psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

25 minutes ago, Tokage said:

I think Phantom of the Paradise >>>>>>>> The Rocky Horror Picture Show as far as flamboyant 70s cult musicals are concerned, maybe it's also cuz Rocky Horror has this whole culture of HYPE surrounding it already while PotP doesn't, but I was kinda let down by how utterly 'meh' TRHPS ended up being in comparison, it kinda peaked with Science Fiction Double Feature 

I kinda agree actually. And on the note of musicals, have you seen Little Shop of Horrors? The original 60's Roger Corman flick is a masterpiece, but the 86 musical is awesome as well. Hilarious movie and incredibly underrated. It really captures the feeling and essence of watching a live theatre play instead of a movie. Good shit!

6 hours ago, Bear said:

I kinda agree actually. And on the note of musicals, have you seen Little Shop of Horrors? The original 60's Roger Corman flick is a masterpiece, but the 86 musical is awesome as well. Hilarious movie and incredibly underrated. It really captures the feeling and essence of watching a live theatre play instead of a movie. Good shit!

I haven't watched the Corman one, but I've watched the 80s version, good stuff for sure (and further proof that test screen audiences are idiots, too)  Would argue that one definitely tops RHPS for me as well. Hell, if we go even more modern w/ the goofy cult musicals, I'd argue Poultrygeist, The American Astronaut and Repo! outdo it as well

tbh kpop girl groups are far more interesting than boy groups.  girl groups seem to get more concept ideas and have better music overall.  i honestly don’t understand why boy groups are more popular since they p much just recycle the same 4 concepts for p much every release.  most of them sound p similar to me, too.  

18 hours ago, God said:

tbh kpop girl groups are far more interesting than boy groups.  girl groups seem to get more concept ideas and have better music overall.  i honestly don’t understand why boy groups are more popular since they p much just recycle the same 4 concepts for p much every release.  most of them sound p similar to me, too.  

You know, you're right XD I tried to think of a truły fresh and original concept a boy group's had in the past few years and I can't. Unless you count Big Bang I suppose, but they just don't give a fuck anymore  And even they just dial up the bad boy concept to eleven and call it a day.

It then put me on a trip down memory lane to the good ol' DBSK beginnings when their concept was closer to VK than western pop lol I mean 

I feel like these days the whole industry is too focused on uniform mass appeal, ideally they want to succeed in Korea, Japan and in the West all at once and what comes out is a big pile of bland sameness. 

Which I feel is the polar opposite to the VK scene, it being so insular~ not that bland sameness is not and issue, but you certainly can't say it holds grand mass appeal and aspirations for expansion X'D

55 minutes ago, spockitty said:

You know, you're right XD I tried to think of a truły fresh and original concept a boy group's had in the past few years and I can't. Unless you count Big Bang I suppose, but they just don't give a fuck anymore  And even they just dial up the bad boy concept to eleven and call it a day.

It then put me on a trip down memory lane to the good ol' DBSK beginnings when their concept was closer to VK than western pop lol I mean 

I feel like these days the whole industry is too focused on uniform mass appeal, ideally they want to succeed in Korea, Japan and in the West all at once and what comes out is a big pile of bland sameness. 

Which I feel is the polar opposite to the VK scene, it being so insular~ not that bland sameness is not and issue, but you certainly can't say it holds grand mass appeal and aspirations for expansion X'D

TRAX was very good, co-founded by Yoshiki, but once Rose left they went downhill.

Completely unrelated to K-pop, but I don't give a shite about anything to do with the MCU except for Guardians Of The Galaxy (and even then, I only ever got around to seeing the first one). It's not that I have anything against it and I'm sure that if I saw more, I'd enjoy it; I just don't really care.

2 hours ago, spockitty said:

it’s honestly such a shame.  no one is really willing to take risks anymore.  every once in a while, someone releases smth really cool and unique...did you hear key’s solo album?  😱 like that is exactly the kind of thing kpop needs rn.  give us variety again.  😔

2 hours ago, Gesu said:

Completely unrelated to K-pop, but I don't give a shite about anything to do with the MCU except for Guardians Of The Galaxy (and even then, I only ever got around to seeing the first one). It's not that I have anything against it and I'm sure that if I saw more, I'd enjoy it; I just don't really care.

