Shaolan974

Angelo new album, "FAUST" release

Wow, this sounds like they just smashed together ideas for two songs (main riff/verse vs bridge/chorus/solo parts). A bit cringey for me this way... I would enjoy this way more if this was two separate fully fleshed-out songs, lol. Otherwise not bad.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Yes the transition surprised me at first too

I think they often do this kind of contrast between sections. Kind of dark and light 

Edited by Kirito

I actually like it, much to my surprise lmao. At least it sounds memorable for once. I agree that it's like two songs merged together, but I didn't mind it?

The more I read everyone's comments, the more I understand why you guys can't never listen to Angelo properly, everyone is just bitter about Pierrot disband and can't move on and accept the fact that Angelo is a different band with different ideas, even if you insist on complaining, Pierrot is in the past now and it will not come back.  It's a very selfish way of thinking, Kirito and his bandmates are doing the music they want to convey now, and they deserve respect and for people to have proper listen to the material they are doing today. I guess the Japanese fans are more understanding because their concerts are always full and with great energy, and I don't see this whining when I go there.

About Angelo favorite album that someone asked previously,  it's difficult for me to choose between PSYCHE, RETINA, FAITH and CORD, these 4 albums are absolutely amazing, great balance, music and furthermore lyrics, Kirito's lyrics have gotten better and better, he's a more mature man now and we can see that in his lyrics, specially in PSYCHE that focuses on leaving the past behind and looking toward the future  (but American Pierrot fanboys will not bother to read these lyrics and will be in denial mostly)  XD   Don't get me wrong, I started as a PIERROT fan too, and I started listening to them around 1998-99, I've been in this for a while. But I don't like to live in the past, and I embrace the good things that the present have.

And I love the new song "A Monologue by Mephisto"  as others mentioned, there is a strong change when it transitions to the chorus, but that contrast sounds amazing, they do this very often, and the chorus gives that deep ethereal feeling that Kirito knows very well how to do ^^  there's a particular guitar sound in there I like very much, the voices harmonies give a rich sound too, and the drumming..!!  Takeo has gotten so good, he has become a master at those off beat rhythms, the guitar solo is very cool too, simple but nice just before the a capella part, great way to introduce to it, I can't wait to listen to this song in concert ^^

40 minutes ago, deedlitmurata said:

The more I read everyone's comments, the more I understand why you guys can't never listen to Angelo properly, everyone is just bitter about Pierrot disband and can't move on and accept the fact that Angelo is a different band with different ideas, even if you insist on complaining, Pierrot is in the past now and it will not come back.  It's a very selfish way of thinking, Kirito and his bandmates are doing the music they want to convey now, and they deserve respect and for people to have proper listen to the material they are doing today. I guess the Japanese fans are more understanding because their concerts are always full and with great energy, and I don't see this whining when I go there.

PIERROT was garbage by the time they disbanded, but go off I guess lmao we just have standards

best karyu hair of the decade, as for song

On 10/12/2019 at 9:52 PM, nekkichi said:

a pierrot's lowpoint covered by creatively blocked d'espairs ray X homura session band so....

props for them appropriating the song-mashing approach from sukekiyo?.. is this The Big Fad of VK now?

The more i listen the more i like it... the sound production is also very impressive.

Have to agree also on the improvement of Takeo over the year, he developed his personal drumming style

Glad to see some conversation about the awesomeness of this song ^^    Kirito mentioned in the live broadcast yesterday that the song is composed by Karyu, he's a genius, and I like his hair on the video too xD

Don't miss the "A Monologue by Mephisto" brothers' quarrel version XD

oh wow I didn't expect the samples/other tracks to be anything special at all, so far the rambling of kirito is in top-3 worst songs off the album lol

I liked jihad ( ??? ), scene and the last track the most so far; curious what more of ファウスト sounds like.

jihad and ritual sound interesting. overall these samples already sound more memorable than everything else they've put out, which is not saying much but still.

I really love the sound of the samples, I'm very impressed by SCENE, JIHAD, 止まない雪 and HYBRIDCENTURY , and of course Mephisto, but overall they all sound pretty nice ^^  I am looking forward to it. It's funny how everyone bashes Kirito here XDD keep your personal grudge somewhere else and enjoy the album LOL feels forever until next week sigh

On 9/4/2020 at 16:47, Kirito said:

Entonces, ¿qué les pareció el álbum al final?

I have the original CD and I have found it your best album so far

17 minutes ago, Kirito said:

the band just put their last live dvd on youtube

They play very very tight and Kirito is surprisingly precise there. Special mention for " CRUELWORLD " , Kirito puts 2 x more emotion than the studio version. I love it.

I agree, this concert is a masterpiece, the sound and camerawork is perfect. ホログラム is very emotional as well, its performed beautifully.

Make sure to watch it and subscribe to their channel:D they have been doing a lot of activity in Youtube, Kirito is doing Youtube broadcast almost every week now on Saturdays, last saturday all the Angelo members were there.

I have so much respect for ojisan queens who never ruined their vocals & don't overextend their range in a desperate attempt to please the white neckbeard x

kirito and kiyoharu keep saving vk over for how many decades now?????

Yeah i think Kirito, kohta and takeo are active since 1994... So 26 years.

But I don't know if Kirito really improve his live performance or he got some post production help. Anyway in both case it's fine because the result is great.

He does sound great in concert, I went to a couple of concerts from this tour (not this one though) but the ones at the beginning in smaller live houses, and I can confirm his voice is amazing during concert without the production help or whatever edition they do later.

On 4/9/2020 at 12:47 PM, Kirito said:

So everyone what did you think of the album in the end ?

it was enjoyable. I actually don't mind going back to it, which is a nice change