Shaolan974

Angelo new album, "FAUST" release

it was announced at Angelo oneman live "DOGMATIC PARTY" at 2019/07/26 at Zep DiverCity Tokyo that their new album (title not yet finalized) will be released at 2019/11/06

they will hold their oneman tour since 2019/11/09 to 2020/01/05

7 hours ago, zombieparadise said:

Kind of sad when I think of the memorability of almost every PIERROT song. I can't remember too many Angelo songs that have actually stuck with me : /

sadly true :(

Setlist at 2019/10/04

Angelo 13th Anniversary「IGNITION DEVICE」 at TOKYO DOME CITY HALL

01. ACTIVATE RESONATE

02. CREVASSE

03. 残響

04. NEW CENTURY BIRTH VOICE

05. The Crime to Cradle

06. 狂人

07. Experiment

08. ホログラム

09. 光の記憶

10. DEEP VISION

11. CRUELWORLD

12. PANDEMIC

13. AI(Artificial Intelligence)

14. SCENARIO

15. THE CROCK OF ULTIMATE

16. ORIGIN OF SPECIES「ALPHA」

17. シナプス

18. Daybreakers

Encore

01. evil

02. Crave to you

03. 報いの虹

04. RIP

05. Script error

06. SCRAP

81e764efc60b879520d3a5dad544fa844.jpg

8d231ab2c663c50e09de7a7b11dd4d964.jpg

[CD tracklist]

01. A MONOLOGUE BY MEPHISTO

02. ファウスト (Faust)

03. HYBRID CENTURY

04. THE SELECTED NEW AGE

05. JIHAD

06. RITUAL

07. 止まない雪 (Yamanai Yuki)

08. BUTTERFLY EFFECT

09. SCENE

10. STOP THE TIME , YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL

[DVD tracklist] * limited edition only

「A MONOLOGUE BY MEPHISTO」Music Video+Making

ikcb-9570_1_.jpg ikcb-9572_1_.jpg

I'm SOOO looking forward to this, the song titles look interesting ^^  Angelo albums are much better than PIERROT, they have surpassed that a long time ago. I'm so happy that they will include footage of the "making" of the PV, haven't seen that in a while, since Calvary I think. The album covers look badass too, and the song titles very interesting.

11 hours ago, deedlitmurata said:

Angelo albums are much better than PIERROT

you're able to type that with a straight face?

most of those song titles look like PIERROT rejects from the PRIVATE ENEMY era, so it might actually get me to listen to this.

Yes i blocked on the same sentance too haha x)

Those titles are really good. Hope the song are too. My favorite PIERROT album was Private Enemy. If it comes close to this i will be glad

2 hours ago, saishuu said:

you're able to type that with a straight face?

most of those song titles look like PIERROT rejects from the PRIVATE ENEMY era, so it might actually get me to listen to this.

Yes, I completely feel that way,  why the surprise?  I don't understand why people like to live in the past, but to each their own xD

And the song titles are indeed very nice, regardless if you want to compare that to Private enemy or whatever other past era of pierrot

14 hours ago, deedlitmurata said:

I'm SOOO looking forward to this, the song titles look interesting ^^  Angelo albums are much better than PIERROT, they have surpassed that a long time ago. I'm so happy that they will include footage of the "making" of the PV, haven't seen that in a while, since Calvary I think. The album covers look badass too,

umm I, like, respect your stanning, but angelo on average sounds like a pierrot's lowpoint covered by creatively blocked d'espairs ray X homura session band so....

14 hours ago, deedlitmurata said:

and the song titles very interesting.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:53 PM, Shaolan974 said:

05. JIHAD

08. BUTTERFLY EFFECT

04. THE SELECTED NEW AGE

tenor.gif

22 hours ago, nekkichi said:

umm I, like, respect your stanning, but angelo on average sounds like a pierrot's lowpoint covered by creatively blocked d'espairs ray X homura session band so....

tenor.gif

your comments sounds like the ones from those who haven't taken the time to listen to Angelo music properly and just keep whining about  Pierrot being better :)

1 hour ago, deedlitmurata said:

your comments sounds like the ones from those who haven't taken the time to listen to Angelo music properly and just keep whining about  Pierrot being better :)

god knows I tried sisT!!!!!!!!

On 10/12/2019 at 11:32 AM, deedlitmurata said:

Yes, I completely feel that way,  why the surprise?  I don't understand why people like to live in the past, but to each their own xD

I think a majority of people would agree that PIERROT had a lot more artistry and creativity when it came to creating their music. (Some) Angelo songs are good, but they don't stay with you the way over the years the way PIERROT songs did. I wouldn't call it 'living in the past'; its an obvious comparison between two related bands.

Cannot agree more with zombieparadise. When Pierrot had a concept they would go deep inside. For example, i think with the Angelo last album ' resonance ',  they did a kind of ' brighter ' album. It's not bad, but for me they could do much better. Pierrot when they wanted to do a bright album, ' Heaven ' came out. It was like each album as it owns world.

Also each members brought something more original. For example Jun guitarist of Pierrot used a guitar-synthetizer. I don't see many bands nowadays who use this kind of thing. It adds a lot of originality. Takeo on drums mixed acoustic drums and electronic pads. Plus you add to this Aiji groovy guitar style.

I know i sound like a fanboy of Pierrot. But dont get me wrong, i like and listen to Angelo. But Pierrot is Pierrot.

Maybe Faust will shut our mouthes who knows

Edited by Kirito

11 hours ago, zombieparadise said:

I think a majority of people would agree that PIERROT had a lot more artistry and creativity when it came to creating their music. (Some) Angelo songs are good, but they don't stay with you the way over the years the way PIERROT songs did. I wouldn't call it 'living in the past'; its an obvious comparison between two related bands.

Basically 99% of the bands of today's scene.

21 hours ago, Kirito said:

Cannot agree more with zombieparadise. When Pierrot had a concept they would go deep inside. For example, i think with the Angelo last album ' resonance ',  they did a kind of ' brighter ' album. It's not bad, but for me they could do much better. Pierrot when they wanted to do a bright album, ' Heaven ' came out. It was like each album as it owns world.

Also each members brought something more original. For example Jun guitarist of Pierrot used a guitar-synthetizer. I don't see many bands nowadays who use this kind of thing. It adds a lot of originality. Takeo on drums mixed acoustic drums and electronic pads. Plus you add to this Aiji groovy guitar style.

I know i sound like a fanboy of Pierrot. But dont get me wrong, i like and listen to Angelo. But Pierrot is Pierrot.

Maybe Faust will shut our mouthes who knows

Nothing to be ashamed of—PIERROT means a lot to a lot of people and they had a very unique, haunting sound. I loved the hell/heaven juxtaposition between PRIVATE ENEMY and HEAVEN. Both were so absorbing and atmospheric.

But yeah, I hope FAUST is more like HETERODOX and less like RESONANCE as well. H was a banger.

Pierrot started my dive into VK when I saw the MAD SKY music video and I've never been the same since.

I've also been not as impressed by Angelo and  their biblical theme was always off putting to someone trying to escape the fists of Catholicism and Christianity. 

Either way, I'm hopin' this album will leave a mark. Hopefully at least with one track.

On 10/14/2019 at 11:47 PM, Kirito said:

I'm curious what is everyone favorite Angelo album ?

For me i would say ' Faith ', the most coherent and impactful release to date