Hello, have been lurking for a few days and decided to introduce myself :)

I am 24, from Poland and have been listening to japanese music for about 10 years. Mostly sticking with my favorites so i don’t know that many bands but i believe i will discover some new stuff here.

One of the first bands i got to know and my absolute #1 for years already is The Gazette, discovered them around the time they released DIM and fell in love ever since. Currently i am on a quest to collect all of their singles, EPs and albums. It is a slow process but i am getting there ;)

Other bands i love are exist trace, girugamesh, undead corporation, sadie, nightmare, mary’s blood, dir en grey, lynch, d’espairsray, aldious, yousei teikoku, wagakki band, babymetal and versailles( Hizaki being my favorite - i usually don’t listen to instrumental only stuff but curse of virgo is a work of art). I guess some of them are not visual kei but visual part of vkei was never my main focus. 

As for other hobbies i enjoy fantasy books/movies and rpg games. I read some manga from time to time but not as often as i used to.

Cheers 😎

Welcome to MH! Hope you have fun here~ ^_^ nice to see another Versailles fan. Even though he's somewhat overlooked, I think Yuki is my favourite because he's the funniest IMO.  What games do you play? :)

Hi! Welcome to MH! Hope you have a great time on here ^^ And nice to meet another Gazette fan :) What's your favorite release/song(s) by them?

AYYYYYYY HELLO FELLOW COUNTRYPERSON!!! (ノ゚▽゚)ノ    〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜   \(^ω^\) 

Too bad that out of the whole selection of your fav bands I only listen to girugamesh ^^;;  

As for the Gazette, I've just randomly gone through Beautiful Deformity and liked a grand total of two songs, one of them being the outro lol The other's Inside Beast because tutututu SEXY GARBAGE is lyric gold. 

Also rpg games, yes, what games, tell me more :D 

2 hours ago, Gesu said:

What games do you play? :)

2 minutes ago, spockitty said:

Also rpg games, yes, what games, tell me more :D

My favorite would be Disgaea series - japanese turn based rpg with great amount of content and crazy storylines. Definitely the most fun games i ever played. Other than that my top would be The Witcher series, Labirynth of Refrain, Nier Automata, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I used to love dnd games like neverwinter nights or baldurs gate but that was a long time ago and i haven’t played them for so long so maybe they just got old and overshadowed by new games, not sure :)

I bought Nintendo switch last year so most new games i play are the ones released on that console.

2 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Hi! Welcome to MH! Hope you have a great time on here ^^ And nice to meet another Gazette fan :) What's your favorite release/song(s) by them?

It is hard to choose my favorite as to be honest, it changes, one week i may say that nothing will top Stacked Rubbish just to claim next week that i love the direction they went with Dogma and that is their best album.

So instead of deciding of favorite album here are some of my all time best songs i would recommend to other people: Filth in the beauty, Zetsu, Namaatatakai Kaze no Zaratsuita Jonetsu, Dogma, Lucy, Fadeless, Uncertain Sense, Wakaremichi, Juunanasai, Miseinen, Reila, Ganges ni akai bara, Chizuru, Invisible wall, In the middle of chaos, Falling, Cassis, Gabriel on the Gallows, Babylon’s Taboo, Silly god disco, Inside Beast.

Those were the ones that came to my mind, probably forgot about some anyway. I think that  gazette is in a pretty good spot considering their music quality as even the weaker songs i can’t dislike and i just like them a little less. Or maybe i just became a die hard fan and i will accept whatever they release, haha :D

One last mention to my favorite release(physical) - Beautiful Deformity, i believe it is their best looking limited edition, just love to see it on my shelf, so much better looking than those big books, division and dogma or pretty bland Dim and Stacked Rubbish.(can’t really complain about NIL, that fur is pretty cool). The only thing that would make this release even better is if they added a concert like in Ninth. I guess cool box>photo albums(or whatever that was in division xd)

2 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Hello! Welcome to MH! What’s your favourite Diru album(s)? Mine are Gauze, Withering to death, DSS and Kisou!

Mine are pretty similar. Favorite one would be Withering to death, right below are Dum Spiro Spero, Uroboros and Gauze. Somehow Kisou never won me over, probably one of the albums i like the least(i like mushi though)

49 minutes ago, platy said:

Welcome! I love your profile pic

Haha, thanks, if anyone wonders, it is prinny from disgaea games i mentioned before.

Hey hey and welcome. :)

3 hours ago, Kaile said:

So instead of deciding of favorite album here are some of my all time best songs i would recommend to other people: Filth in the beauty, Zetsu, Namaatatakai Kaze no Zaratsuita Jonetsu, Dogma, Lucy, Fadeless, Uncertain Sense, Wakaremichi, Juunanasai, Miseinen, Reila, Ganges ni akai bara, Chizuru, Invisible wall, In the middle of chaos, Falling, Cassis, Gabriel on the Gallows, Babylon’s Taboo, Silly god disco, Inside Beast.

