The Piass

ペンタゴン(Pentagon) will disband

i actually liked their last couple of singles lmao rip, hope some of them return in other interesting projects

I'm partially sad but not surprised. I hope Chizuru joins another project were he isn't whored out like a kpop idol. 

Remember when goemon said POIDOL was gonna be part of "the big 3". How's that going? Will POIDOL be pulling pentagon numbers any time before their disband? lol

That's so annoyed since "Hankou Seimei" they released good singles with solids b-tracks and theirs last single is perfect for chill during this summer, hope Yutori (gu) and Atsuki (dr) will continue in the vk scene

5 hours ago, Zalemu said:

Haaaaaa. I saw this coming a mile away.

The band got really boring since their 2016's album WELCOME TO GHOST HOTEL ...
Such a waste of talents, I really love their beginning era, CALL ME… , 少年ワルツ and ひじきとカラアゲ were solid releases.

I like a few of their songs, and I really like Chizuru's voice, so I'm kind of sad, but they had a decent run by modern VK standards. They produced quite a few releases, and they played around with all kinds of different styles, both musically and visually (personally, the variety in Pentagon's sound was the main thing I liked about them), so I feel like the timing is good. Like, I feel satisfied that Pentagon lived up to whatever potential they had together and now feels like a good time for them to try something new.

I'm curious to see what everyone ends up doing in the future.

Since someone mentioned poidol, I think Nana did a comment about on Instagram stories:

Spoiler

Whats-App-Image-2019-07-25-at-12-31-44.j

Man, I really liked shonen waltz, jesus phobia... 

Edited by meikyoushisui
edit: I add a screenshot from Nana's comment bc why not

Although sad, the announcement doesn't surprise me. I really enjoyed the latest releases, but somehow I felt the disband was close. I wonder if Chizuru will continue to devote himself to musicals.

FFS! Another of my favourites bites the dust. To be fair, I did kind of see this coming as well, their last few singles were a bit of a mixed bag, but I really liked their last album. Here's hoping they can put out one more album before they call it a day.

4 hours ago, suji said:

That person writing this really needs to work on their English.

The tone is weird, but there are only a couple of actual errors there. I've seen a lot worse English on this very forum.

(Apologies for double post)

Edited by johnesh

23 hours ago, platy said:

^clearly unaware of the numbers they were pulling at lives

Seems like they are the 3rd band I dont get how they stay above the water along with Alice Nine (ever since the A9 comeback) and Angelo

32 minutes ago, sutululu said:

Seems like they are the 3rd band I dont get how they stay above the water along with Alice Nine (ever since the A9 comeback) and Angelo

they just had a pierrot revival gig that probably has them covered for like half of decade financially, at which point they'll release a pierrot album, book a nation-wide tour and either disband for real, or come back luna sea style.

they probably all have pierrot peak money invested somewhere as well idk

Honestly i dont know if people agree my favorite release from them was there very first one Call me and there best album is Welcome to ghost hotel in my opinion.

Aside from that. These guys take me back to when i first found them and now i think holy sht they are now disbanding what a surprise. I definitely expected the reasoning behind this. Releases like Popcorn monster and CRAZY TRIBE show some difference in musical execution but all were awesome in there own light. Overall it sad to see them go they made each release pretty fun and cool. 

their best album "ベスト オブ ペンタゴン" (Best Of Pentagon) will be released at 2019/12/04 (2 types)

"SINGLES盤" (SINGLES edition) (4980yen) will include CD (14 songs) and DVD including PV

[CD tracklist]

01. 人喰テディベア

02. 少年ワルツ

03. テツキズ

04. Jesus phobia

05. WELCOME TO GHOST HOTEL

06. ポップコーンモンスター

07. ボクラノウタ

08. CRAZY TRIBE

09. トゥーン・ワールド

10. 反抗声明

11. マントラ

12. カルチャーショック

13. 夢から覚めた日

14. 群青(Album Ver.)

[DVD tracklist]

01. 人喰テディベア

02. 少年ワルツ

03. Jesus phobia

04. テツキズ

05. WELCOME TO GHOST HOTEL

06. ポップコーンモンスター

07. ボクラノウタ

08. CRAZY TRIBE

09. トゥーン・ワールド

10. 反抗声明

11. マントラ

12. カルチャーショック

13. 夢から覚めた日

"メンバーセレクト盤" (Member Select edition) (4180yen) will include 2CD (14 songs each)

[CD1 tracklist]

01. オムカエ

02. 17

03. 水彩

04. アネモネ

05. 素晴らしい「教育」

06. 踏切迷子

07. Teenage.

08. 二面相シンデレラ

09. どうでもええけど

10. 真昼間は別の顔

11. ドラマ

12. Here I am

13. コールドスリープ

14. 勘違い革命

[CD2 tracklist]

01. As.

02. メローサンセットビーチ

03. BAD BOY

04. MONOCHROME

05. mistake

06. 27

07. Hello

08. プロポーズ

09. Lonely One

10. 今日から僕は改札機

11. 再光(Album Ver.)

12. 誰かじゃないんだ

13. グッド・バイ

14. ONE'S STORY

I LOVE ITTT 😭 Why didn't they achieve this aesthetic prior to disbanding. It's a lovely picture, but I hope we get some upbeat song and not just soppy kira kira ballads.