The Piass

Sui (David) new band CULA have formed + solo CD release

Oh boy I have SO much to say about this...I'll try to run down my thoughts while watching the PV:

-not digging the intro/build up to the chorus, the songwriting seems decent enough but the production feels so? chunky? it's hard to discern anything idk how to describe it

-their look is really cool, I like it a lot, but I can't help but hate on the "they have a girl captive" trope, it's so tired

-once the chorus hit, I actually really started to like the song. It's a great chorus!

-as always, I love Sui's voice :') I'm biased tho, I used to LOVE Megaromania

-why is she stripping him

-OHHHH RIGHT, I forgot the entire theme of this band is vampires, hence "(Dra)cula." Honestly, I have to give it to them. This is an aesthetic level of vampire-kei I personally haven't seen before lol (idk if this style has been done before or not) but usually vampire-kei is like, Versailles ~roses~ level so this is kind of cool

-this is actually pretty legit, the PV seems professional and the editing seems good

-lmao nevermind, take a look at those bootleg wings(?)

-anyway I would have been obsessed with this in 2009 that's for sure, so it has my stamp of approval. SUI queen slay etc.

Does it sound like discount Fixer? Yes. Is Sui incredibly flat and monotone, without any vocal variety? Yes. For the entire song, I was hoping he'd surprise everyone by dropping some sick lows...but no, of course not. Massive blue balls, right there. I still like it, of course the guitar and bass were carrying the song, but a vocalist unable to growl is incredibly limiting in this type of music. Makes me miss Jey even more, were that even possible.

1 minute ago, chipathy said:

might as well start training one of the guitarists or something to do harsh vocals if this is the case 

that may be a good idea

I like this a lot, actually. I was expecting something way, way different... But I'm happy with this. I do kinda wish he would've just kept his focus on David, but whatever.

I think it's a really great song; it probably helps that I already love Sui and Fixer to begin with. The mv is kind of bad though. Definitely going to buy their single when it's released.

SUI new solo ballad CD "Untitled Fallen" (3 tracks, 2 types (Untitled Ver/Fallen Ver))  will be released on November 27 

In addition, his sponsored live "SUI Christmas Party 2019" at 荻窪Rooster NorthSide will feature vocal and piano, along with guest musicians; tickets are now available at Wizard Store. I wonder if Sui will be playing piano at this event since he's shared pictures before.

EFo_k3SUcAIQqjU?format=jpg&name=small

CULA will start their two-part continuous oneman with the first part, "Clan's HELLOWEEN" at Shibuya Club Malcolm on October 17; the second part, "Knight Pride" will be held on December 17 at the same venue where there will be a live-limited CD release!

Surprisingly I like this a lot, even without Misery.

Are there any updates on when/where the Dracula single will be available? Or is that going to be the live-limited CD at the one-mans?

3 hours ago, sakuran said:

Are there any updates on when/where the Dracula single will be available? Or is that going to be the live-limited CD at the one-mans?

Dracula will be released sometime in October. A different cd will be released only at the second part live.

9 hours ago, sakuran said:

With all due respect but Misery would not have been a good member in this band, his melodic style is not suitable here.

4 hours ago, Serox said:

With all due respect but Misery would not have been a good member in this band, his melodic style is not suitable here.

I didn't mean anything about their style, just that it's strange to have Sui perform without him.

6 hours ago, Serox said:

I've been wondering if misery still has a place in this scene. Really want to see him in his own new band with a different vocalist for a change.