ddeadstars-mako

Crazed, creepy, and downright annoying fans?

1 hour ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Haha this thread is gold. I'm with the guy/girl who said they're happy they stay away from the fandom and just happy enjoying the music and not getting involved in all the weird drama. Only thing I really would say is a lot of V Kei fans in general I've seen at live shows in Japan and overseas seem pretty weird and immature (everyone here seems pretty safe though, so not firing any shots at anyone) like they just turn 10/15 younger and start acting like over-excited hyper babies and it's really pathetic to see. Always nice to see people having a good time, but they're so OTT it's properly cringey. For example, at one Dir show I was standing behind a girl who appeared to be on her own, she was quite short and I'm quite tall so just happened to notice what she was writing on her phone as she was texting a friend. Conversation starts off fairly normal "just got to the gig, am at the front woop, woop" that kind of thing, "I bought a load of merch woop woop" also pretty normal, (here i'll add she's clearly not an experienced gig go-er as she brings her massive ass backpack and puts it on the floor in front of her at the front of a show.... (got to be kidding right? Nope, haha) and anyway, things start getting weird when I then notice a message as obviously I wasn't watching everything she was writing as got talking to some people around, "How do I confess my love to Kaoru from the second row of the audience?" and then kept bad mouthing his wife saying she's a "gremlin" and that Kaoru should be with her instead, keeping in mind she was also very young, no older than 18 I'm sure..... But even still, a lot of V Kei fans seem this obsessed and it's so cringe it almost hurts. haha. I've been involved in music for around 20 years and mixed with all kinds of audiences and played in loads of bands of varying styles etc and ONLY seen this ridiculous behaviour at V Kei shows. Obviously the odd weirdo will appear anywhere so not saying all other genres you don't get weirdos but yeah, V Kei has a pretty creepy fanbase. lol.

I think it’s the tendency of some VK fans (at least in the introductory stages of fandom), to shut themselves off from other genres/scenes. And because a lot of this might happen when they’re young, they might not have had any experience with other types of music fandoms.

They usually either grow out of it, and start listening to additional types of  music, or dump the scene in favour of K-pop, or whatever is trendy next.

3 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

I think it’s the tendency of some VK fans (at least in the introductory stages of fandom), to shut themselves off from other genres/scenes. And because a lot of this might happen when they’re young, they might not have had any experience with other types of music fandoms.

They usually either grow out of it, and start listening to additional types of  music, or dump the scene in favour of K-pop, or whatever is trendy next.

Probably right tbh, well said.

^ yeah, definitely have seen a lot of people go from v-kei to k-pop

outside or v-kei, but still within the j-music scene, I've encountered those hardcore fans that follow a band around as they tour overseas. The ones that really bother me are the ones that purchase VIP for the front row and then livestream the performances for instagram numbers.

also the fans who obsessively ship band members... lol this one time i thought i was just reading a really poorly written meet and greet experience but it turned out to be some slash fanfic -____-

3 hours ago, v3rmillion said:

^ yeah, definitely have seen a lot of people go from v-kei to k-pop

outside or v-kei, but still within the j-music scene, I've encountered those hardcore fans that follow a band around as they tour overseas. The ones that really bother me are the ones that purchase VIP for the front row and then livestream the performances for instagram numbers.

also the fans who obsessively ship band members... lol this one time i thought i was just reading a really poorly written meet and greet experience but it turned out to be some slash fanfic -____-

Shipping real people is gross in general. I'm fine with like fictional characters and stuff (I do that sometimes hehe) but it's just creepy. There's this account I found that just posts cringe ass Gazette fan fics 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

17 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Not VK, but this is cringy enough.

There could be a whole book of cringy and annoying things that K-pop fans do.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:23 AM, psychonnect_rozen said:

Not VK, but this is cringy enough.

A few of those things were actually harmless. Why should I care about someone's birthday cake or bad quality fanart (the NSFW stuff is actually weird, so yeah this is bad).

I agree on most of those being awful tho. Some people become fixated on something and go overboard with it. 🙄