The Piass

Sui (David) new band CULA have formed + solo CD release

8 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

ELDfOzVXYAI1i7S?format=jpg&name=medium

mmmmmmmmmm SW at least helped get their first promo-single digitally distributed. They might be like Visage, who was "supported" by UNDER CODE but wasn't actually signed to them.

I would say, write an email to kiwamu to clear it up.

On 11/30/2019 at 1:14 PM, Yukami said:

Judging this CD  isn't a release under Starwave records. 

otherwise the CD would had kinda a number such as SWCL-001

PI  is surly shorten for a different label name.

But maybe starwave helps them to release some of their works online... or something...

7 hours ago, 123Sandman321 said:

Anyone can put out their stuff digitally via Tunecore and many others. A proper label isn't really neceasary for that.

it's pretty much the same with cd prints, japanese bands can just rent a studio to record stuff and sell a print-run through daiki records and one of their million affiliates, they still need a label deal to book venues and market stuff though.

we started speculating cula r a starwave affiliate after a) their sang went on spotify through kiwi b) the CD rip that sounded exactly like every other awful starwave release, which weirdly enough wasn't the case with PV

I was hoping they signed with sharteuse agency and kamijo bc. david also originated there, but that's not the case apparently.

8 hours ago, Shaolan974 said:

new look for "David 3rd Anniversary&SUI BIRTHDAY Oneman「Gothculture」" to be hold at 2020/01/24 at Takadanobaba AREA and his live-limited single "Gothculture"

David4.jpgWebflyer.jpeg.jpg

holy shit he looks fucking beautiful!!!!!

CULA's newest CD, "絶痕 -Pride of the clan-" will be sold on Starwave Records' online shop, along with PARAGUAS INC.'s other upcoming products starting in 2020! This version of the single will also include a bonus DVD of the Dracula MV with different member shots!

[DVD tracklist]

Dracula (MV)

Dracula (Yuhma version)

Dracula (70.version)

Dracula (Tomoya version)

Sidenote, as we all figured, Paraguas is a sublabel of Starwave after all~

2 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

for anyone overseas theyll have a flat fee of $20 shipping just as a headsup

use a proxy, kids x

On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 7:43 AM, Shaolan974 said:

new look for "David 3rd Anniversary&SUI BIRTHDAY Oneman「Gothculture」" to be hold at 2020/01/24 at Takadanobaba AREA and his live-limited single "Gothculture"

David4.jpgWebflyer.jpeg.jpg

WE NEED A MV WITH THIS LOOK OMG!

THE BEST LOOK EVER!

Hopefully David will continue to release stuffs for Long time

Edited by Akrus

22 hours ago, madygrain said:

Cula is under a Starwave sub-label

No, that's NOT true.

ex-FIXER 70 is the owner of this label. 

Of course he has connection with Kiwamu (you also can PAY kiwi do record music video and doing graphic design, or selling stuff overseas or in general.

But it's not OWNED by Kiwamu.

70. stated here, that PRAGUAS is his OWN label. 

Edited by BrenGun

I have a feeling kiwamu is still the daddy of all these bands, it's like how labaiser goes under some other label name but still all starwave as far as I can tell

10 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

I have a feeling kiwamu is still the daddy of all these bands, it's like how labaiser goes under some other label name but still all starwave as far as I can tell

It's not that strange....

70. EX-FIXER

FIXER = EX-STARWAVE BAND

70. Start a new band, however he need HELP from someone to even START. He knows Kiwamu,

Kiwamu likes it, and sure he (Ghost) helps out.

Kiwamu -> Graphic Designer, label owner, sells overseas, can be used for some stuff.

Pay him money and being a "bandman/+ starting label owner" is more easy.

But 70. himself says that HE is the label owner from PRAGUAS.

And with that statement, it's not a SUB-LABEL.  

__

but maybe someone can contact Kiwamu and ask him about it?

http://www.starwaverecords.jp/contact.html

Edited by BrenGun

3 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

Kiwamu is fluent in english and replies to his emails so we could probably get an answer if he chooses to respond 

Yes please write him an e-mail.

And I hope that I am right, that he only helps 70. out... please don't let it be a sub label. 

Because if it is, DAVID will be under starwave 100% too. 

1 hour ago, BrenGun said:

Because if it is, DAVID will be under starwave 100% too. 

Sui has his own label, Resonance. He opened it as soon as David really started activities (apart from a stint at Chateau Agency for like 5 minutes).

1 minute ago, suji said:

Sui has his own label, Resonance. He opened it as soon as David really started activities (apart from a stint at Chateau Agency for like 5 minutes).

Then why the hell does he use STARWAVE to sell his CULA stuff.. (-_-) 

Doesn't he has a freaking overseas website too?

Also Sui plays on a lot of Starwave sponsored events... so well maybe he also kinda joined starwave now...

35 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

Then why the hell does he use STARWAVE to sell his CULA stuff.. (-_-) 

Doesn't he has a freaking overseas website too?

Also Sui plays on a lot of Starwave sponsored events... so well maybe he also kinda joined starwave now...

Because (MAYBE?????) SUI isn't the boss of CULA 😕

Probably he was invited to take part of CULA but 70 holds all the rights of the band. (???????)

PS: As far as I remember, David attended to Starwave Records events as a "guest".

Edited by Serox

1 minute ago, Serox said:

Because (MAYBE?????) SUI isn't the boss of CULA 😕

Probably he was invited to take part of CULA but 70 holds all the rights of the band. (???????)

PS: As far as I remember, David attended to Starwave Records events as a "guest".

I also wonder what " guest" ment

sometimes "guest" means more a "SPECIAL(BAND)"  than the other bands who are playing.

SUI is 100% not the boss of CULA that's 70.

Still it's weird that they just don't use SUI's webshop, I mean, that's also a running webshop thing isn't?... 

-_- ether way... just don't let it be a sub label of starwave,.... 

4 hours ago, suji said:

More than opening his own label he just chose a fancy name to put on his flyers and on the back of the CDs (like of 99% of indie bands). If that counts as a label then literally anyone can have one. I doubt he really started a company or will finance/produce anything other than his own releases either, just checked his website and webstore but nothing like that is mentioned. Starwave, Chateau, and the likes are actual companies with stocks, capital, etc. Other labels are small self-employment based businesses but that doesn't seem to be the case I would say David is pretty much unsigned/independent. 

12 hours ago, BrenGun said:

Still it's weird that they just don't use SUI's webshop

No, it's perfectly normal. Sui manages the webshop himself and reaps from it, that's why it's great for the stuff he and just him produces. If CULA wanted to use that service a payment agreement should had to be made among Sui and the other members. Spliting CULA and Sui it's better because it causes less conflict among people.

12 hours ago, 薔薇の末裔 said:

More than opening his own label he just chose a fancy name to put on his flyers and on the back of the CDs (like of 99% of indie bands). If that counts as a label then literally anyone can have one. I doubt he really started a company or will finance/produce anything other than his own releases either, just checked his website and webstore but nothing like that is mentioned. Starwave, Chateau, and the likes are actual companies with stocks, capital, etc. Other labels are small self-employment based businesses but that doesn't seem to be the case I would say David is pretty much unsigned/independent. 

If an artist want to release a CD in national stores they have to register a label name. 

Still doesn't mean that you can pay a label to help you to release your stuff under your own label name.

But beside that, did anyone already contacted Kiwamu?

Edited by BrenGun