YuyoDrift

What's one thing that happened to you only once?

As the title suggests, what's one thing that happened to you that you've never had happen to you again?

Would you like it to happen again, or are you hoping it never does? Hehe.

Before you kill the thread by saying something like getting laid or being happy, try and give yourselves credit on the luck you've had and name the weirdest or funniest story you have. Inb4youstillpostthatshit.

For me, one thing that I had happen only once in my life was getting 3 Pizzas delivered to my door, and I got them for free. No idea where the mistake was made, but I didn't order any and my brother took the pizza (he thought I ordered some) from the driver before I knew what happened. I felt bad for the driver, so I called the store to let them know he made a mistake. They were so pissed, they asked me if I took any bites of them yet 🤣. Pretty sure the delivery guy had just quit or something, and we were lucky enough to get 3 random pizzas. 

Never got a call back from the store, so we ate that shit up, it was so good and free-tasting lol.

I'm not superstitious and don't normally believe in karma and the like, but the funniest thing that happened to me once (well, technically my brother) would be when he beat me at air hockey then showboated and split his jeans during his little victory dance. It's kind of a thing we have that whenever we go out to an arcade, we play air hockey. He pretty much always beats me but he hasn't made a big thing of it since.

There was also the time I was walking down the street with him and my dad and we found £100+ worth of euros on the ground. We got them converted and I can't remember what we did with them as I was only about six years old at the time. That was pretty weird.

2 minutes ago, chipathy said:

But seriously provably seeing a ghost when I was a kid and for some reason the memory is still burned into my mind

I can't say that, I've had paranormal experiences all my life, it's really annoying at times, sensing the presence of a spirit.

Oh I got another one: Running out of gas.

So embarrassing and troublesome, luckily it was easy to pull into a street from the main road when it happened to me, but having to walk to the gas station and buy a 1gal jug for gas and having to carry it back was so bad lol. Every single day since that time, I've been dreading anything below a quarter of a tank that I almost get stressed out if I'm in bumper-to-bumper traffic and I'm that low.

Never again hopefully.

Just now, plastic_rainbow said:

broke my two front teeth during gym class in kindergarten by colliding into someone, my mouth was bleeding and i was chewing on the ice pack they gave me lmao. also being that young i was crying too

A friend of mine was running down the hall when we were in elementary, someone tripped him and knocked both of his front teeth out and had to get them replaced.

2 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

broke my two front teeth during gym class in kindergarten by colliding into someone, my mouth was bleeding and i was chewing on the ice pack they gave me lmao. also being that young i was crying too

This reminded me of another, getting kicked in the face where it ripped that upper lip connective thing  in the middle from my gumline when I was a kid (don't know what it's called)

1 minute ago, secret_no_03 said:

A friend of mine was running down the hall when we were in elementary, someone tripped him and knocked both of his front teeth out and had to get them replaced.

thankfully, mine grew back eventually

Just now, plastic_rainbow said:

thankfully, mine grew back eventually

Oh, they were baby teeth? I don't know shit about that stuff, so I have no idea when we loose all of our baby teeth.

2 minutes ago, karai · ebi said:

This reminded me of another, getting kicked in the face where it ripped that upper lip connective thing  in the middle from my gumline when I was a kid (don't know what it's called)

that sounds painful D':

1 minute ago, secret_no_03 said:

Oh, they were baby teeth? I don't know shit about that stuff, so I have no idea when we loose all of our baby teeth.

i was pretty young still so yeah. i think i was still losing baby teeth even in elementary school

When I was five, I tripped over and hit my face on a log. My nose was bleeding like crazy and I'm surprised I didn't break it. I've never actually broken a bone before.

I also nearly got hit by a drunk-driver once. It hit someone else instead (just her hand, it didn't kill her or anything). I've been really cautious about crossing roads ever since so it's really annoying if I have to cross a road while a car's parked on the side of it because I'm too short to see over them so I have to guess if a car's coming.

Getting sent to "the wall" in school. It was for a dumb reason too. I kicked a pinecone, and for some reason the teacher thought that was dangerous or something? It mostly just rolled across the ground and didn't even hit anyone, so I don't really know what she was thinking.

Also, getting thrown off a horse. Happened once when I was a little kid. I barely remember it, and I wasn't injured or anything, but it definitely took a bit of the glamour out of horseback riding for me.

IZA of RAZOR threw his water bottle right at me which has never happened before with anything at a show previous to that. I had it in my hand but the girl in the row in front had a better grip on it so i had to let it go. ;-; One day.

Speaking of live related stuff, I got hit in the face with a big ass teddybear at Morrigan's live in my country. Since idk if Pitty is actually even active on the scene, this won't happen to me again unless some musician starts going to lives with big ass tedybears (please don't). xD

14 hours ago, Gesu said:

I also nearly got hit by a drunk-driver once. It hit someone else instead (just her hand, it didn't kill her or anything). I've been really cautious about crossing roads ever since so it's really annoying if I have to cross a road while a car's parked on the side of it because I'm too short to see over them so I have to guess if a car's coming.

Which reminds me, I nearly got hit by a Deliveroo guy on his bicycle once. He was coming down a narrow alleyway at full speed right as I was about to walk past it. Now, to be fair to him, neither of us could see the other coming, but I apologised to him and he just said "fuck's sake" and rode off! What an utter bellend.

(Think I actually mentioned this in a status a while back.)

well I remember seeing @The Moon's comment wiped out of here because it contained the word "prolapse", but judging by the recent discussions we've witnessed, that word is no longer tabooed therefore I probably won't see another instance of this again!

Edited by nekkichi