Fyrnia4Maya

Difference between male and female vkei fans?

@WhirlingBlack you do have a point there.

Men have no problem spending the extra coin on a CD or Limited Item if the band is good, and while women aren't so keen on spending as much, so long as the item in questions is personal/cute as @Komorebi mentions, they will fork over the cash. At the end of the day, both see their merch as a collectable item, backed by a degree of further supporting the band.

As far as the knowledge goes, I'd question if men retain more than women. I'd say that facts and timelines about the band may be more on the male side, while more personal/random facts like what food, favorite color, or who the bandmates are into would fall onto the female side.

Women tend to jump ship on a band than a man would, right? If the band no longer maintains the appeal then they lose female fans, and if they have nothing else to offer, it's easy to say they never had male fans to begin with. *cough* Mejibray

On 7/29/2019 at 8:16 PM, Komorebi said:

It is, I'm just multitasking and I half-assed my reading lmao.

All of this reminded me of the kawaii person here who wanted to pay a certain noodle to "meet him". I was always under the impression that it was a dude and couldn't help but wonder if he thought said noodle would go for it lol.

Btw, is it common in anglospeaking countries to see girls "joking" about raping X or Y noodle? Cuz it is really common in the hispanic side of the fandom and the double standard gets on my nerves.

Mm, “common”, not really. Does it still happen from time to time? Sure. 

Generally speaking, if a teen girl is talking about “raping” a man 10+ years older than her, most people will just roll their eyes and move on. It’s become more common for people to interject and tell them to knock it off, as awareness has increased.

Females are all 'kyaa!' 'kyaa!' and they like to gossip.

Most males seems bi so they all are also 'kyaa!' 'kyaa!' and they like to gossip.

the few straight ones we have likes to listens to heavy bands and keep silent while laughing at the peeps who participate in the vk drama that actually only involves the western fangirls and bi's destroying their keyboards.

Edited by FOSCOR70

8 hours ago, FOSCOR70 said:

Most males seems bi so they all are also 'kyaa!' 'kyaa!' and they like to gossip.

the few straight ones we have likes to listens to heavy bands and keep silent while laughing at the peeps who participate in the vk drama that actually only involves the western fangirls and bi's destroying their keyboards.

I must be a straight man then lmao

On 8/4/2019 at 10:33 AM, FOSCOR70 said:

That's an awful generalization 

On 8/4/2019 at 4:33 AM, FOSCOR70 said:

In my experience in life in general, men like to gossip as much, if not more, than woman.

And moderate gossiping strengthens social bonds and its good for your mental health lol

On 8/4/2019 at 4:33 AM, FOSCOR70 said:

don't out me as bi, thanks

56 minutes ago, odrep said:

What th is cheki

Polaroids of band guys that are usually sold at their concerts as souvenirs

Honestly, I don't 100% understand the need to pick it apart and try to figure out how certain genders are supposed to or tend to like vk. I wish we could just sort of enjoy it and leave it at that but I guess that's not realistic. As a trans person (I bring this up because I used to be a "typical teen female fan" and am now a male fan, so I've been on both sides), it was always a mixed bag of loving the style and wanting to be like/dress like them, being attracted to the pretty members, and loving the music and the scene in general. It was like that from the beginning for me and honestly I would bet that it's mostly mixed of a few or even all of those things for most people. It's true that I used to be more into the members back then, but I think that had more to do with me being a teen than my perceived gender at the time lol. I still find a handful of members good looking but that's not much of a draw for me anymore (I am gay though, and js but I'm getting sick of seeing the claim on here that "gay men aren't attracted to androgynous men" lmao speak for yourself henny). Now I love the music and I guess I am pretty into the collecting aspect of it, but I think I have always been. I've always been into the aggressive, harsher sounding bands (UnsraW used to be one of my favorites back then) so idk if that really has anything to do with it. I'm more into the style than ever too, I started trying out my own vk looks within the last year. That's my personal experience anyway. And as others said, of course there is a difference between western fans' experiences/tendencies and those of Japanese fans. Also, I think the culture is changing over in Japan surrounding male fans. I think they're becoming more common and band members in newer bands are becoming a bit more open minded about it. Especially backed up with what Paraph was saying. The whole vk culture has changed so much even from when I first got into it and I definitely think that's part of it that has changed for sure, even if just by a bit. 

Edited by ambivalentideal
grammar

23 hours ago, Fyrnia4Maya said:

That's an awful generalization 

Generalizations are awful most of the time but this thread asked for it and i gave it in as simple and basic way as possible and i think it perfectly fits the bill. Though if anybody want an explanation of my original response i'd be happy to give and you might pple even enjoy it lol. 

17 hours ago, Komorebi said:

In my experience in life in general, men like to gossip as much, if not more, than woman.

And moderate gossiping strengthens social bonds and its good for your mental health lol

Nowhere did i said gossip is bad in fact i totally agree with you and prefer to gossip whenever possible except on internet as i dont socialize much on internet ^ ^

Edited by FOSCOR70

8 hours ago, ambivalentideal said:

I'm getting sick of seeing the claim on here that "gay men aren't attracted to androgynous men" lmao speak for yourself henny).

This. Thank you. I was always under the impression that being a gay man means you like dick, not that you exclusively like the very masculine western representation of men lol

2 hours ago, Komorebi said:

This. Thank you. I was always under the impression that being a gay man means you like dick, not that you exclusively like the very masculine western representation of men lol

And for gay cis guys in relationships with trans guys, sometimes it’s not even the dick itself.

On 8/15/2019 at 5:13 AM, ambivalentideal said:

Honestly, I don't 100% understand the need to pick it apart and try to figure out how certain genders are supposed to or tend to like vk. I wish we could just sort of enjoy it and leave it at that but I guess that's not realistic. As a trans person (I bring this up because I used to be a "typical teen female fan" and am now a male fan, so I've been on both sides), it was always a mixed bag of loving the style and wanting to be like/dress like them, being attracted to the pretty members, and loving the music and the scene in general. It was like that from the beginning for me and honestly I would bet that it's mostly mixed of a few or even all of those things for most people. It's true that I used to be more into the members back then, but I think that had more to do with me being a teen than my perceived gender at the time lol. I still find a handful of members good looking but that's not much of a draw for me anymore (I am gay though, and js but I'm getting sick of seeing the claim on here that "gay men aren't attracted to androgynous men" lmao speak for yourself henny). Now I love the music and I guess I am pretty into the collecting aspect of it, but I think I have always been. I've always been into the aggressive, harsher sounding bands (UnsraW used to be one of my favorites back then) so idk if that really has anything to do with it. I'm more into the style than ever too, I started trying out my own vk looks within the last year. That's my personal experience anyway. And as others said, of course there is a difference between western fans' experiences/tendencies and those of Japanese fans. Also, I think the culture is changing over in Japan surrounding male fans. I think they're becoming more common and band members in newer bands are becoming a bit more open minded about it. Especially backed up with what Paraph was saying. The whole vk culture has changed so much even from when I first got into it and I definitely think that's part of it that has changed for sure, even if just by a bit. 

The reason why I asked this question is exactly to force myself to close the gap between male and female inside of me, to be more like the female vkei fans.