reading some explanations after watching it didn't turn out to be a very complex plot at all (however it's not the simplest one either), but it was VERY confusing when they threw names, motives, relations and a lot more information at you in very short dialogues... followed by even more information in another dialogue very quickly after. As a watcher, you're not even getting 2 seconds rest to put it all together. This would've been much better if it was 30 to 60 minutes longer. It's an interesting film though, just way too fast paced.

6/10

Gilda (1946)

Nearly perfect! Everything one could wish for in a good film is brilliantly put together in this one. Very entertaining, very intelligent. With memorable lines and actions, natural human emotions (love, jealousy), crime, complots, everything. There was one scene I would remove altogether though. It was kind of unnecessary and it... I wouldn't say "ruins"... but it takes a "surprise" away from the ending. You're given some subtle hints towards that certain plot twist already, and that would've been sufficient. But the filmmakers decided to hand it to you on a silver platter. Other than this, a perfect film.

9/10

The Avengers

Great entertaining fun! Captain America was a bit underused but wasn't as bad as Nick Fury missing out most of the action. Since he's the leader, I can understand.

Overall, 9/10. I'm gonna see it again tonight with buddies.

The Jacket

Monsters

Both were pretty nice. I expected the first one to be some kind of horror flick but it soon turned out to be a lot more interesting.

Sommersturm (summerstorm) German movie... I had to read the book in my school and watched the movie now...

never saw a movie which was so completly similar to its book ~

and also saw the avengers... I am not a fan of superheros and I don't give a fuck about them...

was still a pretty neat movie... but also hate the 3D shit XD ~

but yeah... its a good movie... can't say anything about it ^^

"The Intouchables" I always wanted to watch this movie so last time I watched it! :) It is an amazing movie. Sad, moving, lovely and often funny.

Ichi the Killer

I was real confused through most of it but overall I really enjoyed watching it, the story and the two main characters (Kakihara and Ichi) were absolutely brilliant although some of the more gorey scenes had me in fits of laughter, whether intentional or not I do not know. I recommend it if you enjoy gorey Japanese action/yakuza films filled with insane characters.

Dark Shadows

im generally not a fan of Tim Burton, so i went to the movie thinking it would be utter shit again. And well...its was not utter shit, just shit=p Depp is playing pretty cool and at the start i actually thought the movie was gonna be okay. The house he lives in has a real creepy atmosphere (it really reminded me of the Haunted Mansion in Disney) and he started ripping apart some construction workers what was pretty cool and the villian is hot as hell=p

but then the flaws start, the jokes are really easy and seem to be more aimed at children, a vampire from 1700 coming in the 1970's could be really fun with the whole technology shock he will go trough, but it just doesnt work. Furthermore the whole girl he loves thing is done so bad. you barely see that girl, just at the beginning when she is brought in as a major character and at the end, with a really quick ending with is just not statisfying at all! then there just seem to happen so many random things, especially with the daughter of the family he comes into, what were they thinking? people who saw the movie will know what im talking about.

plus 1 thing i fucking hate about tim burton movies is that he puts his wife in everyone. Just give someone else a chance, especially since she doesnt deliver this role at all! she is supossed to be a psychiatrist with an alcohol problem, and before she appears they say: she must be sleeping off one of her famous hangovers. Sounds fun right? the only thing she does is walk in and when she sees the sunlight she asks if someone can close the curtains. Thats it! well people when i have a hangover, i cant stand light, sound, smell, anything=p she was good in harry potter as the villian and i kinda liked her as the Heart Queen in Alice in Wonderland, but here? just because she is your wife it doesnt mean she is good in every one of your movies

i can keep ranting on more and more, but in general the start seemed good, with a good story, awsome atmosphere in the house and a promising funny movie with the fact Depp has been locked away for 200 years. But after that shit begins to rain down and just doesnt stop. my girlfriend is a huge Depp/Burton fan and she really wanted to see the movie. And after 40 minutes she was like: i dont like this

even a fan who owns all their movies and watches them on a regular bases was already tired after this one before even half of the film. the fuck?!

and the family should have been so much more interesting, there are interesting characters, but they dont get the chance to develope. Like the crazy kid Tommy, he is crazy because his mom died and he says he sees here and she isnt dead. wtf, are you crazy when you say that? its a kid! kids have imaginary friends and stuff, hes like 7, just get off his back. And besides that, there is nothing crazy about him! i thought it would be like Damien from the Omen or something, but nothing, just a regular kid who is actually really sweet.

aah there i went again ranting, but this movie is just....aaargh! for gods sake skip it, download it or something, but dont pay for it.

i already told my gf we should have gone to The Dictator or MIB 3...aaargh! give me back my 90 minutes of my life=p

2/10