Those were the ones that came to my mind, probably forgot about some anyway. I think that  gazette is in a pretty good spot considering their music quality as even the weaker songs i can’t dislike and i just like them a little less. Or maybe i just became a die hard fan and i will accept whatever they release, haha :D

I also can't pick a single album as a favorite but starting by favorite songs, I actually can't decide either. Like you said some are better some are a bit less good but still good though. 😅

3 hours ago, Kaile said:

My favorite would be Disgaea series - japanese turn based rpg with great amount of content and crazy storylines. Definitely the most fun games i ever played. Other than that my top would be The Witcher series, Labirynth of Refrain, Nier Automata, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I used to love dnd games like neverwinter nights or baldurs gate but that was a long time ago and i haven’t played them for so long so maybe they just got old and overshadowed by new games, not sure :)

I bought Nintendo switch last year so most new games i play are the ones released on that console.

I've never heard of Disgaea O-O Probably because it's turn based, not a big fan of those unfortunately~ But duh, Witcher ❤️ And I thought Nier Automata was more hacknslash than rpg? Am I wrong? SHOULD I BE PLAYING IT???

Man, I grew up on Neverwinter Nights, I have them all on CDs. My PC doesn't even have a CDROM any more but you'll not pry them from my cold, dead hands. 

I play only on PC gah. It's so hard to find a fellow PC gamer >.> 

Are you looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077? CAUSE I SURE AM ^^/

Welcome to MH!! I'm also 24 and have been in it for 10+ years so maybe we'll have something in common. :')

I'm also a really big fan of GazettE! Were you able to see them during the world tour this year? I saw them in Dallas in May and they were amazing. 

I'm a huge fan of lynch. as well, as you might be able to tell from my username haha. Glad to see another fan here! 

If you're looking for newer bands to try, and you haven't heard them yet, check out DIMLIM's album CHEDOARA. They were one of the first newer bands I checked out upon coming back into vk and they absolutely blew me away with this album. Maybe you'll like them too! 

11 hours ago, spockitty said:

I've never heard of Disgaea O-O Probably because it's turn based, not a big fan of those unfortunately~ But duh, Witcher ❤️ And I thought Nier Automata was more hacknslash than rpg? Am I wrong? SHOULD I BE PLAYING IT???

Man, I grew up on Neverwinter Nights, I have them all on CDs. My PC doesn't even have a CDROM any more but you'll not pry them from my cold, dead hands. 

I play only on PC gah. It's so hard to find a fellow PC gamer >.> 

Are you looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077? CAUSE I SURE AM ^^/

Nier is definitely more hacknslash, the game is great though so if you haven’t tried it i recommend checking it out dueing next steam sale.

As for cyberpunk i am not sure, i usually prefer magic and sword type of rpg than sci-fi but it coming from cd-project definitely makes me curious. I guess i won’t be getting it on release but will wait for reviews and see what people say(considering it can run on my laptop, i had to wait years to play witcher 2 because of my bad pc-thats why i love consoles, it can’t happen there)

3 hours ago, ambivalentideal said:

I'm also a really big fan of GazettE! Were you able to see them during the world tour this year? I saw them in Dallas in May and they were amazing. 

If you're looking for newer bands to try, and you haven't heard them yet, check out DIMLIM's album CHEDOARA. They were one of the first newer bands I checked out upon coming back into vk and they absolutely blew me away with this album. Maybe you'll like them too! 

Unfortunately not, the tour was right during my exams period and i couldn’t find the time to go since there was no concert in my country. May was alright but ticket to states was not, haha, hopefully i will get to see them during their next tour and for now i will get the world tour blu ray when they release one.

I haven’t heard anything from DIMLIM but i already saw some people praising them here on MH, i will surely check them out later today. 

16 hours ago, Kaile said:

Unfortunately not, the tour was right during my exams period and i couldn’t find the time to go since there was no concert in my country. May was alright but ticket to states was not, haha, hopefully i will get to see them during their next tour and for now i will get the world tour blu ray when they release one.

I haven’t heard anything from DIMLIM but i already saw some people praising them here on MH, i will surely check them out later today. 

ah, I see. I have a feeling they will be world touring again at some point in the future, so hopefully you can catch them then! True, I hadn't though about there being a blu-ray but I hope there will be one. 

Yeah, they're amazing! Hope you will like them :D 

@ambivalentideal Checked out DIMLIM last few days and i must say thats definitely the band i want to follow. I did like the new single the most though, especially 離人.  His clean vocals are so addicting, i would love to hear more songs like that.

My other favorites are アハレワタ, The Invisible, GROTESQUE, Innocent passion, Malformation and D.Hymnus. I guess that is a lot  of favorites considering the amount of songs they released but i really liked them all. I also like how some songs give me that DEG vibe and at the same time they are something else. Looking forward to see what they come up with next.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:12 AM, Kaile said:

@ambivalentideal Checked out DIMLIM last few days and i must say thats definitely the band i want to follow. I did like the new single the most though, especially 離人.  His clean vocals are so addicting, i would love to hear more songs like that.

My other favorites are アハレワタ, The Invisible, GROTESQUE, Innocent passion, Malformation and D.Hymnus. I guess that is a lot  of favorites considering the amount of songs they released but i really liked them all. I also like how some songs give me that DEG vibe and at the same time they are something else. Looking forward to see what they come up with next.

Nice!! I'm glad you like them! I agree, I'm obsessed with his vocals. Both his clean and harsh vocals are so diverse in what he's able to do, and interesting too. They have a ton of great songs, so I don't blame you at all for having a lot of favorites. Mine are probably Malformation and Shigarami, but the entire CHEDOARA album is my favorite right now haha. I agree with that too, I think they're definitely inspired by DEG but they're also doing some cool new stuff of their own, imo. Same here!