spockitty

Choose one band to listen to for the rest of your life

I've been listening to Merry's oldest releases (for science) and a thought struck me, that if I had to listen to only one band for the rest of my life, it'd be them. I honestly don't think I could get bored of their music. 

SO, a question to the masses, what band would take that spot for you? 

If you're feeling wild choose one album or even ~le'gasp~ one song. 

Mine's as follows: 

Band: Merry

Album: MUCC - Shion / girugamesh - girugamesh

Song: Kashiwa Daisuke - april.#02

giphy.gif

Ooh, that's a tough one. Jikkendai Marmot are pretty fun to listen to... but DIAURA... and Moran... agh! Lol. I'm not sure, but one of those three. I can always at least narrow it down to three if I can't make up my mind.

13 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Ooh, that's a tough one. Jikkendai Marmot are pretty fun to listen to... but DIAURA... and Moran... agh! Lol. I'm not sure, but one of those three. I can always at least narrow it down to three if I can't make up my mind.

Oi don't cheat! I know you have a bit more life ahead than me but come on :P 

That said, I've never heard of Jikkendai Marmot. color me intrigued~ 

Just now, spockitty said:

Oi don't cheat! I know you have a bit more life ahead than me but come on :P 

That said, I've never heard of Jikkendai Marmot. color me intrigued~ 

Haha! Alrighty, well I guess I'll go for Moran because they have so much variety.

Jikkendai Marmot are great. They're really jazzy! Their stuff's a bit difficult to find, but they're worth it once you do. Not sure if they really count as VK but another user here recommended them to me and I'm pretty thankful. :)

3 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Haha! Alrighty, well I guess I'll go for Moran because they have so much variety.

Jikkendai Marmot are great. They're really jazzy! Their stuff's a bit difficult to find, but they're worth it once you do. Not sure if they really count as VK but another user here recommended them to me and I'm pretty thankful. :)

Well, jazzy's right up my alley, I'll try and hunt down some of their music then ^^ 

Suppose I'll check out Moran while I'm at it~ 

Gathering recs was totally not the point of this thread nope nope

Mediena, no doubt about it. And if I had to choose one album, it would obviously be Gothic Cult by Mediena, since it has almost all their songs lol. I don't think I'd be able to choose only one song though. I need happy songs to listen to when I'm happy and sad songs to listen to when I'm sad.

Gazette

Without any question.

I've been doing for 12 weeks straight just now (except for listening to previews or full MV vids here when they got posted but just for trying them out once).

Ok, that's hard... I'll try...

BAND: The GazettE

Album: The GazettE - Dogma/Mucc - The End of the World/Versailles - Holy Grail

Song: Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever

I'd go mad listening to just one song or one album for the rest of my life, but if we're talking about bands then BUCK-TICK, easily.

Lots of variety and also lots of good stuff (and generally just lots of stuff, lol).

GLAY. They have a song for basically every occasion at this point, and there are so many different sounds to explore. Every time I put all my GLAY songs on shuffle I end up with a new appreciation for a different track.

Choosing only one band? That's cruel. xD

I'd go with DIV I guess, since then I wouldn't have to live the rest of my life without my favorite song and still have some other songs to listen to.

the pillows, all of their music. Esjdes the early stuff sounds the same, but it's the kind of music that never gets old and even gets comforting when you listen to it again after some time. 

For just Japanese music, it'd probably be:

[Band] Dir en grey

They just scratch all the itches for me from early vkei metal to heavier more technical metal, some nice ballads and some decent remixes. I can pretty much find something to listen to no matter what mood I'm in.

[Album] lynch. - The Avoided Sun

It has the perfect balance of hard and soft, melody and screaming, and is extremely catchy.

[Song] lynch. - ecdysis

Love the groove on this track

And for fun, Non-Japanese music:

[Band] The Midnight

[Album] Gost - Behemoth

[Song] The Midnight - The Years (Prologue)

Edited by ghost

4 hours ago, colorful人生 said:

Janne Da Arc, easily

*Sure, I like キラキラ系, but I get burnt out really easily. ABC is good too, but JDA has more memorable songs + older production.

I used to really love early ABC and I don't know how, but I've only just recently realized that Yasu's Janne Da Arc vocalist o.o 

Is he still active tho?

29 minutes ago, spockitty said:

I used to really love early ABC and I don't know how, but I've only just recently realized that Yasu's Janne Da Arc vocalist o.o 

Is he still active tho?

I know Yasu has had cervical vertebrae issues where ABC had to cancel their tour in 2017. Since then, they've largely been radio-silent aside from the JDA disbandment news : /.