ddeadstars-mako

Crazed, creepy, and downright annoying fans?

How about the “I see dead people” fangirls? I’ve only run into them incidentally, but from what I saw and what I heard... those are completely effing insane. Anyone had a run-in with some of them?

Edited by R/O

8 minutes ago, R/O said:

How about the “I see dead people” fangirls? I’ve only run into them incidentally, but from what I saw and what I heard... those are completely effing insane. Anyone had a run-in with some of them?

What do you mean by “I see dead people”? Lol

1 hour ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

What do you mean by “I see dead people”? Lol

The ones who claim to have seen the spirits of deceased artists (and tend to be VERY toxic on the side). Often found among the more extreme fringes of X Japan fans.

1 minute ago, R/O said:

The ones who claim to have seen the spirits of deceased artists (and tend to be VERY toxic on the side). Often found among the more extreme fringes of X Japan fans.

Ok that’s just disrespectful. Honestly, that pisses me off. 

Like I like Hide and Taiji but holy shit that’s just extremely stupid and rude. 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

13 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Ok that’s just disrespectful. Honestly, that pisses me off. 

Like I like Hide and Taiji but holy shit that’s just extremely stupid and rude. 

I mean, I can understand the ones that attribute significance to a dream. It goes beyond that though... and it becomes just eww... and they don’t only infest the X Japan fandom... I’ve seen them among the fans of pretty much every band that had anyone die.

6 minutes ago, R/O said:

I mean, I can understand the ones that attribute significance to a dream. It goes beyond that though... and it becomes just eww... and they don’t only infest the X Japan fandom... I’ve seen them among the fans of pretty much every band that had anyone die.

Yeah.

I’m fine if your just tributing to a long gone artist that has inspired you or what not go ahead but this is just weird.

I mean, I’ve seen weird ass fandoms before *cough* Columbiners *cough* but just leave em alone

7 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Yeah.

I’m fine if your just tributing to a long gone artist that has inspired you or what not go ahead but this is just weird.

I mean, I’ve seen weird ass fandoms before *cough* Columbiners *cough* but just leave em alone

And the problem is just how freakin toxic they tend to be. Just because they’re in perpetual mourning and “see” dead people doesn’t mean they can be assholes to the living... did you ever run into any of them?

8 minutes ago, R/O said:

And the problem is just how freakin toxic they tend to be. Just because they’re in perpetual mourning and “see” dead people doesn’t mean they can be assholes to the living... did you ever run into any of them?

How toxic are they? 

I guess I can compare this to Kurt Cobain. I love Nirvana as much as the next guy, but Kurt stans are weird. Like, he’s one of my favourite guitarists but geez his fans are weird. I remember there was a shirt of his suicide note that was being sold one time.  

Granted, I’ve never seen someone claming to see Kurt’s ghost or whatever but it’s still crazy nonetheless. 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

2 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

How toxic are they? 

I guess I can compare this to Kurt Cobain. I love Nirvana as much as the next guy, but Kurt stans are weird. Like, he’s one of my favourite guitarists but geez his fans are weird. I remember there was a shirt of his suicide note that was being sold one time.  

Granted, I’ve never seen someone claming to see Kurt’s ghost or whatever but it’s still crazy nonetheless. 

Oh, I managed to avoid direct interaction with them, but I’ve heard awful stories. People who call them out often get told to go kill themselves or worse.

...that’s even crazier than the ghost.

21 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Wasn't that shirt sold by Urban Outfitters? I remember it caused a bit of a stir by his fans. Wouldn't surprise me if a few of the weird fans bought it though. 

1 hour ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

Wasn't that shirt sold by Urban Outfitters? I remember it caused a bit of a stir by his fans. Wouldn't surprise me if a few of the weird fans bought it though. 

I think it was. Don't recall though.

5 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Never seen anyone like that in the DEG fandom.

:^)

No, not a band with anyone CALLED Die. A band where someone DID die.

(ik you’re  joking)

On 9/1/2019 at 5:53 PM, R/O said:

I recall reading a story about someone (it may have been here actually) who claimed Kami was their friend irl and they played together in their dreams. They were completely obsessed with him. I wonder if people like that feel a little silly, or if they truly believe that artists contact them through the spiritual world...

4 hours ago, astra☆ said:

I recall reading a story about someone (it may have been here actually) who claimed Kami was their friend irl and they played together in their dreams. They were completely obsessed with him. I wonder if people like that feel a little silly, or if they truly believe that artists contact them through the spiritual world...

Oh f**k. I read that too—it was on Reddit iirc—and well... the toxicity of that person is superior to that of cyanide. The “I see dead people” bit was just the tip of the shitberg. Treating the OP like that... yeeesh.

@psychonnect_rozen I believe this is a shining example of the toxicity I mentioned earlier btw.

