Euronymous

Artist's Mental Health & Cyber Bullying

For several times on interviews i saw artists saying that they don't like to google themselves. (if i were famous i wouldn't like it too)

I think some "fans" feel free to show their ugliest attitudes on internet,making assumptions and throwing adjectives just because they are safe behind their computers.The interview with Sophie Turner speaking about how she got depressed made me ponder about such things...I know,once you decide to be famous and consequently rich,you need to be ready for this kind of shit,because you'll get constantly exposed.However,she (jennie/sophie) and any other artist are still humans after all. I can only imagine the psychological pressure and the psychological wounds these people may have.I think we also  know that beauty,money and all the material things human can conquer means nothing to depression.It will still be able to beat you even though you're the most successful creature on earth.We had Kurt,Amy,Jonghyun and so many other sad and awful examples.

it's just funny when we speak our minds about musicians and their music on this forum ,but i'm totally against this kind of "recklessness" on MV's posted on youtube or even on their personal accounts,because it's probably where they get to know a good part of the public's feedback.Don't know much about the case below,but i thought it was a good example of how such things happens.

Edited by Euronymous

I’m fine with giving musicians and actors constructive criticism. It help them improve and do better the next time.

However, when the artist is receiving death threats and ends up getting shit on, that’s where I draw the line. I think people just tend to forget that they’re still people as well. I remember people lost their shit over GOT season 8 and just went all out fanboy rage over it.  

Obviously, we are more open on this website because we’re pretty niche tbh. It’s not like some bandmen will come in here and just lurk lol

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

I am so fucking glad you made this topic. And people wonder why I get defensive over people (often celebrities) in these kinds of situations... I don't have time to watch the second vid you posted because it's 4am (lol whoops) but I watched the first one and it pretty much summed it up. Thank you.

there definitely needs to be more of an importance placed on mental health.  i remember when park bom (2ne1) got in trouble for smuggling anti-depressants into korea bc she couldn’t get them there.  i don’t remember the exact details, but that whole thing makes me so mad.

then that girl from kara (i forget her name) recently attempted suicide.

and let’s not forget that drug scandal w top and that trainee and his subsequent suicide attempt which is extra bullshit since that whole ikon thing that recently happened with that dude on coke.  tbh yg is a p scummy guy all together.

1 minute ago, God said:

there definitely needs to be more of an importance placed on mental health.  i remember when park bom (2ne1) got in trouble for smuggling anti-depressants into korea bc she couldn’t get them there.  i don’t remember the exact details, but that whole thing makes me so mad.

then that girl from kara (i forget her name) recently attempted suicide.

and let’s not forget that drug scandal w top and that trainee and his subsequent suicide attempt which is extra bullshit since that whole ikon thing that recently happened with that dude on coke.  tbh yg is a p scummy guy all together.

That first story is probably the most fucked up thing out there. The fact that she was denied access to these medications is fucking cruel.

It's shit like this that makes me hate K-Pop with a burning passion. How can you love your favorite artist when they are being treated like property and dogshit. They're forced to do everything and have no free will whatsoever. It's fucking sick how this is acceptable /rant

It's even worse when there are people who actually want to BE a K-Pop star. Yeah, wouldn't you LOOOVE it for your mental health to deteriorate to the point of suicide? Ugh..fuck this

15 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

That first story is probably the most fucked up thing out there. The fact that she was denied access to these medications is fucking cruel.

It's shit like this that makes me hate K-Pop with a burning passion. How can you love your favorite artist when they are being treated like property and dogshit. They're forced to do everything and have no free will whatsoever. It's fucking sick how this is acceptable /rant

It's even worse when there are people who actually want to BE a K-Pop star. Yeah, wouldn't you LOOOVE it for your mental health to deteriorate to the point of suicide? Ugh..fuck this

tbh i straight up don’t get any of it.  it’s stressful for the idols, it’s stressful for the fans.  it’s like musical slavery with willing participants.  

I saw few days ago the case involving the girl from Kara. Fortunately they found her in time,cuz it would be another Jonghyun happening in the kpop industry,she tried exactly the same method.

These Asian countries are kinda inhuman....they aren't like in the western, people there can't speak their minds the way we do here.  Japan and Korea are leaders in terms of organization,but at the same time I feel like people there are merely treated as part of their "perfect" system,they have this philosophy to never complain,be always polite, grateful,etc,which is nice to keep appearances, however the spiritual and mental state of those people remains blurred and shadowed.

So no one is able to see who you really are or what you've been going through. 

That's why they have an insanely high suicide rate,which is ironic,cuz both Japan and Korea are beautiful and safe countries.