That’s fine and all but I hate the ones who just hate it because they find it nerdy and the audacity to hate on others for enjoying it.

Like stop being an asshole. One kid in my history class always found a way to insult me and my friends interest in the MCU and was all like “WHY DO YOU LIKE THIS!!?? I ONLY LIKE MOVIES WITH GUNS AND SEX IN IT”

Bro, stfu

Like honestly if you just watch shows just for those reasons then 1. your already a really boring person and 2. maybe you should find a show or a movie with a GOOD story, not just how many times a hot girl shows her tits. 

I think he’ll love Nymphomanic then lol

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

26 minutes ago, God said:

it’s honestly such a shame.  no one is really willing to take risks anymore.  every once in a while, someone releases smth really cool and unique...did you hear key’s solo album?  😱 like that is exactly the kind of thing kpop needs rn.  give us variety again.  😔

It’s kind of sad that the more experimental and intriguing groups are put aside for the more bland and generic ones. Like we get it that every teenage girl likes EXO or BTS or whatever, but give some more newer and fresh groups a chance

16 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

I hate sweet potatoes, yams whatever you want to call them.

3 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

THANK YOU! Sweet potato fries are nasty

C6KFZ6DUsAASh1F.jpg

-

To provide one of my own:

Guac sucks, fite me.

Just now, Gesu said:

Most disgusting food ever invented.

2 minutes ago, colorful人生 said:

C6KFZ6DUsAASh1F.jpg

-

To provide one of my own:

Guac sucks, fite me.

I like avocado in small doses. Avocado toast can fuck off though, damn millennials.

Just now, psychonnect_rozen said:

Still not as bad as boomers lol. I’m Gen Z and I can admit my generation is a bit zany at times

*The irony of the statement since anyone born after 1981 up until 1997 is a millennial, therefore I myself am one.

I'm gonna side w/ @Gesu here and agree that the MCU is absolutely hot garbage and I honestly can not WAIT for the superhero bubble to fucking burst. I've seen most of the Phase 1 & 2 films other than a handful and the only two serviceable films I've seen were Winter Soldier and GotG (somehow coincidentally also the only ones I watched on my own accord & wasn't dragged off to watch) and even those are maybe a 6.5 or 7 / 10 at BEST. There's literally absolutely no depth in there other than ''omg pretty colors, epic cgi and funny quips! check out this  meme! buy our merchandise!" and yet useful idiots keep falling for that shit every single time because they're so easily pandered to

also, just to maintain that arcance ''i don't like popular thing'' energy, i'm just gonna add that i've completely soured on Stranger Things as well. Convinced season 1 was just lightning in a bottle at this point

Edited by Tokage

4 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

I hate sweet potatoes, yams whatever you want to call them.

hell yeah, man.  finally. 😂

1 minute ago, God said:

hell yeah, man.  finally. 😂

I remember actually trying Sweet Potato fries and I didn’t like em. My dad asked why and I couldn’t come up with an answer so I said “there too...sweet?”

I honestly didn’t know what to say lol

9 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

I remember actually trying Sweet Potato fries and I didn’t like em. My dad asked why and I couldn’t come up with an answer so I said “there too...sweet?”

I honestly didn’t know what to say lol

idk what it is either.  they’re just really gross and make the back of my throat feel weird.  

7 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

TRAX was very good, co-founded by Yoshiki, but once Rose left they went downhill.

Yeah, I really liked their music. I actually followed Rose after the break-up, since he was my favourite member, and years later he ended up in some half-assed vocal pop trio, that had like one good song and disappeared into the void T-T  

5 hours ago, God said:

I actually don't think I did! I'll check it out. I also thought that Teamin's Japanese solo was pretty interesting 

for some reason, it reminds me of Gackt :'D There's some real talent in SHINee, I gotta get back into that~

Edited by spockitty

Shipping real people is gross and needs to stop. Shipping fictional characters is fine tho.

Like seriously, the fact that people ship The Gazette is weird enough. As good looking as the band is, I don’t wanna read something where Ruki gets pegged by Kai