6 hours ago, astra☆ said:

Sounds like that one girl from central America who claimed Yoshiki, Kamijo, Mana and idk who else would possess her in her dreams and perform satanic rituals on her and shit. She went on about it for so long that Yoshiki has been known as "the satanic hag" on Hispanic VK for years now.

21 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Sounds like that one girl from central America who claimed Yoshiki, Kamijo, Mana and idk who else would possess her in her dreams and perform satanic rituals on her and shit. She went on about it for so long that Yoshiki has been known as "the satanic hag" on Hispanic VK for years now.

Yikes. She went so far that her antics actually impacted the fandom slang? Just yikes

28 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

South American fans are wild. 

I’ve heard a story that there was a Hide cosplayer on LiveJournal who would claim that she was a reincarnation of Hide. Is this true?

On 9/6/2019 at 8:52 AM, Komorebi said:

It helped that a big VK shitposting page made a bunch of memes about it and viralized it further.

Serves her well. If anyone’s the real hag, that’s her.

37 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

69892342_162765948175210_784120503362125

Translation by Homp:

Reveal hidden contents

-Looking back on your time in Gesshoku, would you say you gained anything from it?
-Yoma: It was short... I was able to do the things I wanted to. It was a unique, dark band, ghostly (laugh). It was actually very straightforward. For example, the song Dokusatsu (Poisoning) is about being betrayed by a person you really like and being so upset that you poison them (laugh).
-Why did you decide to do a dark band?
-Yoma: Amongst many positive bands, I wanted to do something completely different to other bands.
-Why are Gesshoku breaking up?
-Yoma: Gesshoku never became anything more than a first step for all of us members. We all realised our weaknesses and things that we are lacking. In a way I think it's a good thing, because it will help us in the future.
-Have all the members decided what they're going to do after this?
-Yoma: Everyone is going to continue to do bands, so I think they're all going to show themselves to you again in some form or another.
-And what will you do after this?
-Yoma: I don't want to fuss about genre. I want you all to forget about the me you already know, and come and see the new me for yourselves.
-Do you have any concrete ideas yet?
-Yoma: I'm going to do a band called Visnu with the bassist who participated in Gesshoku's final live. It's going to be a band that does things that Gesshoku didn't, so as I said before, please come and see for yourself.
-What kind of thing do you think you're going to show with Visnu?
-Yoma: Everything... everything that I have inside me. I want to make everything that's inside me into music and present it.
-Can you tell me more in detail?
-Yoma: If we're talking about lyrics, I want to be even more straightforward than I was in Gesshoku. Not just sound and a stage as the background, I want to be able to overwhelm even the people who are watching the staging. This is what I'm thinking... The parts of myself that I usually suppress, that is to say, my inner face, I want to shout it all out on stage and show it to everyone. In the end, I see concerts as a place of self expression.
-Do you have any concerts coming up?
-Yoma: Our first live will be some time in July, in Kyoto. After that we want to go to lots of places in secret.
-What are you doing now?
-Yoma: Making songs, and a demo tape.
-Finally, do you have anything to say to your fans?
-Yoma: By all means, please come and see us with your own eyes. Let's meet at the concert.

...I don’t get it... what’s this gotta do with anything?

Haha this thread is gold. I'm with the guy/girl who said they're happy they stay away from the fandom and just happy enjoying the music and not getting involved in all the weird drama. Only thing I really would say is a lot of V Kei fans in general I've seen at live shows in Japan and overseas seem pretty weird and immature (everyone here seems pretty safe though, so not firing any shots at anyone) like they just turn 10/15 younger and start acting like over-excited hyper babies and it's really pathetic to see. Always nice to see people having a good time, but they're so OTT it's properly cringey. For example, at one Dir show I was standing behind a girl who appeared to be on her own, she was quite short and I'm quite tall so just happened to notice what she was writing on her phone as she was texting a friend. Conversation starts off fairly normal "just got to the gig, am at the front woop, woop" that kind of thing, "I bought a load of merch woop woop" also pretty normal, (here i'll add she's clearly not an experienced gig go-er as she brings her massive ass backpack and puts it on the floor in front of her at the front of a show.... (got to be kidding right? Nope, haha) and anyway, things start getting weird when I then notice a message as obviously I wasn't watching everything she was writing as got talking to some people around, "How do I confess my love to Kaoru from the second row of the audience?" and then kept bad mouthing his wife saying she's a "gremlin" and that Kaoru should be with her instead, keeping in mind she was also very young, no older than 18 I'm sure..... But even still, a lot of V Kei fans seem this obsessed and it's so cringe it almost hurts. haha. I've been involved in music for around 20 years and mixed with all kinds of audiences and played in loads of bands of varying styles etc and ONLY seen this ridiculous behaviour at V Kei shows. Obviously the odd weirdo will appear anywhere so not saying all other genres you don't get weirdos but yeah, V Kei has a pretty creepy fanbase. lol.