The Piass

ペンタゴン(Pentagon) will disband

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Any reason why?

Well, Chizuru said that the band did not think that they would be able to live up to the band's growing reputation. He was also having trouble with the musical direction he wanted to take. The other members also had their own thoughts and that's how they first talked about disbanding in the winter of 2017.  But he reached the conclusion that the band could still keep going. However, at the end of 2018, the band and the label talked again about it and came to the conclusion that it would be the best solution as each member's own musical direction and desires had changed since they formed.

1 hour ago, The Piass said:

Well, Chizuru said that the band did not think that they would be able to live up to the band's growing reputation. He was also having trouble with the musical direction he wanted to take. The other members also had their own thoughts and that's how they first talked about disbanding in the winter of 2017.  But he reached the conclusion that the band could still keep going. However, at the end of 2018, the band and the label talked again about it and came to the conclusion that it would be the best solution as each member's own musical direction and desires had changed since they formed.

'Musical direction'? From Pentagon? Hm... This guys were everything but actually musicians to me... They were a boy-band project after all, so I'm sure their disbanding may have to do with other stuff, like contract matters and such, rather than 'artistic' arguments between members...

Edited by saiko

That's really unfortunate to hear. Another one of my favourites bites the dust.

I know people did not like their "lack of direction", but I really appreciate a band that can pull off a mixture of genres. I usually get bored of bands that tend to do the same thing over and over. I don't personally have a problem if they want to make a pop single, and then a rock single, and then an album with a mix of both. I know people will disagree with me, but I thought Chizuru is talented enough for multiple styles (or at least, the post-production on his voice is good enough, lol). My preference is not the super-poppy cute style, but I really like his singing in rock-style songs, and his rapping. I hope Chizuru at least continues with doing vocals in a VK band.

@peffy I totally agree with you as well I mean  if a bands singles all sound similar people don't enjoy it and if they like to try new things people don't enjoy it. Just do what your band wants to do and make yourselves happy. It is your project anyway. I loved everything they did BTW

41 minutes ago, saiko said:

'Musical direction'? From Pentagon? Hm... This guys were everything but actually musicians to me... They were a boy-band project after all, so I'm sure their disbanding may have to do with other stuff, like contract matters and such, rather than 'artistic' arguments between members...

um, are you talking about the actual boy band group with the same name?

pentagon-kpop-band-kcon-nj-2018-billboar

I for once believe in the differences in music direction thing. I always thought their "directionless" approach was actually intentional, and I respect them for that, even if the disco ended up being 50-50 for me.

There is A LOT of talent in those boys, that's for sure. I hope to see them all back in action in the future, specially the drummer, he is great

Sad but expected. I was a bit of a Pentagon fan in the past but their last releases were meh. The softer songs sounded the same. The harder songs had some variety. Hope the guys will return in projects that suits their wishes 

22 minutes ago, platy said:

^clearly unaware of the numbers they were pulling at lives

I was going to say, based on the quality of production their PVs alone, they make money. 

Plus, they're popular enough that a rouge stan tried to get MH shut down, so RIP in peace pentagom