God

i’m having a controller issue w a game i pirated

i’m not sure what forum to post this in, so please move it if i’m wrong.  😂😂

anyway, maybe in october i pirates a copy of ffxiii.  i got ds4windows so i could use my dualshock 4, and it worked well.  i pauses playing for a while, but today i wanted to pick it up again, now my controls are weird?  i checked my profiles and made sure everything was mapped correctly, i reconfigured the controller...and, it’s still weird.  it works in my emulators just fine.

does anyone know what’s going on with this?  there’s no reconfig controls in the actual game itself so that’s not it either.  i just wanna pretend i’m guiding sena on a weird fever dream.  😂

Edited by God
it’s a pc game

14 minutes ago, God said:

i’m not sure what forum to post this in, so please move it if i’m wrong.  😂😂

anyway, maybe in october i pirates a copy of ffxiii.  i got ds4windows so i could use my dualshock 4, and it worked well.  i pauses playing for a while, but today i wanted to pick it up again, now my controls are weird?  i checked my profiles and made sure everything was mapped correctly, i reconfigured the controller...and, it’s still weird.  it works in my emulators just fine.

does anyone know what’s going on with this?  there’s no reconfig controls in the actual game itself so that’s not it either.  i just wanna pretend i’m guiding sena on a weird fever dream.  😂

What emulator are you using for the PS3?

Just now, secret_no_03 said:

What emulator are you using for the PS3?

oh my bad , it’s a pc copy.

38 minutes ago, God said:
  • anyway, maybe in october i pirates a copy of ffxiii.
  •  i got ds4windows so i could use my dualshock 4, and it worked well. 
  • now my controls are weird?
  •  i checked my profiles and made sure everything was mapped correctly,
  • i reconfigured the controller...and, it’s still weird.  
  • it works in my emulators just fine.
  • Try running DS4Updater.exe just to check for any updates
  • Then, try to change the order in which you start DS4Windows (if you are not starting it before the game.)
    • Make sure you launch DS4 before the game itself. The game might be recognizing the controller straight away rather than emulating the Xbox 360 controller like DS4 intends.
  • In what way are the controllers weird? Is it a mapping issue of the buttons or the directionality of the analog sticks?
    • If it's just the analog sticks, it might be more of a hardware/drifting issue. However, you said other emulators work atm.
  • Sometimes there's issues with Xinput vs. Dinput. It seems like you had it working before, though.

I use DS4 with CEMU and a few pirated PC titles myself and DS4Windows works fine for me atm. Try following the above, and if it still doesn't work maybe consult w/ r/PiratedGames or r/Piracy.

*Forgot to mention, if it worked and then you played w/ some settings/profiles afterwards and forgot what they were, try reinstalling DS4Windows.

Edited by colorful人生

9 minutes ago, colorful人生 said:

• Try running DS4Updater.exe just to check for any updates
  • Then, try to change the order in which you start DS4Windows (if you are not starting it before the game.)
    • Make sure you launch DS4 before the game itself. The game might be recognizing the controller straight away rather than emulating the Xbox 360 controller like DS4 intends.
  • In what way are the controllers weird? Is it a mapping issue of the buttons or the directionality of the analog sticks?
    • If it's just the analog sticks, it might be more of a hardware/drifting issue. However, you said other emulators work atm.
  • Sometimes there's issues with Xinput vs. Dinput. It seems like you had it working before, though.

I use DS4 with CEMU and a few pirated PC titles myself and DS4Windows works fine for me atm. Try following the above, and if it still doesn't work maybe consult w/ r/PiratedGames or r/Piracy.

it’s the mapping.  x and circle aren’t doing anything at all?  traingle and square are doing smth other than what they’re supposed to and so are the shoulder buttons.  i’ll try the update thing tho.  hopefully that’s the only issue.  

edit: there’s no updates.  i guess reddit it is.  thanks for trying, guys.  

Edited by God

6 minutes ago, God said:

it’s the mapping.  x and circle aren’t doing anything at all?  traingle and square are doing smth other than what they’re supposed to and so are the shoulder buttons.  i’ll try the update thing tho.  hopefully that’s the only issue.  

If nothing changes after updating, try uninstalling and reinstalling DS4Windows and either use the Default profile or do what you did before where it worked. One thing to pay attention to is when you start DS4Windows. Maybe the PC version of FXVIII is arbitrarily mapping the buttons of your controller b/c it's not going through DS4Windows. So start DS4 long before you start the game.

--

Or just get one of the subreddits involved. They'll probably sort out your issue.

1 minute ago, colorful人生 said:

If nothing changes after updating, try uninstalling and reinstalling DS4Windows and either use the Default profile or do what you did before where it worked. One thing to pay attention to is when you start DS4Windows. Maybe the PC version of FXVIII is arbitrarily mapping the buttons of your controller b/c it's not going through DS4Windows. So start DS4 long before you start the game.

--

Or just get one of the subreddits involved. They'll probably sort out your issue.

ds4 starts up with my laptop.  i’ll try the uninstall/reinstall thing before going to reddit, tho.