psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

1 hour ago, God said:

if we give it time, i’m sure live action anime adaptions will figure out what they’re doing.  let’s not forget, tim burton directed batman once.

Tokyo ghouls is already 10x better than the anime 

3 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Tokyo ghouls is already 10x better than the anime 

The first two seasons were great. The first season for Tokyo Ghoul Re was not good. I didn't even bother watching part two of that 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

9 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

The first two seasons were great. The first season for Tokyo Ghoul Re was not good. I didn't even bother watching part two of that 

You seriously think TG: route A was "great" ? 

Now that's an unpopular opinion. I'm... 

9 minutes ago, platy said:

You seriously think TG: route A was "great" ? 

Now that's an unpopular opinion. I'm... 

Root a was utter dogshit and even season 1 wasnt anything amazing besides ep 1 and 12

Just now, secret_no_03 said:

Here's an unpopular opinion, Tokyo Ghoul is trash anime and doesn't hold a candle to any of the series from the golden age.

“golden age” anime are great and all, but that whole “anime has only gotten worse!!  golden age forever” thing is annoying af.  every anime era has good and bad, it doesn’t really matter when it was made.  that being said, idrc about tg either way.  🤔

5 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Here's an unpopular opinion, Tokyo Ghoul is trash anime and doesn't hold a candle to any of the series from the golden age.

That's not unpopular, that's ignorant. TG anime is pure, uninspired garbage. The manga is genuinely great. Series from the golden age haven't aged that well either but TG was never meant to compare with them in the first place lmao

Just now, platy said:

That's not unpopular, that's uninformed. TG anime is pure, uninspired garbage. The manga is genuinely great. Series from the golden age haven't aged that well either but TG was never meant to compare with them in the first place lmao

Basically this, most of the praise comes from the manga 

On the subject of anime, Blood Lad was fucking shite. Never read the manga but I watched the anime and it was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

2 minutes ago, platy said:

That's not unpopular, that's ignorant. TG anime is pure, uninspired garbage. The manga is genuinely great. Series from the golden age haven't aged that well either but TG was never meant to compare with them in the first place lmao

tbh i hope no one tries to compare with golden age stuff.  we’ve already done that.  do smth else.

4 minutes ago, platy said:

I'll be the first to admit that I'm wilfully ignorant about anime. To me, anime died in 2007.

2 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

I'll be the first to admit that I'm wilfully ignorant about anime. To me, anime died in 2007.

Shame. There's some great stuff out there...

12 minutes ago, Gesu said:

On the subject of anime, Blood Lad was fucking shite. Never read the manga but I watched the anime and it was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

...and blood lad was not one of them. I read your rant in the other thread. The fanservice was the downfall of this series, otherwise it could've been a fun little adventure.

Just now, platy said:

Shame. There's some great stuff out there...

...and blood lad was not one of them. I read your rant in the other thread. The fanservice was the downfall of this series, otherwise it could've been a fun little adventure.

No worries, I don't have the patience to watch anime like I did back then, come to think of it, I was a teen then, 17, so no wonder. 😅

The only anime I look out for is UC gundam related, so like, I guess I'll watch the series of Origin even though I watched the movies, intro and outros by SUGIZO should bring a nice atmosphere to it, so it might be worth it.

I know I said this in an earlier comment but...

I actually like SAO

Granted Alfheim was...ehhhh. But the Mothers Rosario arc was well done and so was the movie.

Also, can we PLEASE stop with the “oh this died in *insert year*. Like seriously, theres sooo much good anime. 

I liked Darling In the Franxx

Jojo is overrated and I have no interest in watching it

I dont like Future Diary. If I hear “YUKKKKKIIIII” one more fucking time, I will slit my fucking wrists. That pink haired yandere cunt makes me wanna vomit.

Also, people can like the anime better than the manga even if the manga is supposedly better than the manga. You shouldn’t force it on someone if they’re not interested. Hell, I like Marvel movies and I don’t know jack shit about the comics lol

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

I cannot stand female singers, I've tried so many times to get into bands/artists with female singers, but I just can't, my ears are just so used to male vocals that I can't stand female vocals for longer than a few minutes.

1 hour ago, secret_no_03 said:

The only anime I look out for is UC gundam related

Hi, let's be friends.

tumblr_omge64Knz01vlmn9wo1_r1_400.gif

(iron blooded orphans is an alternative series, but i highly recommend it btw. perhaps the best alt. gundam series there is.

Just now, CAT5 said:

Hi, let's be friends.

tumblr_omge64Knz01vlmn9wo1_r1_400.gif

(iron blooded orphans is an alternative series, but i highly recommend it btw. perhaps the best alt. gundam series there is.

I actually watched the first season, then I rewatched Wing, you can imagine what that was like.

I think Phantom of the Paradise >>>>>>>> The Rocky Horror Picture Show as far as flamboyant 70s cult musicals are concerned, maybe it's also cuz Rocky Horror has this whole culture of HYPE surrounding it already while PotP doesn't, but I was kinda let down by how utterly 'meh' TRHPS ended up being in comparison, it kinda peaked with Science Fiction Double Feature 

Edited by Tokage