Traxan

Aldious make it official, R!n is the new vocalist

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Aldious has chosen R!n as their new vocalist. R!n had been sharing vocal duties on the band's 3 month Japan tour with Saki, formerly of Cyntia, where they alternated nights singing. But all the emphasis seemed to be on R!n despite the fact she had never been in a band before (she won some singing contest) and Saki was a veteran singer.

Official news: https://aldious.net/contents/258597

New band photo.

EBRnIEdUIAAMkdi?format=jpg&name=large

No one knows when this picture was taken, since Toki is pregnant but it could be she is hiding her bump with the guitar.

R!n certainly could do the old material justice. Below is a clip of them doing "Spirit Black" and she came very close to Rami. Now let's see what the next album sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15WUKBazz98&t=800

Edited by Traxan

What's with all the vocalists having R's? Lol.

I can't base much of her vocal capability from this live clip, but she does have the range to cover both the past vocalist's material. I just wonder if the intensity that both past vocalists had will be retained somewhat. This clip tells me no, but again, it's not a good reference.

Here's a cover for mermaid that I found in the related videos section. Definitely going to have to depend on the song she covers, but I think it's fine.

It's going to be exciting to see what sort of shift in sound they're gonna take once the new vocalist gets situated.

Well the first five Aldious album titles started with D. Yoshi likes her alliteration. :)

Re:no butchered more than a few Rami-era songs but R!N sounds capable of handling them. I'm hoping this means older songs return to the setlists. It reminds me of Nightwish. Anette couldn't do the Tarja-era songs to save her life. When I saw them, the set was entirely from the two albums they did with her. After she left and was replaced with the much more capable Floor Jansen, old songs began to return to the set list because she COULD do them properly. So the same may happen here.

Wish they had more of a concept/theme for that photo, but they all look pretty regardless. I love the poses and expressions.

1 hour ago, ahnchc said:

Wish they had more of a concept/theme for that photo, but they all look pretty regardless. I love the poses and expressions.

Agreed. I love the guitars.

They ditched the Ageha-Kei look around 2013 with the District Zero album and jesus did Yoshi look hot for that album.

220v.jpg

Toki plays a custom ESP while Yoshi, who seems to change guitars with every album, is using a Zemaitis. It looks like the same one Miku of Band-Maid plays.

I doubt Marina will play drums in those boots, though.