Jigsaw9

Visual kei popping up in unexpected places

when i was younger in my teens i remember watching a show where they re-decorate rooms/houses and the teen girls bedroom of one of the houses had Kyo/Dir en grey posters everywhere. they never mentioned anything about them though, but it was the only instance i've ever seen of vk on canadian tv.

Edited by Paraph

Because of the recent announcement of MCR’s reunion show, a Spanish-language tweet featured a screenshot from the Mexican telenovela “La rosa de Guadalupe” with the episode title “Soy emo” featured. In that very same episode, there is a poster of Ayabie featured in the protagonist’s artistic bedroom. Sin+t%25C3%25ADtulo.png

Here is an old gem from German TV.

It is a cringeworthy story about a German girl who is obsessed with Mao from Sadie and runs away from home to find and marry him.

This is from a German "reality" show which was broadcasted on a big channel.

The broadcast is such obscure as I never ever saw something VK related on German TV.

Beware of watching this shit.. you will develop a desire to destroy something afterwards.. XD

2 hours ago, Demivee said:

Here is an old gem from German TV.

It is a cringeworthy story about a German girl who is obsessed with Mao from Sadie and runs away from home to find and marry him.

This is from a German "reality" show which was broadcasted on a big channel.

The broadcast is such obscure as I never ever saw something VK related on German TV.

Beware of watching this shit.. you will develop a desire to destroy something afterwards.. XD

at least she has good taste

2 hours ago, heresytrash said:

Does anyone remember the Gazette cosplayers who showed up in a clip on America's next top model? 

Thank you for mentioning this! The scene you're thinking of is footage that presents itself as the inspiration behind a photoshoot that the four remaining contestants participate in. Beside the Gazette, there are also cosplayers portraying members of Inugami Circus-dan, MUCC, and Psycho le Cému.

https://imgur.com/a/Ukhv8My

18 hours ago, Hohchicano96 said:

Thank you for mentioning this! The scene you're thinking of is footage that presents itself as the inspiration behind a photoshoot that the four remaining contestants participate in. Beside the Gazette, there are also cosplayers portraying members of Inugami Circus-dan, MUCC, and Psycho le Cému.

on a list of "vk bands i'd expect to see cameo on american tv" inugami circus-dan would be dead last

On 11/6/2019 at 8:34 AM, Hohchicano96 said:

I never noticed the other vk bands omg. I just remembered watching this show cause that's what my sister always put on and this popped up, I yelled at the TV and my sister gave me a look like I was insane. 

Sad they labled it Japanime. Would've been interesting to see if they could pull off a vkei photoshoot, but then again that would turn out cringy.

キザノホマレ from Animal Crossing / どうぶつの森 In the English version he talks about "a band" and in the OG AC he's a 'jock' type despite the make up and skirt lol. But in JP version he talks about his kaisan'd band and subtlety flirts with the player & animals like a proper bandman. I mean it is a Japanese property so the ref isn't completely surprising, but I still didn't expect being called 'my sweet/darling beloved' by an animal in a nintendo game. (Or the implication that there's some seedy romance drama going on in town between multiple animals with him lol)

b5pZfEP.png

21 hours ago, karai · ebi said:

キザノホマレ from Animal Crossing / どうぶつの森 In the English version he talks about "a band" and in the OG AC he's a 'jock' type despite the make up and skirt lol. But in JP version he talks about his kaisan'd band and subtlety flirts with the player & animals like a proper bandman. I mean it is a Japanese property so the ref isn't completely surprising, but I still didn't expect being called 'my sweet/darling beloved' by an animal in a nintendo game. (Or the implication that there's some seedy romance drama going on in town between multiple animals with him lol)

b5pZfEP.png

my honmei

On 11/5/2019 at 6:20 PM, Hohchicano96 said:

Because of the recent announcement of MCR’s reunion show, a Spanish-language tweet featured a screenshot from the Mexican telenovela “La rosa de Guadalupe” with the episode title “Soy emo” featured. In that very same episode, there is a poster of Ayabie featured in the protagonist’s artistic bedroom. Sin+t%25C3%25ADtulo.png

no vi venir este post, pero tampoco esperaba menos de la rosa guadalupe, desde que supe de esa serie entendí que tarde o temprano iba a suceder wjasjsjsj

I guess what I can offer here is the anime or well, almost to become an anime Hypnosis Mic lol They have this character called 14th Moon who's the vocalist of a visual kei band 

tumblr_pxib6zvNq91ru0vhmo2_500.jpg

But tbh, when I heard his voice and the song he made it didn't feel vkei enough for me lol buuuutttt tbh, the way they portrayed his personality lol it almost feels vkei bwuahahaha

another one I just saw on youtube a couple of days ago is that some German guy apparently made a documentary about SCREW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u00NUkd6xdc

It's just so fucking wild man, I think vkei in a way was pretty popular in Germany at some point in time lol

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Uchusentai Noiz participating in a contest here in the Philippines called "I love OPM(original pinoy music)"

here's a clip of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3emU07eTKg

I remember them calling fuel play or like, saying the contest was rigged and  unfair because judges chose some half-ass talented half-pinoy half-western guy who abides by the western beauty standards and has abs. A lot of people said the band was treated unfairly here lol

I remember Alice Nine was also featured in a documentary show here in the Philippines but, I can't find any clips of it now n youtube lol it was around 2012 if I remember correctly

I've seen some people put "fancams" of mostly BUCK-TICK in the replies of popular tweets, in the same fashion as all the kpop stans do

One of the videos has like 50k views or something lol

Edited by seys

8 hours ago, seys said:

I've seen some people put "fancams" of mostly BUCK-TICK in the replies of popular tweets, in the same fashion as all the kpop stans do

One of the videos has like 50k views or something lol

I mean, if they're gonna shove any VK band down someone's throat it better be a really good one like BT. Hope this doesn't turn people off them though :(

Lol, I was coming here to post about the guy from Hypnosis Mic. I dunno, I think his song sounds VK enough, because Leetspeak monsters wrote it, and it basically just sounds like Leetspeak monsters with some other dude singing. I like that they made the rose petals blow across the screen only for his preview in the trailer. That's 100% VK. 🤣

I guess this is not totally unexpected but still it was surprising/fun to spot in this context: the Strictly Dumpling guy just put up a video on his channel where he went to a bunch of ramen joints in Sapporo, and one of the places is decorated with signatures/messages from bands who ate there. 未完成アリス (Mikansei Alice) is the only VK band I could spot... well it was hard to miss, lol.

qT40PQ7.jpg