The Piass

アリス九號(Alice Nine) will resume their activities

Their single 「革命開花-Revolutionary Blooming-」 will be released in October.

Their live DVD/BD called 「A9 LAST ONEMAN ALIVERSARY TOUR FINAL & 15TH ANNIVERSARY“THE TIME MACHINE”〜もしも時が戻るならば 願いますか?~@日比谷野外大音楽堂」 will be released this winter.

They will have their first live on 2019.08.24 at the festival 「Beautiful Beast Fest.」to be held at Shinkiba STUDIO COAST.

EBnLRAGUEAACWWg?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by The Piass

8 minutes ago, Ada Suilen said:

I don't understand... do they switch back to their former name/concept or what?

bought their band name trademark from psc I guess (or idk got it for free if psc filed for bankruptcy as was speculated on here)?

they went independent as a9 because tomomi owned it.

2 hours ago, nekkichi said:

bought their band name trademark from psc I guess (or idk got it for free if psc filed for bankruptcy as was speculated on here)?

Im cackling because this could deadass be true omfg vk is so messy

Okay .....

I like their look, their are beautiful (*^*).

Edited by Miku70

3 hours ago, nekkichi said:

Ah ok, that's clear now. Thanks Nek 🙂

I’ve followed them since 2006, so I’m glad they get back to the name that brought them initial success. 

In the end, music is the thing that is the most important. I hope they continue to pump out music like the last 2 remake albums!  Their refined skills+old compositions was so great and nostalgic. 

God this makes me so nostalgic. I was a hardcore Alice Nine back in the day (started listening to them in 2008). Back then I would be considered a “stan” by today’s lingo haha. 

I stopped listening to them since Supernova because I just didn’t like the direction they were going at all. Hoping this change name brings them closer to their indie roots, which in my opinion are still timeless.

it's nice to see older bands like Merry and Alice Nine revert back to their old names, albeit in different circumstances.

Oh, so now they will release a greatest hits albums every year with a new (old) name. Choosing a car's name basically deindexed them from google and everywhere. btw miss the supernova era.

This is genuinely interesting. I didn't like any of their A9 material as it was so vastly different from what had come before, and I wonder whether the contractual issues that meant they could no longer use the Alice Nine name also stipulated that any music they recorded under a different name had to be "materially different" from the Alice Nine material (cf the Star Trek "Kelvin timeline" fiasco). With any luck this will see a return to their older sound. (That said, I wasn't that bothered about their later Alice Nine material, I still prefer their early stuff.)